Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This Sunday will see the official debut of...
This poll is closed.
Bullet Club 5 2.59%
Balor Club 17 8.81%
Glee Club 32 16.58%
Vince: THERE IS NO CLUB THERE IS ONLY THE ROMAN EMPIRE, CHEER HIM DAMMIT! 139 72.02%
Total: 193 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
I just don't understand the logic of people going to a wrestling show and sitting there in silence. Why bother going at that point? I think most of what made that RAW seem bland was the dead crowd. If the crowd was hot, it would have been an amazing show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Gallows is like a really bad wrestler and I'd prefer if he didn't wrestle at all.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Spermgod posted:

wrestling twitter seemed pretty positive on this show but everyone here seems to think it was bad so now i dont know who to believe
In the grand scheme of Raw assessments it's probably fine but it was done a tremendous disservice by following the previous three and having an incredibly dead crowd.

To wit, it wasn't a good Raw, it wasn't a bad Raw...

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."
It was a good show, never listen to goon opinions on wrestling shows. That includes this one, thanks

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Only let Gallows talk if it's an unscripted segment talking about getting blackout drunk and pants making GBS threads.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I thought gallows and/or anderson were the mouthpiece of the old bullet club? somebody's gonna have to do the talking once Balor rolls in and they kick AJ out. Is there anyone else floating around doing nothing they could inject into that group to be the talker?

maybe they could put Miz in there.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The tag team coming in to cast aspersions of collusion on a very over face (AJ Styles) and to attack a person who is supposed to be a face (Roman) is somehow a face tag team?

Come on guy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spermgod posted:

wrestling twitter seemed pretty positive on this show but everyone here seems to think it was bad so now i dont know who to believe

The crowd was awful and dragged the show down but it was pretty decent. Sheamus and AJ had a good match. The New Day did a thing and then Aiden English sang to them and then Enzo and Cass came out to do their thing and the New Day kept corpsing. There was a really cool Owens/Zayn video package.

More good stuff happened too I'm sure but I was distracted and only half paying attention for most of the show.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 26, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Getting Buried 4 lyfe

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Cavauro posted:

Anderson's good but Gallows has Brock Lesnar voice syndrome and flubbed his 1 line

Gallows has the same issue that guys like Crews has: really charismatic unscripted, but bad at reciting scripts. Hopefully he'll pick it up. Anderson on day one was above the norm so he'll be totally fine.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

sigmachiev posted:

Gallows has the same issue that guys like Crews has: really charismatic unscripted, but bad at reciting scripts. Hopefully he'll pick it up. Anderson on day one was above the norm so he'll be totally fine.

Maybe guys like that shouldn't be reciting scripts, then.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RaceyBucket posted:

Stone Cold Sami Zayn

I thought that too, at first, but then realized was holding up three fingers. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what he was doing. I'd be on board as heck for Sami just walking around giving people the finger.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can just see a second raised finger reflecting light. It's not the bird for sure.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

GenericMartini posted:

Gallows is like a really bad wrestler and I'd prefer if he didn't wrestle at all.

he can be a pretty good brawler imo although he often seems like he doesn't give a poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RagingHematoma posted:

I just don't understand the logic of people going to a wrestling show and sitting there in silence. Why bother going at that point? I think most of what made that RAW seem bland was the dead crowd. If the crowd was hot, it would have been an amazing show.

Well they did wake up to boo the hell out of Roman

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Man wwe is clearly in a holding pattern if we are zaprudering sami zayn pictures.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Random thought, but I still like Sheamus. I'm glad the League of Nations thing is seemingly over since that was a sinking ship. He had a good match with AJ, like he normally does with a pretty good range of opponents. He gets legitimate heel heat from the crowd, and I think he probably deserves some credit for the Reigns title change working for the two weeks or so that it did back in December. He is a fellow ginger and I appreciate a comrade on TV.

