Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Remember in 2000 when Daikatana's first patch was like 50MB and the world about lost its mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Man the early 2000s were a dark age for pc games. So many games shipped in a completely buggy unfinishable state. Ultima 9 had a 650mb patch and they had to mail out CDs to customers. Derek Smarts bullshit desktop commander game didn't run for more than a few minutes at a time. Black & White didn't work on 99% of systems and only had about 10 minutes of gameplay.

Black and White was advertised like, Godzilla-tamagotchi, but that idea was lashed haphazardly onto a really poo poo RTS. The worst part about that game possible, was for the Peter Molyneux superfans that were filled up with all his development process lies about the game they thought they'd get.

I still had a good time with it, loading all my Outlook contacts from work into the game and hurling people I knew out to sea, while my monster baby clapped and guffawed with glee and amusement.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

JB50 posted:

Be a Romanian half his age I guess. :shrug:

Nice!

• Locked thread