Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much? (deece amount)
65k-75k
75k-85k
85k-100k
100k+
View Results

• Locked thread
FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Smash it Smash hit posted:

bbut what are your thoughts on spegetti cat?

Ownez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Wow that's really cool...I just keep thinking about it... Makes me wonder, every time

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

subhuman filth posted:

Wow that's really cool...I just keep thinking about it... Makes me wonder, every time

yeah i know i would like to think the cat likes a little sprig of basil with his tomato sauce

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I like the picture but I hope he didn't eat any. He'll get sick. A case of the Monday's all over everything.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

bbut what are your thoughts on spegetti cat?

Bad cat that belongs in the trash can

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Bad cat that belongs in the trash can

you loving take that back

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Enfield posted:

check out this loving cat

"I don't always pile this much on! I'm running a marathon tomorrow!"

That is a great cat.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm making just 68 but I live in rural bumfuk nowhere so I'm guessing it's the city equivalent of 90 or so.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
How do you guys like to abuse interns? I like to have one make copies and then another shred those copies. And then I walk by and ask "How are you enjoying your valuable work experience?" and then I laugh.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

you loving take that back

No

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
73k a year? Are you on food stamps?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

fair enough

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

AKA Pseudonym posted:

How do you guys like to abuse interns? I like to have one make copies and then another shred those copies. And then I walk by and ask "How are you enjoying your valuable work experience?" and then I laugh.

I train students doing their rotations. If they do something really minor wrong I sit them down super seriously and first ask them why they want to do this, is this really their passion etc. Then ask them to please close the top of the pipette box.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Just sitting at home collecting disability for having aspergers. Pretty sweet deal IMO

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
My PM gave me 200 hours to do a 40 hour job so the company has been paying me $40/hr to read SA and open courseware for the last 2 weeks lmao

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Ah good, another barrel to be on the very bottom of. I make 65k because I was on the search for a while and decided to lowball my offer, which turned out to be only 2k less than what BAE offered me.

I write software but I don't even have a CS degree, just math and brain science.

I am frankly baffled that this is above the median household income in America because I don't have money for everything I want. Tell ya what, owning land with a building on it is a big deal because we just keep getting more people and they all have to live somewhere. I hope to do it one day when I move up in my career and make six figures like some of you.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Depends on where you live I guess I'll be buying a house next year most likely.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Enfield posted:

check out this loving cat

This fat cat is hoarding all the wealth and that must be why I make less than my friend says I should

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

In my line of work I get to abuse medical interns from time to time. All I have to say is "Have fun spending the best part of your life slaving away 100 hours a week just to accumulate more interest on your 150K+ student loan debt!"

Private Consulting biz 4 lyfe!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i just got my first raise :unsmith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

op is insecure af

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Your lame thread idea isn't even original btw baby bitch

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I talk to them about my boring job.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just loving lolling, even rofling at all the poors coming through here acting like 65k+ is something to brag about or even be proud of. like their perspective is oh man op must be really insecure about himself to BRAG about making a reasonable wage!!!

really just lmaoing about the tragic state of income inequality in America LOL

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sokrateez posted:

just loving lolling, even rofling at all the poors coming through here acting like 65k+ is something to brag about or even be proud of. like their perspective is oh man op must be really insecure about himself to BRAG about making a reasonable wage!!!

really just lmaoing about the tragic state of income inequality in America LOL

Imagine being this much of a petulant child lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Imagine being this much of a petulant child lol

lol

e: really though sorry about your country :(

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 25, 2016

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Sokrateez posted:

just loving lolling, even rofling

hah. nice. do you have a meter that goes from lol to rofl?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hah. nice. do you have a meter that goes from lol to rofl?

it actually goes all the way through lmao to rotflmao

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
hi goons I make lots of moneys but always want more

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Sokrateez posted:

it actually goes all the way through lmao to rotflmao

ah see i can only afford the hehe to lol package

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

for real though this thread just illustrates, through the medium of poorposting (posting while poor), the plight of the average citizen of an America that has succumbed entirely to greed and corruption. I stand in solidarity with you brothers. I've even donated to some charities that may help you :unsmith:

really though I did it for the tax write off

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i dunno i just make enough to have food, shelter, car and health insurance and use the rest of my free time traveling and living a hedonistic lifestyle :D have fun doing your insurance stuff though that sounds like a blast :D

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I can't say anything bad about my indentured servitude.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

You seem upset

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Godholio posted:

hi goons I make lots of moneys but always want more

One day you will make enough to fill the hole you feel inside. It will happen.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

baby bitch

someone's feeling insecure today

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I feel pretty content with decent amounts of money actually.

Saving plenty, got sick gaming rig, good electronics, sick apartment, awesome gf, great family, good friends, and I'll be buying a house next year.

Money definitely can't guarantee happiness but it gets you most of the way there.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sokrateez posted:

really though I did it for the tax write off

lol if you donate as much as the standard deduction

SurfaceDetail posted:

I feel pretty content with decent amounts of money actually.

Saving plenty, got sick gaming rig, good electronics, sick apartment, awesome gf, great family, good friends, and I'll be buying a house next year.

Money definitely can't guarantee happiness but it gets you most of the way there.

I'd go so far as to say that in most cases money is necessary but not sufficient for happiness

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I make 50k and I have to eat out of dumpsters to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

SurfaceDetail posted:

got sick gaming rig, good electronics, sick apartment, awesome gf, great family, good friends, and I'll be buying a house next year.

when i am compiling things for a good life i usually go with sick gaming rig first too

• Locked thread