Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazr
Jan 28, 2005

kill your friend, lift the curse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

kazr posted:

kill your friend, lift the curse

I've thought about it.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Speed Limit: The car in front of you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Speed Limit: The car in front of you.

this is the god drat truth in so cal AS LONG AS the other lanes are going the same or slower speed

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

maybe it's just where i live but all the bad drivers drive toyota corollas, camry's, prius, honda civics, pilots, nissan leaf, infiniti/mercedes/lexus suv's and stuff like that

out of any car the worst drivers are 350z/370z owners

for some reason it's usually econobox-driving shitlords who go aggressively fast and switch lanes every 5 seconds here. it's like they're compensating for their garbage cars

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Taima posted:

The funny thing about rear end in a top hat drivers: no one even GETS how bad this poo poo will be in 5 years. This is nothing!

The real enemy? Motherfucking electric cars. Holy poo poo, electric cars will literally ruin the roadways of the future.

Imagine a car that allows you to essentially go as fast as you want, as soon as you want. There's so much torque that you immediately begin to perceive almost every other car as being slow and retarded.

This leads to the electric car driver acting like Speed Racer 100% of the time. The only loving reason this hasn't happened yet, is that the good electric cars are currently the domain of elite conservative douchebags who drive slow even with their speed machine.

But 5 or 10 loving years from now, when accidents are up 40% and everyone is acting like a loving butthole peeling out of dead stops and instantly going 60MPH, I want you to think back to this thread and remember where you heard it first.

Source: I have a good electric car and I drive like a reckless orangutan near-constantly.

I can't say electric engines are exactly my purview but I thought the issue with them was basically the exact opposite of this. They were energy efficient but had lower power density so you couldn't get a lot of oomph from them, which is what makes bigger vehicles like garbage trucks or planes impractical with our current technology. I know for sure the latter is true, biofuel research exists as a field predominately because of it's use in the diesel and jet ranges, but I dunno how far technology has come on something lighter like a sedan. My gut tells me we're not going to be seeing electric nascar anytime soon but a quick google tells me there is already "formula e" racing.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

ArbitraryC posted:

I can't say electric engines are exactly my purview but I thought the issue with them was basically the exact opposite of this. They were energy efficient but had lower power density so you couldn't get a lot of oomph from them, which is what makes bigger vehicles like garbage trucks or planes impractical with our current technology. I know for sure the latter is true, biofuel research exists as a field predominately because of it's use in the diesel and jet ranges, but I dunno how far technology has come on something lighter like a sedan. My gut tells me we're not going to be seeing electric nascar anytime soon but a quick google tells me there is already "formula e" racing.

This is a bad post.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My mate damaz has a late model beamer

He cant afford a bmw battery let alone a bwm so noones quite sure how he has it.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
In LA, there is no contest. BMW drivers are the absolute worst. Every once in a while they own themselves in a spectacular way, but mostly they are a menace to everyone else. Apparently they are able to forego driving lessons if they take an alternate course on how to pull a dick move and simultaneously give the finger without looking if they hear a horn honk in protest.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I own several BMWs and I've been a jackass driver in the past but now I'm old and lost the will to live so I drive like an old man so yeah.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

fyodor posted:

Nooner is pretty cool and he has one.

Lol nooner Is a giant human being

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Aeka 2.0 posted:

The problem is you're breaking the law as well. Your behavior causes a symptom of traffic congestion and "wolf packs." Yes its the law, two wrongs don't make a right yadda yadda.

:thejoke:

Anyway I am looking forward to the day that driving is illegal and cars are all self-driving. Even as a passionate car guy the tradeoff is worth it to me. Did you guys know that 30k people own themselves behind the wheel EVERY YEAR in the US?

Plus I want to be able to go on weekend road trips cross-country.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I thought Audi drivers are the new biggest cocksuckers on the road, at least that's what top gear told me.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Impalas are always driven by slow dumbshit assholes in my experience.

Also, if you drive a mini cooper, don't expect me to let you over. gently caress your stupid sissy car.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
VW's are the new civic with a loud exhaust tip

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

This is true, because it attracted people who didn't want to spend the extra few gs to get the Infiniti G35/37, same car, better styling, way more comfortable, better handling. All a Z says is "I really wish Paul Walker was still alive"

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is true, because it attracted people who didn't want to spend the extra few gs to get the Infiniti G35/37, same car, better styling, way more comfortable, better handling. All a Z says is "I really wish Paul Walker was still alive"

If he was a walker ie a pedestrian he wouldn't have died. No pedestrians died.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
My sister is a BMW gal, and the nicest person you'd ever want to meet.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Bimmi posted:

is she hot and american? im looking for an american citizenship

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Hot Karl Marx posted:

is she hot and american? im looking for an american citizenship

I don't think you'll find anyone in Orange County who's in favor of that.

you will find a lot of rear end in a top hat BMWs tho.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bimmi posted:

I don't think you'll find anyone in Orange County who's in favor of that.

you will find a lot of rear end in a top hat BMWs tho.

im white and successful

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Porsche Cayenne drivers usually are jerks/ don't know WTF they're doing

gently caress that car

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Hot Karl Marx posted:

im white and successful

join the club

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Isaac posted:

If he was a walker ie a pedestrian he wouldn't have died. No pedestrians died.

