Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
ah the SA eve thread -- where the high opinions of departed friends go to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Despera posted:

Angelique was it really necessary to send me a screen shot on an error message of you trying to kick me from your Corp and a copy paste?

Hi Despera -- you still liking that alcoholica corp or whatever? Can you get them to take that cringy bullshit about drinking kool-aid out of your in-game title? I know it's silly but I have that quote of yours in my bio you see and I attributed you and so people click your name and see your title and think oh hey look this person is in a reddit corp.

If a single goon leaves for whatever reason there is this groupthink that this is somehow some cultural victory. No, sorry, still just a video game guys! :sun:

Hey Angelique I told you the grass isn't always greener on the other side and I really did mean that. Good luck to you and all but holy poo poo you are just napalming bridges on your way out and that's pants.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Yeah I just went and installed it - so far so good in that it seems exactly like the old evemon, but you can actually go and download it which is nice -- the battleclinic page was just blank for a long time. God what an awful awful site battleclinic was. Not sad to see that go one bit.

Much like I come to (quietly) lurk on this forum to have a laugh, I play the dumb spaceship game to have a laugh. I am terrible but I don't care because it's hilarious watching me fail through space and makes me laugh. I post on our forums badly because I've created a bit of a persona around being a (somewhat) serendipitously bad poster and it makes me laugh. I'm quite a big fan of laughter you see and when this stuff stops getting funny and starts acting like work or serious in any way I just get turned off. I'm watching all these people go guckfoons in their own ways and I'm like hey that's... whatever. If you're doing it for a laugh then good on ya but if you're doing it because you're taking this bullshit seriously for a single second then you need to either re-evaluate your life or just get a super and join PL for that elite pvp puppetmastery experience.

Zephyrine you know I've got nothing but love for you but you should consider reimbursing Tiberious for the ISK he had to pay out to people who lost their poo poo due to Rhea Bloodspike's courierwoxing. Since according to his pubbie.com post you talking out of school in this very thread was a motivation for his actions. Also, it's only like 4.5B and it would go a long way towards at least being nice to people you said were your friends. On the other hand, it could be argued that Rhea's actions where solely to curry favor within his new alliance as although he was a pretty chill fellow, I don't think he ever ponied up :10bux:

His loss. Still it would be cool if you did that. And guess what? I'm still your friend even if you don't because people not being friends anymore over these pixels is taking the poo poo too seriously. It only seems right since you came back to space dad for the ISK you put in for the wailing wall when you left.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

I'll try to keep that in mind.

Please do try. The way I see it Tiberious seems like a nice guy but may have been a little slow on the reaction there since it ostensibly happened during shift change and he was getting up to speed. Since Tiberious was your hand-picked successor, and one could argue that Rhea did what he did because of your posting here (as he intimated), you actually sort of owe it to ITL to make some amends there. You can grr goons all you want but ITL is a bit of a different story with you I think, considering you built it. I would hope that you would care about it enough to make a token gesture if for no other reason than to show Tiberious some support. Or are you really taking all of this seriously and don't want to know any of us anymore? I hope not, but I'll be on the lookout for a non-ironic reddit account just in case. If you don't realize that last line was a joke, you are already lost my friend.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
one of the jabs PL makes at us is that we have to collateralize contracts at all. It's easy to say that in an alliance with a couple hundred active dudes. It would be a nice thing to do for Tiberious. I don't care about the people who lost their stuff but he paid out so if it were me I would have at least thrown in on that in a sort of "oops my bad" kind of thing. Like anything else in this game it's whatever though.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

I sort of already paid a price in that affair. Since my name was mentioned to many times in Rheas thread. A lot of people assumed that it was my thread. So the attitude became "oh well you stole a lot of stuff from Goons so that's cool I guess but I'm not letting you near any of my stuff"

Ouch. That sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think that'll last though and if you were to start something up down the road a bit it should work out fine. I do understand the delay this perception would cause is costly though.

Zephyrine posted:

The PL services have collateral on everything. "One of the jabs PL makes" =/= "this guy on PL with a reddit flair said"

Hey remember that evemail I sent you when you left -- the first really long one?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Vando posted:

It's almost as if Karmafleet and PH are both good options for people who want to have fun playing this dumb game with slightly different flavourings and trying to claim 'our ragtag band of merry reddit idiots is better than yours' is really loving dumb.

