Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Alien movie was the best?
Alien
Aliens
Alien 2
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection
Alien: Covenant
AVP Movies (both of them)
Prometheus
War of The Worlds
E.T. the extraterrestrial
All these movies sucked.
View Results

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

It's Alien Day Everybody!!!

quote:

20th Century Fox declared Tuesday to be Alien Day for fans of the survival horror film series starring Sigourney Weaver as alien-butt-kicker Ellen Ripley. The day will include special releases of "Alien"-themed merchandise and screenings of the first two films, which came out in 1979 and 1986, through the Alamo Drafthouse movie theater chain.

Who else has unfond memories of this scifi horror classic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

you tricked me, OP. that first image is charming but you tricked me into looking at the rest and now i'm uncomfortable.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Dont try to timg your shame

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
haha ach man I got some choice images for this one but I'm not looking to get a long rear end probation today sorry OP

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ayyy lmao

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

would

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

:siren: :nws: :nws: http://imgur.com/vqSCP74 :nws: :nws: :siren:

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I like alien and aliens and alien 3 an prometheus I haven't watched resurrection yet I will today because it's alien day

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
the first time I saw alien I was a wee lad of 5 and I got so scared that I wouldn't get out of bed to use the bathroom later that night and I pooped in my bed well thx for reading

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Someone has sex with that thing.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I think the Alien films are pretty good. Might be pretty controversial saying that but I like to think I'm something of an iconoclast. :smug:

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

the first time I saw alien I was a wee lad of 5 and I got so scared that I wouldn't get out of bed to use the bathroom later that night and I pooped in my bed well thx for reading

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Un chien andalou posted:

Someone has sex with that thing.

Do you think It has real animal bones?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I like the poster who is a severe Aliens nerd its very outside the strata of your typical fandoms and he always has cool facts and insights about the series and all of it's offshoot media

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
yes that is obviously what my poop looks like whats your point??????

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they're out there man

I seen 'em

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Shaquin posted:

I like the poster who is a severe Aliens nerd its very outside the strata of your typical fandoms and he always has cool facts and insights about the series and all of it's offshoot media

Xenomrph

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

DaveSplitter posted:

Do you think It has real animal bones?

The internet has warped our minds in similar ways

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

they're out there man

I seen 'em
long time no see, friend

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Shaquin posted:

quote:

Ron Shusett (executive producer/ screenwriter): Ridley didn't tell the cast. He said, "They're just going to see it."

Sigourney Weaver (Ripley): They were crafty. They pitched the story so that you feel John Hurt's character would be the only true hero among us.

Veronica Cartwright (Lambert): We read the script. They showed us a mock-up, but they didn't show how it was going to work. They just said, "Its head will move and it's going to have teeth."

Weaver: All it said in the script was, "This thing emerges."

Ridley Scott (director): The reactions were going to be the most difficult thing. If an actor is just acting terrified, you can't get the genuine look of raw, animal fear.

Cartwright: They take John down in the morning to prep him and we're upstairs for four hours. We're sitting upstairs and nobody knows what the hell is going on. Harry Dean [Stanton] is sitting in the hall playing his guitar.

Scott: Prosthetics in those days weren't that good. I figured the best thing to do was to get stuff from a butcher's shop and a fishmonger. On the morning we had them examining the Facehugger; that was clams, oysters, seafood. You had to be ready to shoot because it started to smell pretty quickly. You can't make better stuff than that - it's organic.

Dan O'Bannon (executive producer/screenwriter): Once the creature was rigged up, they stuffed the chest cavity full of organs from the butcher's. Then they ran a couple of big hoses to pump the stage blood. During all this Ridley moved about, tending to the finest detail. I remember easily half an hour was spent with him draping this little piece of beef organ so it would hang out of the creature's mouth.

Scott: We had an artificial chest screwed to the table. John was underneath: it was an illusion his neck was attached to the body.

