Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

basically honor roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Favonius
Nov 28, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

When did they change the graphics for shield ships getting hit with stuff? I actually have a real shield around my spaceship that absorbs space lasers and missles and stuff AND ITS AWESOME, HOLY poo poo. Does the armor damage effect change as you run a repper, because if so HOLY poo poo THAT IS AWESOME TOO. CCP is a good video game company.

Good ship choice, Golems are dope, and the new shield effects are great.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Unfunny Poster posted:

When DUST on PC comes out, we'll make remake Sperg Team 6 :glomp:.

depends on the price cause we both know that game is gonna get hacked and abused like a motherfucker

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

Deklein (former core of GSF space) fell to the Money Badger Coalition. For a few days all GSF & their allies had left from Deklein, Branch, Tenal, Tribute, Fade, Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind was Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind. However they've been able to take some pockets of space from Pandemic Horde, a new player focused alliance affiliated with Pandemic Legion. Right now Pure Blind is, for the most part, the largest swathe of land GSF owns, which makes sense since the GSF staging system of Saranen borders that region. Vale of the Silent hasn't really been touched by either side because, according to TEST Alliance Please Ignore's leaders, they were focusing on taking out Deklein & the other regions GSF owned.

This is semi-accurate except for the last part -- Vale got rolled pretty hard in the early days of the war, but everyone moved on to Deklein without ever trying to raise ADMs in Vale. So, so soon as everyone moved to Deklein, BASTN took Vale back. (And it'll probably change hands at least twice more.)

One of the good and bad things about Aegis Sov is that there are no "fronts" to speak of -- it's an extremely fluid thing, and when you have a big war like this, the shape of the map resembles an annealing animation more than it does waves of expansion/contraction.

fe: Also, I wouldn't say that allies "left" Tribute -- the better explanation is that CO2 pulled a Sort Dragon and flipped sides to save their own bacon. They shot Goons for a little bit to convince MBC that they were reformed... then, when MBC moved on to Fade/Deklein, CO2 waved bon voyage and mostly stayed in Tribute to feed ratter kills to XIX.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 26, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

depends on the price cause we both know that game is gonna get hacked and abused like a motherfucker

CCP said they're aiming for it to be Free-to-play, and yeah it'll be hacked to poo poo but I still hold out hope that Grief Univeristy & that stuff will be revived.

ullerrm posted:

This is semi-accurate except for the last part -- Vale got rolled pretty hard in the early days of the war, but everyone moved on to Deklein without ever trying to raise ADMs in Vale. So, so soon as everyone moved to Deklein, BASTN took Vale back. (And it'll probably change hands at least twice more.)

One of the good and bad things about Aegis Sov is that there are no "fronts" to speak of -- it's an extremely fluid thing, and when you have a big war like this, the shape of the map resembles an annealing animation more than it does waves of expansion/contraction.

fe: Also, I wouldn't say that allies "left" Tribute -- the better explanation is that CO2 pulled a Sort Dragon and flipped sides to save their own bacon. They shot Goons for a little bit to convince MBC that they were reformed... then, when MBC moved on to Fade/Deklein, CO2 waved bon voyage and mostly stayed in Tribute to feed ratter kills to XIX.

The Vale bit I just repeated from what Vily & TEST leaders said publicly because, honestly, they know more about their own plans than anyone else.

Also fair point on the CO2 thing, I forgot to mention that.

I know people dislike Aegis sov, but I genuinely find it to be more entertaining for a few different reasons. See; FCON taking DARK.'s space out in Immensea etc. while DARK were busy taking FCONs space. That, to me, is kind of funny and neat.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Raise your hand if you insurance scammed a dread today to cash in on that sweet sweet insurance money before the value drops by 2/3rds?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Unfunny Poster posted:

CCP said they're aiming for it to be Free-to-play, and yeah it'll be hacked to poo poo but I still hold out hope that Grief Univeristy & that stuff will be revived.

f2p quality will depend on brazilian uptake

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

goninzo posted:

Raise your hand if you insurance scammed a dread today to cash in on that sweet sweet insurance money before the value drops by 2/3rds?
:gay:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

goninzo posted:

dreads are going down by that much? or just insurance?

carriers will be the new bs after the patch, I'm pumped

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

dreads are going down by that much? or just insurance?

carriers will be the new bs after the patch, I'm pumped

they're gonna be cheaper to build, a lot less components

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So who else bought dozens of carriers and triage modules to convert into FAX machines tomorrow because the FAXes are 300m more in build cost alone?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/QM8Iulf.webm

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

If there's a half good reward in EVE for Dust 514 actions, it'll be terrible.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

So who else bought dozens of carriers and triage modules to convert into FAX machines tomorrow because the FAXes are 300m more in build cost alone?

A few days ago, all the triage mods were bought out in Jita :(

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Kimsemus posted:

I initially stripped the triage module off, but put it back on today for that reason!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Sorry for the questions I need to elitepvp my head around some things from 2011.

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe?

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid?

What is the fighter change to supercarriers I've read about?

