Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I was driving the other day, returning from out of town. Saw Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen along the highway and thought "hey, I don't see these near where I live. I should stir it up, Bob Marley-style, and try something new"

BIG MISTAKE! I ordered 3 chicken pieces with a biscuit and mashed potatoes and some cajun fries. what I got was 10% chicken and 90% breading, which oozed sludgey grease. the biscuit was slathered with I Can't Believe I'm So Retarded Butter and ultra salty, like ocean salty. why the gently caress would a biscuit be salty? the mashed potatoes were clearly scooped from a bucket sitting around and microwaved by a minority. the fries were cancer. I'm good on my sodium intake for a month now.

I bent over the table for corporate America and they railed me. I deserved it. I hosed up, what can I say, so it seems suitable I get hosed. what fast food mistakes have you made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Shut up you fat loving slob

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I like popeyes actually but I wish they had wedges here in Canada it's a hassle to go buy chicken strips at popeyes and then have to go to Mary browns for wedges ugh. Mostly I just cook at home in fact I have a chicken in roasting right now, you're welcome to come over if you're still hungry.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Ok.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Fries and mashed potatoes?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

popeyes is seriously so disgustingly bad i think they did some sort of mind control to make people think its good

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

angerbeet posted:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

a thread about fast food opinions in gbs? 20 pages minimum. this thread woul be a good investment, get in early.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

the fries were cancer.

good

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FuhrerHat posted:

popeyes is seriously so disgustingly bad i think they did some sort of mind control to make people think its good

THis but also about KFC.

Come to think of it fried chicken in general is just nasty.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

...and thought "hey, I don't see these near where I live. I should stir it up, Bob Marley-style, and try something new"
You got everything you deserved.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
bojangles is the superior fried chicken chain.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
GBS has really strong opinions about fast food huh

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

GBS has really strong opinions about fast food huh

boy puss is tighter and takes more strength to use so you get to consume more calories

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i ate a popeyes and i liked it

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Getting in on the ground floor of the greatest thread in GBS history. My opinion is that some food is good, and some food is not good. If you disagree just try and come at me! :smug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sorry that you dont know how to order popeyes is actually good unlike op and this thread

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
hello from the goaldmine

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kuato posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of the greatest thread in GBS history. My opinion is that some food is good, and some food is not good. If you disagree just try and come at me! :smug:

Not touching this argument it'd pretty solid

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

You must awent to the chief competitor Poopeye's cause from the looks of this thread you have poop in your eye's.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

eat fresh :D

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
The last time I ate at Popeye's I got food poisoning.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I like their blackened ranch and I tried to make it at home by adding black pepper to ranch and it was similar but not as good as the stuff from popeyes Louisiana kitchen

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I just had Popeye's the other day. I never buy the sides though because they are expensive as gently caress and not very good. Got a nice 11 piece for 14bux. Tasted very good, I was very pleased with my chicken purchase.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
popeyes outside of louisiana doesn't celebrate mardi gras w/ deals or even in-store decoration and that is hosed up

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that is because they served literal garbage to you. they serve food which has been marinating in a trash bag for days to disgusting fat fucks such as yourself. see they, like everyone else, want you to die op.

poo poo, fries and mashed potatoes as sides.

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I'm black and i luvs me some fried chikkens

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

God drat take that op

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I went to one, not bad. Nothing beats an Italian sandwich from Harmon's grocery store though. Always get that and a Sioux City sarsaparilla for lunch every day.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

clicking this thread - big mistake

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
You get what you pay for. Cheap food is lovely, unless it's a Costco bratwurst or a taco from some hole in the wall taqueria.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I Can't Believe I'm So Retarded

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Stfu op popeye's is good enough to drive into da ghetto for if there isn't a closer church's.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
OP are you white

You're white, arent you

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

popeyes outside of louisiana doesn't celebrate mardi gras w/ deals or even in-store decoration and that is hosed up

popeye's on canal street has a loving maitre d'hotel at the door and like 2 levels. its a palace.

Ulsan in South Korea had three, each was slightly different: one was 3 floors, one had free internet, and one was a little shoebox store that for some reason sold corn on the cob.

I used to go weekly with a buddy to the point that they gave my fat rear end a loving popeye's membership card that i got a ten percent discount with. How I didn't die I have no idea. I should have died.

Then one day they all closed and nobody knew why.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

hello from the goaldmine

hi

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
popeyes is really good here in canada, enjoy your lax food standards amerijerk

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

angerbeet posted:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The potatoes were scooped from a bucket by a minority? Well, you wouldn't want the majority of the people working there to be in on that. Too many scoopers spoil the spuds.

Fake edit: You should have had the red beans and rice instead, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Sometimes I like to get the popcorn shrimp special on fridays.

• Locked thread