Imagine he had only been paralyzed ala Christopher Reeves. I would still be making ironic Walker jokes

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Also pretty much any car with an unreasonably huge and loud catback exhaust fartcan

Any poo poo you pull in one of those gets a big rear end in a top hat multiplier automatically

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Monkey Fracas posted:

Also pretty much any car with an unreasonably huge and loud catback exhaust fartcan

Any poo poo you pull in one of those gets a big rear end in a top hat multiplier automatically

Yeah, after-market poo poo in general is often a sign. My favorite is seeing [Hoonigan] stickers on station wagons and cross overs or K&N stickers on beater Nissan Frontiers

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
said goodbye to this beauty just a coupla weeks ago:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

That's the car you buy to celebrate getting your first salaried job after graduating from business school.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Slower traffic keep right.
Merge at highway speeds.

Those that don't do these are the real assholes.

This, but also those who:
- don't signal
- use their phones while driving

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

maybe it's just where i live but all the bad drivers drive toyota corollas, camry's, prius, honda civics, pilots, nissan leaf, infiniti/mercedes/lexus suv's and stuff like that

No. WAY. You are telling me that you notice bad drivers in the most sold and used vehicles in the country? That's insane!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got my gopro and my Dad's M3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVrnd9V7sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_Vlgy5dbM

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Remember that time that BMW used Jewish slave labor, stole Jewish owned business, and were complicit in the mass exterminations of the holocaust?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Taima posted:

The funny thing about rear end in a top hat drivers: no one even GETS how bad this poo poo will be in 5 years. This is nothing!

The real enemy? Motherfucking electric cars. Holy poo poo, electric cars will literally ruin the roadways of the future.

Imagine a car that allows you to essentially go as fast as you want, as soon as you want. There's so much torque that you immediately begin to perceive almost every other car as being slow and retarded.

This leads to the electric car driver acting like Speed Racer 100% of the time. The only loving reason this hasn't happened yet, is that the good electric cars are currently the domain of elite conservative douchebags who drive slow even with their speed machine.

But 5 or 10 loving years from now, when accidents are up 40% and everyone is acting like a loving butthole peeling out of dead stops and instantly going 60MPH, I want you to think back to this thread and remember where you heard it first.

Source: I have a good electric car and I drive like a reckless orangutan near-constantly.

Will electric cars burn up because of their batteries in an accident? I am just wondering if we are going to lose out on the action movie car explosion because of the drat electric car.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Demonachizer posted:

Remember that time that BMW used Jewish slave labor, stole Jewish owned business, and were complicit in the mass exterminations of the holocaust?

china produces a lot of products that are make in sweat shops as do many other countries in that area, and also USA has prisons that make a fair amount of products and the inmates make almost nothing in exchange but nothing is really done about any of this. no one cares in the end

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

revmoo posted:

:thejoke:

Anyway I am looking forward to the day that driving is illegal and cars are all self-driving. Even as a passionate car guy the tradeoff is worth it to me. Did you guys know that 30k people own themselves behind the wheel EVERY YEAR in the US?

Plus I want to be able to go on weekend road trips cross-country.

Yeah, but how many of those 30k deserved it for being bad drivers? Good riddance, says I!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

This is a freaking pro click

I watched it like 5 times.

e: lmao the other one is even better. Is this a genre and where can I get more videos of retarded idiot kids ruining their dads cars w/o killing innocents?

Minimalist Program fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 26, 2016

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Maybe the lesson is the BMW drivers who bought the car themselves are good, but the ones whose parents gave them the car are bad.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Minimalist Program posted:

This is a freaking pro click

I watched it like 5 times.

e: lmao the other one is even better. Is this a genre and where can I get more videos of retarded idiot kids ruining their dads cars w/o killing innocents?

Airbag put his hood up for him, lol

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Bimmi posted:

my sister is a BMW gal, and a total oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
Ford Focus drivers are the worst drivers in my neck of the woods. Every time I see someone driving like a jackass 9 times out of 10 they are driving a Ford Focus

• Locked thread