Doomsdays are still version 2 and not version 1?

Are falcons still great?

Why are rockets a thing? Do I need to EFT everything all over again from 2011?

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline?

Why is isboxer banned?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

vulvamancer posted:

What is the chill thread? Please don't tell me it's the Eonwe thread, I do not want to encourage him in any way that he should keep posting or he did something positive.

You're an rear end in a top hat and Eonwe rules.

killertunes
Jun 13, 2012

Tastes like chicken!

AWWWWwwww! Their sooo cute!

Everytime you club a baby seal an angel gets its wings.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

jm20 posted:

Sorry for the questions I need to elitepvp my head around some things from 2011.

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe?

Are falcons still great?

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline?

Why is isboxer banned?

Hello friend let me answer your questions:

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe? Nothing is un-probable anymore. Some fits require implants but anything can be probed.

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid? This is soon being nerfed (very soon) and they will be on grid ONLY. You also can no longer boost inside a tower or anything.

What is the fighter change to supercarriers I've read about? They're basically becoming World of Warships carriers. Controlling squadrons remotely of various types and roles.

Doomsdays are still version 2 and not version 1? Neither, doomsdays are single shot, AOE cone, and couple other things now.

Are falcons still great? Not really, ECM is the worst of all the EWAR now bc it's chance based. Damps are the current fotm.

Why are rockets a thing? Do I need to EFT everything all over again from 2011? Rockets should be used virtually never.

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline? Yes.

Why is isboxer banned? Because of people cheesedicking PVE mostly, but this is still a hotly debated topic.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

jm20 posted:

Best description is in this dev post. Search down for "Carriers, Super-Carriers & Fighters". Opinions from test are that it's crazy vs subcaps.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

jm20 posted:

Are falcons still great?

Why is isboxer banned?

https://www.themittani.com/features/eve-online-2016-welcome-back I and others wrote this to address some of these.

But answers: Sorta, yes. System wide. complicated, see dev blog. multiple styles of dooms days. Falcons are fine but nerfed. Yes, EFT over. Inties that warp under 2s are uncatchable other than smart bombs. isboxer lead to botting.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

What

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

jm20 posted:

No ships are unprobable any more though some can be hard to find.

jm20 posted:

Still system wide yes but no longer usable inside POS shields. CCP wants to make them on grid soon.

jm20 posted:

Are falcons still great?

As a ship you dual box with your solo pvp sure. In fleets, not so much.

jm20 posted:

Correct. The only thing that can catch a travel fit interceptor is a smartbombing battleship. Though combat fit Interceptors can be caught by instant-locker ships.

jm20 posted:

Why is isboxer banned?

Because you would have one guy multibox 30 bombers and instantly wipe out whole fleets on his own and CCP became tired of hearing about it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

well he's right :clint:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know people dislike Aegis sov, but I genuinely find it to be more entertaining for a few different reasons. See; FCON taking DARK.'s space out in Immensea etc. while DARK were busy taking FCONs space. That, to me, is kind of funny and neat.

Aegis Sov is entertaining as long as you don't hold it / don't want to hold it. Like I said in the last thread, while I'm having fun now, I'm concerned about what the map is going to look like 1-2 years from now. Namely, I see this as the inevitable endpoint of Aegis mechanics, barring a significant shift in balance:

Most major alliances will keep their primary staging in a non-conquerable lowsec station on the border of a shallow null region, they keep the adjacent constellations of shallow null as ratting and industry space. i.e. Goons keep PB/Fade for ratting but stage in Saranen. Whoever wants to keep Delve/Querious stages in Sakht. Whoever wants to keep Tribute, stages in Taisy. Whoever wants to keep Vale, stages in Obe. Whoever wants to keep Fountain, stages in Hophib. And so on.

It's the best of both worlds, honestly -- by staying in lowsec, you trivialize logistics and maximize mobility in a Phoebe environment, and as a bonus, your staging station can't be caged and flipped. At the same time, you have a handful of safe constellations in nullsec for ratting/industry, and if someone's really intent on burning those fields, you let them burn and then replant when the attackers move on. (Or just swap spots with the attackers, the way that FCON and DARK have essentially swapped places on the map over the course of the last two weeks.)

I expect the deep null regions -- Branch, Oasa, Omist, etc -- to basically either A) stay russian, or B) go nearly fallow. They'll always have a name on it, certainly, but it'll never be anything more than quiet ratting space that gets dropped like a gecko's tail at the first sign of conflict.

On a lighter note, :ccp: ffs:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6457975#post6457975

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

xilni posted:

If there's a half good reward in EVE for Dust 514 actions, it'll be terrible.

what i read stated that initially they just want a functioning fps. but eve side things could happen afterwards so yeah, there will be oodles of cheats and memory hacks

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

It's more the whole reporting yourself. It confused me.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he obviously realized his mistake and felt bad so he wanted to inform you

obviously

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he obviously realized his mistake and felt bad so he wanted to inform you

obviously

I think today I will let this mistake pass. I am feeling happy.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53577400/

??