Cartwright: When they finally take us down, the whole set is in a big plastic bag and everybody is wearing raingear and there are huge buckets around. The formaldehyde smell automatically made you queasy. And John is lying there.

Advertisement

Weaver: Everyone was wearing raincoats - we should have been a little suspicious. And, oh God, the smell. It was just awful.

Shusett: He had four cameras running. Two guys, technicians, were under the table with a compressed blood machine. Nobody said a word, but Sigourney looked really scared. I said, "You're really getting into character." She said, "No, I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty repulsed right now."

Yaphet Kotto (Parker): We were all wondering what the hell was going on. Why is the crew looking at us the way they're looking at us right now? Why are they wearing plastic shields?

Cartwright: They have four cameras going. You see this thing start to come out, so we all get sucked in, we lean forward to check it out. They shout, "Cut!" They cut John's T-shirt a little more because it wasn't going to burst through. Then they said, "Let's start again." We all start leaning forward again and all of a sudden it comes out. I tell you, none of us expected it. It came out and twisted round.

Weaver: All I could think of was John, frankly. I wasn't even thinking that we were making a movie.

Ivor Powell (associate producer): I hadn't expected it to be quite that intense.

Weaver: Look, I worked with Roman Polanski on Death and the Maiden - he would shoot a gun off. You can act, sure, but when you're surprised, that's gold.

Shusett: Veronica Cartwright - when the blood hit her, she passed out. I heard from Yaphet Kotto's wife that after that scene he went to his room and wouldn't talk to anybody.

Kotto: Oh man! It was real, man. We didn't see that coming. We were freaked. The actors were all frightened. And Veronica nutted out.

O'Bannon: This jet of blood, about 3ft long, caught her smack in the kisser.

Shusett: From that moment on, they were really into it. It wasn't a game.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
also even though I pooped the bed I ended up WAY sperging out and I pretended that I was a xenomorph on the playground and I would spit and hiss at people so people tended to give me a wide berth

Also I was the only white kid in my elementary school class so I totally nailed the "fuckin crazy white boy" stereotype

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

also even though I pooped the bed I ended up WAY sperging out and I pretended that I was a xenomorph on the playground and I would spit and hiss at people so people tended to give me a wide berth
just missed the otherkin.png thread by a few days

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
I know if only I had incorporated it as the core of my identity instead of growing out of it. I could be going to furcons, eviscerating and throwing buckets of HCl on my fellow speciesqueers

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

This picture would be really gross if he wasnt shaved

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Every movie franchise should follow the "Alien" series naming convention. The Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Clubs. The Breakfast Club 3. The Breakfast Club: Resurrection. Prometheus. The Breakfast Club: Covenant.

(Non-canon): The Breakfast Club Vs Sixteen Candles.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DaveSplitter posted:

It's Alien Day Everybody!!!

Who else has unfond memories of this scifi horror classic?

lamer corporate holiday than kwanzaa

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

That's pretty rad but the War of the Worlds broadcast had people hiding in tornado shelters.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i hear goodyear just declared it national tire month too

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

oh i just saw on cnn that mcdonalds declared it the century of burgers and fries, isnt that nice

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

phasmid posted:

That's pretty rad but the War of the Worlds broadcast had people hiding in tornado shelters.

Pretty dumb of them if you ask me. Martians were invading, not tornadoes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im declaring all month kill whitey month

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

BeefThief posted:

oh i just saw on cnn that mcdonalds declared it the century of burgers and fries, isnt that nice

Does that mean we get discounted mcdoubles for the next 84 years?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

DaveSplitter posted:

Does that mean we get discounted mcdoubles for the next 84 years?

yes but weve upped the sawdust and rat poo poo percentage to 100 if thats still okay with u

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shaquin posted:

Sup :getin:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
guilted admission time: I like avp 2 an awful lot.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

file photo

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

hey, really gig 'er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drad_Bert