Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did you guys know that John Romero, creator of John Romero's Daikatana is making a kickstarter? Its called John Romero's Blackroom

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nightworkgames/blackroom-a-new-fps-from-romero-and-carmack?token=07458251

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

did you guys know that John Romero, creator of John Romero's Daikatana is making a kickstarter? Its called John Romero's Blackroom

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nightworkgames/blackroom-a-new-fps-from-romero-and-carmack?token=07458251

Does he sell fake JPEG guns?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

does it have jpegs I can buy, otherwise I am not interested

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Get ready to be his bitch.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I thought that, since you started this topic, it would be ok to poo poo post a little.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

does it have jpegs I can buy, otherwise I am not interested

Haha, too late. :cool:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Blackroom? Like Doom 3?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i see that john romero has finally fount a way to monetize his love of not making video games

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

OWLS! posted:

Get ready to be his bitch.
I've been ready for years.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

'simulations are dangerous'

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Is this supposed to be some kind of subtle slam at John Carmack?

"VR(A thing that Carmack is doing) has run out of control! Only an old school FPS protagonist(Romero's rise to fame) can save us all!"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Archer666 posted:

Is this supposed to be some kind of subtle slam at John Carmack?

"VR(A thing that Carmack is doing) has run out of control! Only an old school FPS protagonist(Romero's rise to fame) can save us all!"

I'd play it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I hope it's good but I don't like giving money to crowdfunding. If it truly is an FPS Expert that will bring Sucking it Down™ into the new millennium then I will buy it on release.

Also I asked John and he said that Superfly Johnson will not be in the game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Eonwe posted:

i knew

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
they should've called it daikatana 2 to appeal to the nostalgia of having normal numbering on games

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

program666 posted:

they should've called it daikatana 2 to appeal to the nostalgia of having normal numbering on games

Please refer to John Romero's DAIKATANA Zwei: A Hideo Kojima Game by it's full title.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Is he still married to Killcreek?

Edit sadly no :( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Romero

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It was inevitable. It's finally happening. I should be cynical and avoid this, but instead I am compelled to throw money at it.

God help me.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
37 seconds into that trailer and i paused the video to come post in this thread about how loving bad it looks

nice work romero

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

The hack the environment thing sounds like BioShock Infinite or perhaps that Syndicate FPS. It's not really a mechanic I've been yearning to see again.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Also I asked John and he said that Superfly Johnson will not be in the game.

I can't donate without my buddy Superfly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't wait for John Romero's Daikatana Zwei: An Adrian Carmack Game

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

The big bad company is named Hoxar. This is going to be the leetest game ever.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Would be better if they stopped saying Hoxar. Or if Romero cut his hair.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zurreco posted:

Or if Romero cut his hair.
:dogestare:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Romero cutting his hair would be the worst possible outcome for this kickstarter campaign.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He last cut his hair at roughly the same time he married that Russian teenager he met on the internet, just saying.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
ah, of course. the beloved duo john romero and not john carmack

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Duakatana

Diakatwona

Irishkatana

John Romero is out of coke and about to make you his itch

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Some of the stretch goals in the actual Kickstarter are real dumb. Send us a photo w/ you and a shrinkwrapped John Romero game! :)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I want t osee it in action first, but a return to retro-style fast paced shooting appeals to me more than most shooters these days.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
This looks horrible. Godspeed you wacky devs of yesteryear!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I can't wait for my Kickstarter backer early adopter pre order open beta early access gold tier founder EXCLUSIVE.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Which tier do I have to back at to make Randy Pitchford an enemy.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I might have jumped in on this except I can't go anywhere without my buddy, superfly.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

:homebrew:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I can't laugh at any photos of John Carmack because no matter how nerdy he looks his work will always be more impressive. He even has a stereotypical nerd register and it completely disappears because he can talk for thirty-plus minutes and it's all distilled programming / game design genius insight.

Would I back his Kickstarter? Absolutely not.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
But would you kiss him?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

holy poo poo, that guy is the technician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Shumagorath posted:

Would I back his Kickstarter? Absolutely not.

You're a bit late, Carmack already ran a kickstarter for a garage kit toy and then sold it to Facebook for $2 billion.

• Locked thread