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

I think today I will let this mistake pass. I am feeling happy.

the mod that is too nice for the eve monsters :swoon:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sacrificial blam.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

he said he was insurance frauding

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Globby is a jokester.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

cravius posted:

He doesn't do anything either. (Except puppetmaster every single thing ~the enemy~ does)

Macavity the Mystery Poster.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Aegis Sov is entertaining as long as you don't hold it / don't want to hold it. Like I said in the last thread, while I'm having fun now, I'm concerned about what the map is going to look like 1-2 years from now. Namely, I see this as the inevitable endpoint of Aegis mechanics, barring a significant shift in balance:

Most major alliances will keep their primary staging in a non-conquerable lowsec station on the border of a shallow null region, they keep the adjacent constellations of shallow null as ratting and industry space. i.e. Goons keep PB/Fade for ratting but stage in Saranen. Whoever wants to keep Delve/Querious stages in Sakht. Whoever wants to keep Tribute, stages in Taisy. Whoever wants to keep Vale, stages in Obe. Whoever wants to keep Fountain, stages in Hophib. And so on.

It's the best of both worlds, honestly -- by staying in lowsec, you trivialize logistics and maximize mobility in a Phoebe environment, and as a bonus, your staging station can't be caged and flipped. At the same time, you have a handful of safe constellations in nullsec for ratting/industry, and if someone's really intent on burning those fields, you let them burn and then replant when the attackers move on. (Or just swap spots with the attackers, the way that FCON and DARK have essentially swapped places on the map over the course of the last two weeks.)

I expect the deep null regions -- Branch, Oasa, Omist, etc -- to basically either A) stay russian, or B) go nearly fallow. They'll always have a name on it, certainly, but it'll never be anything more than quiet ratting space that gets dropped like a gecko's tail at the first sign of conflict.

On a lighter note, :ccp: ffs:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6457975#post6457975

I have a bunch of thoughts on Aegis sov and how the mechanics can be good, but I'm also really not in the mood to do a write up explaining why my bad ideas seems good.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

jm20 posted:

Are falcons still great?

Why is isboxer banned?

In order:

* Nope, there is no such thing as unprobable anymore. You can still make yourself harder to find with ECCM, but there's now diminishing returns on the sensor / sig radius ratio, and the upper cap is set such that any ship can be probed out as long as the prober has T2 probing modules or Virtue implants. (BTW, there are now mid-slot modules that boost probe strength / reduce probe deviation / reduce cycle time, so getting to that "I can find you" threshold is much easier than it used to be.)

* Probing has gotten a lot nicer. You can save and load probe configurations, and the UI is cleaned up a bit. Go play with it.

* Gang links are still system-wide, and still OP. CCP claims that they don't like this and plan to remove offgrid boosting Soon(TM), but it's not done yet. In fact, despite not liking this, CCP recently added even more ships capable of carrying links, because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's jacking.

* As of tomorrow's patch, the interface for fighters (for both carriers and supers) is changing significantly. Fighter squadrons are now their own special thing, instead of just being a big fat slow drone, and you now move entire squadrons at a time around the grid using a Homeworld-like interface, where they engage things in range. There are multiple types of fighters -- "air superiority" fighters for anti-fighter / anti-frigate, "light fighters" for anti-cruiser, normal fighters for bigger ships, support fighters that can point/web/neut, and so on.

* As of today, yep, Doomsdays are still single-target. Starting tomorrow, there will be other types of DDs with a variety of effects -- single-target hits, cones of effect, swords that swish through an arc in space, and other such goodies.

* Falcons (and ECM in general) are decent, but not as universally awesome as they used to be. They added skills to the game that boost your base sensor strength, and they recently eliminated ECCM modules in favor of having a sensor-strength script for sebos. ECM is about to get slightly better now that supercaps are losing their general ewar invulnerability.

* Rockets are definitely a thing. In general, weapons are pretty well balanced these days, except for medium autocannons which are still laughable garbage.

* Inties are, indeed, immune to bubbles now. They just fly through bubbles like they weren't there, and ignore drag bubbles. A few other ships have this functionality as well.

* ISBoxer was banned for a number of reasons, mostly balance reasons. It was getting too easy to gently caress up a fleet fight with 30 ISBoxed stealth bombers or 8 ISBoxed pipebombing battleships, or gently caress up an ice market using 30 ISBoxed barges, or rapidly complete incursions using 20 ISBoxed bearboats.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 26, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Links are dumb. Just delete them all.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Kismeteer how is the corp search going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will say, personally, I think most alliances intrested in living in and holding their sove are better off holding 2-4 constellations rather than say a region or two. To me, that's the most sensible thing to do with the Aegis sov mechanics. See: Horde holding 2 constellations in Querious (I don't really cound the stuff up north as that's not really space that was intended to be lived in long term).

For larger alliances (TEST, GSF, etc.) maybe a region each makes sense, maybe more, but again :effort: in writing something up versus playing Enter The Gungeon at the moment. I choose Gungeon.

• Locked thread