Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

grrarg posted:

You are forgetting about Playstation VR. Sony is going to be pushing it at E3. There should be plenty of cringeworthy/hilarious demos because the people pushing VR can't resist trying to demo it in 2d even though it never looks good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5jh-V-cWc4

Oh man I can't wait for the VR stuff. I don't give a poo poo about VR but watching these guys flail around on stage trying to show off how immersive the VR is while we just get to see how stupid we'd look if we played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

things I really want to see:

- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, which is the new Vanillaware title and is their first modern day thing and involves loving gundam mechs. All their games are fun and beautiful and I hope they sneak something in to show this time, though I have no idea where. Probably will just wait for TGS :(

- Ruiner, which is a Devolver game and is kind of a no brainer to appear. Ruiner is going to Ruin Hatred's lunch and probably Hyper Light Drifter too. Looks like neo noir brainsmashing fun for the whole family.

- Allison Road, the undead successor to the PT throne, probably not big enough to show here but would be cool if Team17 and one of the console companies snatched the rights for a home console deal for it. I just really wonder what they're up to.

- The Rumored Sony-Exclusive Spideyman game which was "leaked" by the same guy who leaked the God of War 4 poo poo. Probably bullshit but oh man I love it if this was not only real, but was the Sucker Punch property they've been working on. We have a better chance of seeing Beyond Good and Evil 2 though.

and finally,

- WiLD, which I think was seen in 2014 and was a Michel Ancel game which means it's good as dead, and that's sad because it looked beautiful and fun.

Also really looking forward to Dishonored 2 and Red Dead pre/sequel. 2016 is so swollen with games as is so I won't be too disappointed if there's not many bombs to drop.

gonna be so let down if Mother Russia Bleeds isn't out in 2016 though.

Internet Kraken posted:

Ahahahaha

I always forget that at one point, people were actually excited for that game. When I remember I start laughing because its so loving funny how bad it turned out.

I bought it and it's actually pretty good*, Spider Tank's camera work is so great.

*I spent 10 bucks.

Mordaedil posted:

Wasn't the plot that you were some kind of autistic man thinking he was batman to cope with his niece's death and having dream sequences where he tries to make everything right, but he keeps being socially awkward and unable to deal with people and say 'no' to bad elements in his life?

After release Ubisoft tried to at least say that Aiden was a :airquote: deconstruction :airquote: of the batman archtype.

i think we're due for a man bat game anyways.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 26, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
the best thing about e3 is always describing the central premise of a game to someone who hasn't heard of it before.

homeless people kill gimps, fat people, trip balls.

forklifts. capsule toys. petting cats.

Japanese game by the Japanese, too Japanese for the Japanese to want.

woman with dick fights robots (not using said dick)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Anatharon posted:

After release Ubisoft tried to at least say that Aiden was a :airquote: deconstruction :airquote: of the batman archtype.

That isn't how deconstruction works, Ubisoft, that's playing to type. :negative:

Also, making people with mental disabilities look worse.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I did not find last years E3 as entertaining as the previous years, I really hope there are some major fuckups this year so we can all laugh and mock them on SA :smuggo:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Who's ready for the FF7 Remake to take a billion years to come out like FF15 before it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NX being part of the week's festivities at least promises something eventful. it will pretty much make or break the future due to how much the wiiu tanked, even if it gave us gems like bayonetta 2, smash, kart, 3d world, splatoon, and pikmins. going out on the mixed star fox reviews makes it necessary to start june with a bang.

and of course I'm looking forward to vita 2 :)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

All I want to know is what universe do we live in where 71/100 on Metacritic for Star Fox Zero is somehow considered "a dud"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

7/10 and two game reviewers having meltdowns in text and video over it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

All I want to know is what universe do we live in where 71/100 on Metacritic for Star Fox Zero is somehow considered "a dud"

if something gets like an 8 it's considered a "dud" these days.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If something gets an 8 it gets the reviewers death threats for a month for not giving it a 9 or 10.

edit:
A 7/10 on a Nintendo game just means that in 2-5 years it will become this super awesome cult hit that everyone will revisit and grade it a few marks higher and calling it unfairly ignored when it released.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

honestly I prefer the eurogamer or even god forbid the kotaku way of reviews, because putting numbers to poo poo barely tells me anything. for fucks sake Skyward Sword got high numbers and that game railroaded you like a retard at every moment.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The World Ends With Us will be announced this E3 as an NX launch title and it's going to be beautiful

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The World Ends With Us will be announced this E3 as an NX launch title and it's going to be beautiful

I realize nobody really "wins" a press conference but this would be the kind of game that by all means "wins" a company the show for me. Though idk how they'd do it without use of the WiiU tablet, where it would have made more sense.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The call of duty title was leaked via PSN, you cant make this poo poo up

also in e3 news:

"Square Enix will be revealing something huge for "Final Fantasy XV" as the next Active Time Report will be held at E3 2016 on June," and "Square Enix Producer Yosuke Saito confirmed during an interview on Famitsu that NieR Automata's release window will be announced at E3"

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 26, 2016

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Infinite Warfare? But if this game goes on for infinity, how will they bring out a new one next year?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

It's because this is the last Call of Duty ever made so they have to make the game go on until the heat death of the universe

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Quest For Glory II posted:

The call of duty title was leaked via PSN, you cant make this poo poo up

also in e3 news:

"Square Enix will be revealing something huge for "Final Fantasy XV" as the next Active Time Report will be held at E3 2016 on June," and "Square Enix Producer Yosuke Saito confirmed during an interview on Famitsu that NieR Automata's release window will be announced at E3"

Eagerly anticipating Call of Duty: Human Revolution in about a decade, then.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

JediTalentAgent posted:

If something gets an 8 it gets the reviewers death threats for a month for not giving it a 9 or 10.

edit:
A 7/10 on a Nintendo game just means that in 2-5 years it will become this super awesome cult hit that everyone will revisit and grade it a few marks higher and calling it unfairly ignored when it released.

