Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

When this happened before we got some free SP so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

There are then four other threads for four different goon groups in Eve who are all mostly at odds with one another. Except Groon. Groon are nice and good.

I'll just say that ISRAD has no ill will to groon or tenbux or really goonwaffe other than the fact we are 'fighting' them.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

did penif get paid for the alliance or did he do it as a big troll for free

I will never reveal is ISRAD secret

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Xolve posted:

Pretty much.

I was absolutely not woken up at 4 am the other day by what I thought was a Shadoo rage ping for a tackled super but instead some newbean pinging for thrashers.

I just turned the sound off for #horde?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Tai posted:

I don't need no injectors with my 160M SP yo

Don't SP shame.

Also, 164.5m :smuggo:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

evilweasel posted:

well, it'll only take you 25 skill injectors to get to the amount of sp I have, that's not too bad

Yea the year break from 2010-2013 put me behind a bit but I'm still running out of things to train other than cap ships to 5. SP is interesting now because a lot of older players have extracted unused skills for money.

Considering extracting jump fuel conservation 5 from 3 characters.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Don't bother doing l4 missions ratting makes a lot more money with less effort

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

darth cookie posted:

We probably did and that's probably a contributing factor to why they all got rolled and died. What's your point?

MBC may nuke all of goonswarm sov, and you might even sit around the north in your supers for a while waiting for us to creep back in. Eventually though, you'll leave for greener pastures just like every other time the fights run dry or otherwise not to your liking. The MBC will declare victory and gently caress off eventually. What a lot of people on both sides don't seem to get is that when that happens, that's not the war over, that's the bell ringing on round 1.

You so sure about that?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey peeps, can someone give a brother a quick recommendation for a chill NPC corp to run missions for? I have about 70 million SP in basically every frigate/destroyer/cruiser/command destroyer/hac hull and missile/gun/drone weapon system and feel like spending some time settling down in/near some mission hub anyplace.

I don't even have an idea how this works anymore, I need Connections and something else trained to IV and then run a couple of level 2s and 3s and find a place that doesn't send me to lowsec? And what ship choice is a good idea to breeze through those missions until you have access to level 4s?

This feels so :shobon:

A machariel works well for level 4s. Your tank for kill missions is your DPS.

As far as Corp goes use the agent browser and look for security agents that 1) preferably have more than 1 level 4 agent in a station
2) is a lower sec status - like a .5-.7 (you'll get more lp then a .8)

Don't rice out your mission ship. T2 works fine. Maybe faction the gyros.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I sortakinda did mention that my SP are in everything below battleships and -mods (with the exception of perfect large hybrid skills because Talos-ratting used to be a thing in 1962) and I'd assume a home station in a 0.5 system would end up sending me to lowsec for missions. ;)

I just figured there are some insider hints for some good mission hub or npc corp choices.

You can do a level 4 mission Ishtar but your drones are going to die. Minmatar bs 4 gal bs 3 and large project 3 will be enough while you train better skills for a Mach.

A you could try a nighthawk??

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Salastil please remember Corp motd.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Logo chat: I dualboxed logi once back one of the many times pl fought rusrus.

Both my guardians got dd'd. This was when targeted dds could hit subcaps. They couldnt break our reps to they brought in some Titans to dd logi.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

xtothez posted:

In the meantime PL have become best buds with the core of the anti-Goons brigade; EVOL, RKK, Finfleet, ISRAD

Yea, no, ISRAD isn't actually anti goon, we just like to play eve our way, and it turned out DJ didn't like that back in the day. Yea we like shooting goons, just like we like to shoot anyone else we shoot. If anyone thinks we're frothing at the mouth to kill the g00nies they are highly misinformed.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

For some reason TISHU comes across to me as the biggest douches in the entire MBC - worse than TEST, worse than the biggest GSF haters in EO, worse than NC.

It's probably the folks in .DIX.