Sheamus: he's actually alright.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Spermgod posted:

he can be a pretty good brawler imo although he often seems like he doesn't give a poo poo

Gallows/Sheamus would kick rear end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Landstander posted:

Random thought, but I still like Sheamus. I'm glad the League of Nations thing is seemingly over since that was a sinking ship. He had a good match with AJ, like he normally does with a pretty good range of opponents. He gets legitimate heel heat from the crowd, and I think he probably deserves some credit for the Reigns title change working for the two weeks or so that it did back in December. He is a fellow ginger and I appreciate a comrade on TV.

Sheamus is awesome and I hope people turn around on him despite him not being an indie darling and the "anyone can be stiff" criticism

Sheamus would be Dave Meltzer's favorite wrestler if he was in NJPW and I'm only slightly kidding

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Paulocaust posted:

I know a bunch of people that were Rose Buds, some multiple times. It doesn't mean poo poo.

The worst thing about the Rose Buds being gone is that they had some super hot chicks in there.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The Landstander posted:

The LoN might still be a thing as they mentioned it when Sheamus came out, which is a huge bummer since it's arguably holding all of them back. I don't even necessarily dislike the "foreign heels who are all total bros having a good time heeling together" angle they went with, but they never let them do anything fun with it.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 26, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

The LoN might still be a thing as they mentioned it when Shea,us came out, which is a huge bummer since it's arguably holding all of them back. I don't even necessarily dislike the "foreign heels who are all total bros having a good time heeling together" angle they went with, but they never let them do anything fun with it.

they let wade barrett do fun things with it

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

I like how that poor panther seems startled by all the booing

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

LoN don't even do basic poo poo to add to their image, like bringing a flag to the ring, or cutting promos about the superiority of European culture or something. Theres so much you could do with a group of upper card foreigners banding together to help each other out, but all they've really done is put the belt on Sheamus (which no one wanted and something they could have been much more intelligent about) and then have them lose a lot to New Day. Theres just nothing to them, theres not even a basic idea behind them that explains why they even exist in the first place becasue they don't actually do anything.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

they let wade barrett do fun things with it

Yeah and look where that got him.

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/717157834593427456

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Spermgod posted:

I really enjoyed that one match he had with Undertaker

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

The Landstander posted:

Sheamus/AJ last night was cool even if the crowd wasn't.

He's one of the best heels in the midcard IMO and it was unfortunate that he had to be champion when the entire roster died and they didn't have any ideas.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Gorn Myson posted:

LoN don't even do basic poo poo to add to their image, like bringing a flag to the ring, or cutting promos about the superiority of European culture or something. Theres so much you could do with a group of upper card foreigners banding together to help each other out, but all they've really done is put the belt on Sheamus (which no one wanted and something they could have been much more intelligent about) and then have them lose a lot to New Day. Theres just nothing to them, theres not even a basic idea behind them that explains why they even exist in the first place becasue they don't actually do anything.

they called themselves 'the lads' once

that's about it.

Oh wait they posed like the creation of adam that one time

but I can't find the pic

e: perfect, thanks

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 26, 2016

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

I don't know about art but I know what I like.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sheamus is going to forever have the stigma of ending Bryan's career and the fact that he was another one of those wrestlers that Vince thought could be "The Guy"

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Sheamus is going to forever have the stigma of ending Bryan's career and the fact that he was another one of those wrestlers that Vince thought could be "The Guy"

Don't forget 18 seconds.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Bryan ended Bryan's career.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Sheamus's problem is that he looks stupid.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Narrator posted:

And hopefully everyone just forgets Mania altogether.

This really is for the best.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Hartford, corpus christi, anywhere in kansas, any crowds worse than these 3?

Pittsburgh is traditionally awful.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The LoN will be back, but only once Bray is healthy, and only long enough to lose to the Wyatts at Summerslam or wherever

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Timby posted:

Pittsburgh is traditionally awful.

the wrestling crowds ain't too hot either

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy birthday KANE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There was a draft show where Kane was moved to Smackdown or Raw I forget but when it happened Cole yelled "KaaaaAAAAAAAANE!" and I wish I could find that clip because it's what I think of when someone mentions Kane.

• Locked thread