Because game reviewers are comically incompetent, 7/10 means either worse than Hitler or something outside the reviewer's expectations and so they think it's worse than Hitler. The first means it's forgotten, the latter means that it becomes a beloved cult game and after lots of word of mouth the effectively identical sequel is 10/10.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Review scores are an objective measure of a video game's worth, much like grades in academia, except that video game reviews themselves are poorly written.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

MinibarMatchman posted:

- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, which is the new Vanillaware title and is their first modern day thing and involves loving gundam mechs. All their games are fun and beautiful and I hope they sneak something in to show this time, though I have no idea where. Probably will just wait for TGS :(

Yep. Seems like a TGS thing. I can't see it getting a stage show showing anywhere.

MinibarMatchman posted:

- WiLD, which I think was seen in 2014 and was a Michel Ancel game which means it's good as dead, and that's sad because it looked beautiful and fun.

It still exists! It was shown in the GamesCOM Playstation conference last year. It looks great.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please bring back DJ Ravi "DRUMS" Jakhotia in some capacity.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

Mordaedil posted:

That isn't how deconstruction works, Ubisoft, that's playing to type. :negative:

Also, making people with mental disabilities look worse.

They pulled the same poo poo with Far Cry 3, after people criticized it for playing directly into the "white man savior" archetype.

Bless their little french hearts.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Is Nintendo doing a tournament thing again this year? That was pretty fun.

I love E3, its my favorite disaster movie.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I know it's not going to be ages till it's out but I would kill for trailer of Cyberpunk 2077 at E3. CD Projekt is the only developer I will gladly hop on the hype train for. They haven't let me down yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 27, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/nintendo-announces-march-2017-launch-for-nintendo-nx-and-zelda-delay/

quote:

Nintendo's annual fiscal-year earnings release went live on Wednesday via an announcement from its Japanese arm, and with that release came a very modestly tucked bit of giant news: the firmest launch-window announcement yet for the company's next, still-unnamed game system.

In even more surprising news, expectations that Nintendo would unveil the NX in time for June's Electronic Entertainment Expo were dashed by a statement from acting Nintendo CEO Tatsumi Kimishima, who confirmed in a Wednesday investor phone call (as reported by The Wall Street Journal's Tokyo bureau correspondent Takashi Mochizuki) that the system will not appear at this year's E3. Nintendo will instead focus its E3 attention "on the new Zelda," Mochizuki reports.

this is going to be a depressing fuckin e3 for nintendo huh

dont worry, they still have that killer 3ds of um, uh, oh jeez

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Nintendo announced at their investor call that the only game they'll have playable on the show floor is Zelda, and that the NX (which is apparently launching next March) will not be at the show, so as to keep full focus on Zelda.

Zelda Zelda Zelda.

I think having a big E3 booth for a single game is a new one on me...

EDIT: Beaten by inches!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
but what if i want a new mario

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

the control scheme is a loving dud holy poo poo

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

loving dud holy poo poo

Think that will be the epitaph of the Wii-U

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I hope the next Zelda isn't another Skyward Sword.

My body won't take it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't really understand why Nintendo would dedicate their massive booth to just one game but it doesn't really impact the viewer at home, just the people there who... okay honestly did anyone going to E3 want to play Federation Force or something? People only want to play zelda. I guess it makes sense.

It's gonna make the Treehouse Live stream very awkward though, as the Treehouse dudes will be playing games that the attendees won't get to touch. GO BACK TO YOUR ZELDA STATION, PEON

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

HMS Boromir posted:

Yeah the shitpost OP caught me off guard too, since while I'm always up for HOLD ON TO YOUR loving BALLS IT'S A NEW THING FROM RAZER, last year's E3 was actually pretty good. I doubt lightning is gonna strike twice though so it's probably on point.

That was such an awesome thread. I need to get archives.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dont wanna watch this because it's so embarrasing but is this the guy who was paid to cosplay at the convention by ubisoft and forgot to lie about it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

NX not until March 2017
Zelda not until March 2017
no other games shown off at E3

They should just stop making Wii Us now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nintendo is going to kill E3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

NX not until March 2017
Zelda not until March 2017
no other games shown off at E3

They should just stop making Wii Us now.

they're stopping in december iirc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"When asked why Nintendo wasn’t launching the NX in time for this year’s big holiday season, Kimishima explained that Nintendo wanted to make sure there were games to go along with the NX."

i mean... that's fair

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Why are they taking their time making games to launch with the NX to avoid the Wii U's launch situation they should release the NX right now!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The PS4 launched with no games and it turned out alright.

• Locked thread