TISHU is pretty annoying but EO doesn't specifically hate GSF.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Probing is so easy now. Loved throwing out probes, launched one at a time, resizing them individually and moving them individually. Was great fun

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I'll say that after not playing for 4-5 years it was a bit of a culture shock coming back to a PL that didn't care much about killboards

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Yea if you die because you were an idiot or got other people killed by being an idiot.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

frozenpussy posted:

I'm actually willing to believe PL has undergone enough of a culture shift that losses don't matter as long as fun was had.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004211/201606051900/

I was on this fleet and it was a ton of fun. We got the aeon into 90% structure or so but had to bail because of the cerb fleet and they brought in 4 more fax.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

frozenpussy posted:

mind asking the one-slot-tank Panther pilot what he was thinking when he decided to plink an aeon amidst a support gang

I have no idea who the blops guy was or why he did that. Was just a tag along I guess.

On that op we also fragged a carrier in OSW-

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Turns out Salastil isn't alliance leadership and wildly speculates about everything.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If you hear anything from anyone high chance it's wild speculation because the people that make shadowy decisions know better than to say anything to the leaky as gently caress pl line member

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

That's an awesome change and it's about time. I hope it leads to increased booster usage.

Do boosters show up on pod kms?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

A good start. Now if they could only balance boosters so a majority of them weren't completely undermined by crippling side effects.

That's the point and also train dug skills?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Yesterday I got a ping to undock and shoot a sieged dread on the undock.

I did that and then went back to playing wolfenstein new world order.

That's my eve story of the week.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

evilweasel posted:

we will fight to the last and keep goons out of deklein forev...pl leaving, you say, why, look at the time, i've got to be in geminate by nightfall, toodeloo

Yo when is pl leaving I gotta pack my bags

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Awesome ty.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

No its a get out while critical mass dwindles before somebody gets caught doing something dumb

Before?

Landsknecht posted:

thanks for keeping me up to date so i don't have to check pl.pl, much appreciated

Yea pl.pl uses too much data to browse on my phone. Not very mobile friendly.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

I for one am sad about the move from 93PI to Saranen because of the lack of supercapital ratting opportunities; hopefully our new forever home will allow me to PVE it up

I've already gotten max sp from that on my Titan since it was released.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

All this wormhole chat makes me want to check out wormhole play. The most I ever did was some c5 making.

At one point we were running a site and since nerds dropped a triage archon on us. I bright in a rev and melted him because.....

The hole had nerfs to local reps or something

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I got a Titan aridia'd after being away from the game when the jump changes came in (Amamake to delve) and the only thing that happened was I lost my Titan and there is a single person on pl.pl that is obsessed about it to this day (over a year later)

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Just the one guy

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For people involved in the community and doing things, people will know they are active if they don't have kms.

For the introverted guy that doesn't really talk to anyone? Killboards can be important.

Nobody that's active is going to get purged. Even people that aren't active wont get purged if you say 'hay I'm going afk for a bit'

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

What are the fighter changes?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have one cup of tea and 2 litres of water a day

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I'm going to make a YouTuber post and say PL has its missionaccomplished.jpg moment and is under no obligation to reblue anyone

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

700b for the Titan :a2m:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Freakus posted:

Is there a good way to view the skills of your pilots for a disabled eve account? I've been looking at getting back in a more casual fashion, but can't seem to find a good way to figure out which account I might want to re-enable.

This works for at a minimum isk and skills. Not sure if it shows assets.

Source: I did this with an unsubbed account

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

frozenpussy is your uncle a gambling addict or something? Like holy poo poo yea some people are going to make poor life choices with money, but it's not your place to tell others how to live their journey though this gay earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Played some Eve today. Went on a fleet fight, got some kill mails. P good Eve day.

Also I ran out of things to train on my main so I'm training marauders 5. Last subcap spaceship command skill to train to 5 left. Other than t3 cruisers because that is a waste

• Locked thread