Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Hi all,

When I was ten, I went to see a child psychologist to get my IQ measured. Took a few hours and I was 136. This puts me in the top few percentiles. So whenever I walk into a room or forum I'm usually the smartest person there. I am not in Mensa lol to get that out of the way.

I have 3 bachelors degrees (took 3.5 years to get) in Microbiology, Clinical Lab science, and History. I got the history one almost by accident it was so easy to get. I have a masters in Clinical Toxicology. I have a high paying job, a beautiful gf, and a good family. I'm a bit nerdy but otherwise fine.

I think my main intelligence is not so much book smart stuff but being able to just waltz into any new situation and pick it up extremely quickly. I see to the heart of problems right away.

My problem is I don't know how to deal with being a near genius.

So GBS, How do some of you deal with just being plain smarter than most everyone you meet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shut the gently caress up.

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
I have an extremely high kinesthetic intelligence from my years of working on a chain gang

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
lol there some crazy dunning-kruger going on in OPs life.

evidence: a goon

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
My main intelligence is that basically I know all the shops around that have Mr. Pibb.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I knew an autistic guy with a high IQ, he was dumb as gently caress. Really good at physics though, ended up becoming an engineer

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Zzulu posted:

I knew an autistic guy with a high IQ, he was dumb as gently caress. Really good at physics though, ended up becoming an engineer

I'm a lot like that except I have an encyclopedic knowledge of where the pibb is at.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Zzulu posted:

youre going to need to narrow it down a little bit

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
I have an extremely high kinesthetic intelligence from knowing that Mr Pibb is garbage

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

bless your heart, sweetie

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

wow i love you

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm usually too busy trying to hide the bodies to appreciate the fact, OP.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Me pretty much, i never thought math was hard but otherwise im dumb as hell and my posting sucks

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
You're automatically the smartest person in the room if everybody else in the room is dead unless they're very intelligent dead people

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im usually having sex with mens asses, so whatevs

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

Yeah I've watched so much bing bong theory I feel like I know Howard Walowicz too.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im having anal sex with them. the asses.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
it smells like human poo poo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is what it sounds like when doves cry

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When I went to the psychologist I ended up in a fistfight with him. I lost, but I got a few good shots in

Today, we are married,

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm an attractor for non-functioning retards who can stand on a mark and say a line. They usually don't know how to use a door or walk without hitting people or use money to pay for goods and services or park between two lines or speak to someone and get a response without a violent, angry reaction.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 24, 2016

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is the best troll question of all time

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
only a sith deals in absolutes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Rakosi posted:

dunning-kruger

agree.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Rakosi posted:

dunning-kruger

whoa got the wiki link to that

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Do you drink heavily to fill the void called loneliness OP

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

SurfaceDetail posted:

whoa got the wiki link to that

no but you can find it easily on google if you try really hard and believe in yourself anything is possible

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

EX250 Type R posted:

Do you drink heavily to fill the void called loneliness OP

I'm actually quite social. Have a nice gf, a good job, plenty of friends, my family is pretty great too.

Its not so much loneliness. But a wish that there were more people at my level. I just cant have deep convos with my gf and anytime I have to train someone at work they just seem unbearably slow. I'm always polite and patient though it isn't really any fault of theirs but mine. Its a fault of perception and falsely increased expectations.

SurfaceDetail fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 24, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what is a deep convo to you mate

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

if your girlfriend is retarded why did you pick her and what does that make you lol

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once debated a MENSA member

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Rakosi posted:

if your girlfriend is retarded why did you pick her and what does that make you lol

Shes not dumb of course but when you are in the top 1-2% if you restrict your dating pool to just that range you will be very lonely.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

dad gay. so what posted:

i once debated a MENSA member

how was theyre butt?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
if you know what i mean :smug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rakosi posted:

A rapist.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
My IQ is 141. I guess that means I'm smarter than you.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

SurfaceDetail posted:

Shes not dumb of course but when you are in the top 1-2% if you restrict your dating pool to just that range you will be very lonely.

oh really? i think my girlfriend is pretty dumb sometimes and sometimes she thinks i am the dumb one, do you have any advice? ive never spoken to anyone with high IQ before (why arent you in MENSA)

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like a problem you wouldn't be having if you weren't underachieving OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Klauser posted:

My IQ is 141. I guess that means I'm smarter than you.

Greetings friend. How do you deal?

• Locked thread