Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Jerusalem posted:

That's why I loved the episode where they guess (I don't think it's ever really specifically confirmed) that the Machine wanted them to kill that congressman. Harold, despite knowing all the horror and misery that leaving him alive will unleash, just refuses to do it. I can't remember if it happens before or after the flashback episode where Harold teaches the Machine chess and explains why he doesn't like the game, but it was just perfectly handled.

Which also makes Greer's final "For a genius you are a lousy chess player, Mr. Finch" taunt all the better, because Greer is playing chess but Finch is playing a far more complicated and difficult game and he loving wins it :hellyeah:

And I would also like to pop in with a requisite "The music selection on this show is unreal-great", linking the music that plays as they're fleeing after Harold's no-kill decision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrulQAZq7Y8

(Pick it up, pick it all up.
And start again.
You've got a second chance,
You could go home.
Escape it all.
It's just irrelevant.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread