Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
ITT bad games that are simultaneously good cuz of their badness. I'll start

Clayfighter 63 and 1/3 is a bad game. It has bad characters and bad humour. The box art features the type of hilarious comedy puns one can expect when playing

Here is one of the inspired characters of creative genius, Blob. He has performed a Claytality.

My favorite character was always Taffy. Here he is about to beat the living snot out of Earthworm Jim.

Clayfighter 63 and 1/3 goes to great lengths to ensure an unsubtle racist stereotype experience!

Yet for reasons beyond all sense of knowledge and logic, the game is ... kinda fun? The combo system isn't entirely broken, which helps, and you can beat up a dude so bad that you punch him into the next stage, whereby you recommence beating his rear end. The stages are quite varied by N64 standards too.

I, uh, also laugh at many of the terrible rear end jokes.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Have you heard of a game called Mario? He's a plumber that fights a dragon turtle! How dumb is that?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Binding of Isaac is probably my favorite game but gently caress do I ever wish it wasn't so full of poop and gross out humor. I get that it's a newgrounds game given flesh essentially but ugh the game play is so good but haha I'm killing babies and poop.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

daikatana

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
haha, just get my family around the monopoly board! things can get a little heated lol, sparks definently start flying and tempers flare and everyone gets pretty hot under the collar but in the end were just a big warm loving family

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i want to hear some of the jokes OP. humor is subjective you know

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

Binding of Isaac is probably my favorite game but gently caress do I ever wish it wasn't so full of poop and gross out humor. I get that it's a newgrounds game given flesh essentially but ugh the game play is so good but haha I'm killing babies and poop.

I got the 1001 and hopefully will not play it again because all I can do now is go "welp, can I do a 10 streak?" and that's a huge loving waste of time.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I found the love of my life playing Red Rover.

It was a beautiful September day, the leaves were a transient yellow-green, fluttering slowly down to the ground. A few children taunted me from the other side of the short field, calling me, the Red Rover, to come out and play. I took a few deep breaths, steadied myself, and hurled my seven year old body towards the mass of interlinked legs and arms congealed at the other end. I huffed and puffed and threw my legs forth. I rumbled and trundled towards that human fence. I slammed into it with the full fury of an overweight child desperately seeking attention.

I saw the ground spin to the air, and my back slammed the ground. I couldn't breathe. My arms flailed in the air, desperately clutching at the oxygen my lungs wouldn't draw. That was when the teacher came over. Her dress fluttered in the wind, lovingly brushing my face as I grasped the air. With a single, forceful whoosh, the dress flew over my head.

It was then I first saw panties.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i played so much clayfighter as a kid. unlocking earthworm jim and boogerman blew my mind

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

the great deceiver posted:

i played so much clayfighter as a kid. unlocking earthworm jim and boogerman blew my mind

wrong earthworm Jim was a default character.

i really like deadly premonition so we can just go ahead and start that debate.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
have you heard of this little known videogame called citizen kane

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Football kills your brain and is bad but is from steroid freaks running into each other real fast wearing body armor so pretty good I guess.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Putty posted:

have you heard of this little known videogame called citizen kane

Yeah, it sucks. Sled racing is badly implemented, and you don't even know that you're doing it until the end of the game.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i rented that clayfighter (it was the blockbuster exclusive version, natch) and each time you picked the asian stereotype he yelled "No MSG!" in a tone that betrayed his exhaustion and grief.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

WatermelonGun posted:

wrong earthworm Jim was a default character.

i really like deadly premonition so we can just go ahead and start that debate.

Deadly premonition is a masterpiece

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's basically twin peaks the game in the best way I didn't even mind the combat

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Deadly premonition combat and some of the other gameplay is so clunky and awful but the atmosphere and writing are so good i wouldn't call it a bad game just horribly inconsistent. a remake with swery working with a western adventure game company would be insanely good.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
The musou games. It doesn't matter which one cause they are all the loving same.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Is that the Warriors series because one piece pirate warriors is so good

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Wrageowrapper posted:

The musou games. It doesn't matter which one cause they are all the loving same.

scuse me, but the chinese history of a single person killing hundreds in under 30 minutes is completely distinct from the japanese history of a single person killings hundreds in under 30 minutes, to say nothing of gundam history.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Enfield posted:

haha, just get my family around the monopoly board! things can get a little heated lol, sparks definently start flying and tempers flare and everyone gets pretty hot under the collar but in the end were just a big warm loving family

are you like a midget comedian who always has to acknowledge he's a midget before he can just act like a human being?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I think they prefer to be called little people or dwarfs

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
the doom house video game

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

fyodor posted:

are you like a midget comedian who always has to acknowledge he's a midget before he can just act like a human being?

acknowledge my fist being propelled at your lumpy head you little bitch

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wrageowrapper posted:

i love both of the fist of the north star games

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Ive been having a blast playing dark souls 3 today

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Your Posting: The Game. Wait, that's just bad.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Enfield posted:

well if you were really short maybe it would be hard to, acknowledge that?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Enfield posted:

omg he noticed me

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

resistentialism posted:

well if you were really short maybe it would be hard to, acknowledge that?

the only thing short about me is my penis. on opposite day

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
ride to hell retribution deserves as many mentions it can get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3vijm17Bs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Enfield posted:

the only thing short about me is my penis. on opposite day
it's actually opposite day, so you always have a long penis, except you do not

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dont have time for this

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

pulling out my franklin covey, checking the posting schedule

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Celluloid Sam posted:

Enter the Gungeon is a fun game that's like that but not really except for being an "action roguelite"

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
deadly premonition got a bit hatcheted up on account of them being sued about halfway through over it originally being much more overtly twin peaks inspired

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Zorodius posted:

Enter the Gungeon is a fun game that's like that but not really except for being an "action roguelite"

I can't stop playing enter the gungeon I just got to the fifth chamber for the first time tonight but oh man its so rad I bought it and risk of rain on ps4 and will likely never be bored again. My vita is missing so I can't play RoR on the bus right now though, wish I could find it.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Enfield posted:

i dont have time for this

Ah, but that means you do.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Celluloid Sam posted:

I can't stop playing enter the gungeon I just got to the fifth chamber for the first time tonight but oh man its so rad I bought it and risk of rain on ps4 and will likely never be bored again. My vita is missing so I can't play RoR on the bus right now though, wish I could find it.

yeah I've only made it to the Forge a couple times despite playing a lot. I'm bad at this video game but it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Wrageowrapper posted:

iss that the one where you gently caress the anime monsters w/ tits?

• Locked thread