It goes back to the whole taking this all too seriously thing. Who cares really? In the 80's, Roger Waters tried to sue David Gilmour to keep him and the rest of the band from performing under the name Pink Floyd. Roger lost and we got a couple goddamned awful "Pink Floyd" albums shoved at us over the next decade but it doesn't really matter - a ton of people bought those albums and in the end everyone all got really old and hugged it out on stage.

I'd like to see the hugging it out and goonification but I'm not going to poo poo on DJ's corp or people going there. Goons are goons to me. Roger's solo work was good more than it was bad, and anything is better than the elite pvp mindset. I can like PH for being cute newbies and literally taking anyone at all, dying horribly and laughing it off while I can simultaneously not endorse the parent PL culture and mindset. Do I think karmafleet does the NPE stuff a bit better? Sure but I'm also biased because karmafleet are a big part of GSF so I generally root for them.

In the end it's all about where you are comfortable playing and having the most fun. I do happen to think that the aforementioned new player experience plays a big part in whether or not you're able to retain the people that you bring in. This is why I will be interested to watch the trajectory of PH to see what it looks like in another year. I just don't think they'll have a lot of the same players around for various reasons. I could be wrong -- we'll see and that's why it interests me from a sociological standpoint.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

LemonDrizzle posted:

If it bothers you that much, why not just sell the flagged jf/cyno alts and buy clean ones?

This makes the most sense if it's really that big of a deal. Characters are pretty much fungible since brain goo was introduced and for a JF alt you'll always get 80% of the SP back. Call the rest you have to make up the cost of doing business, the cost of bitching so much about your former alliance in the very forum they originate from, or a combination or both as it suits you to get over this and just move on. Zeph is it your job now to just bash goons every chance you get? I don't understand all of this because I always thought you were a nice person and chill, but yet here you are. It's like listening to my ex-wife talk about me. We got divorced and suddenly she's running around telling all of my friends that I did :911:

Sure I did it, but that doesn't mean she has to go run and tell everyone that I did. Some things are best left unsaid, and every individual and group has its secrets or moments that maybe weren't their finest hour. I'm so bored of people leaving and then running their mouths about how horrible it was for so long. If it was horrible for a long time, why did you stay for so long? Why bother getting LAWN and FCON evacuated -- or did you do that to build up your own space heroine narrative? That's fine too, but you can't have it both ways. You're coming in here acting like a battered spouse and I just don't understand why. Yes, you had some folks that didn't like you and some of them are posting in this thread. By and large though you were extremely highly regarded and well liked. Why you would piss up a reputation of general integrity in order to prattle on about how persecuted you were/are makes no sense at all.

I may have had disagreements with vyst but I will say at least he peaced out without making fallout. I think endie handled it the right way as well frankly. Others have been a real disappointment. I have more respect for someone who pulls a big ticket awox than I do for those engaging in all this kiss-and-tell nonsense on both here and reddit. If you're not going to do a good awox, then just quietly leave. I know that when I interview someone for a position in the real world and they start railing in on their former employer that is an automatic no from me when it's decision time on the candidate.

P.S. If you fine folks have been enjoying my attempt at goodposting in this thread, you can show your appreciation by sending kilgarth some ISK. :sidvicious:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Morris posted:

Why you think nobody else in the game tries to identify/track their enemies' neutral alts is baffling.

The recent contact changes were a total nerf to this sadly, but it was also a nerf to "so and so just logged their super pilots on" which is nice. Fair trade I suppose.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Well I've decided a few things from the past few days of reading this thread:

1. Congrats Vyst. Seriously. I know ~in character~ I have joked about not caring about being fat but harly and yourself are inspirational to me as I actually am working to drop some weight - at my age the extra 160 lbs or so I'm carrying around isn't doing me any favors (ask my knees and ankles about it.) To see the progress you've made in the time you did to the extent that you needed skin reduction surgery is great, man. I have been considering the lap-band personally. We'll see how things turn out for me, but I am truly happy for your progress.

2. No one cares about the RGSU astrahus - I know it's a nice propaganda piece that it got popped but I have a hard time thinking weas or anyone else in-the-know said that was a good idea. In fact I think finance's official opinion on this when the subject came up before the patch was "sure go ahead and put up whatever you'd like but everyone on the blue list gets to dock there don't expect us to rage form to save it." See? I do more than just shitpost in our forums. Wake me up when a .FART or GEWNS citadel gets anchored and then you'll see something happen if someone tries to pop it.

3. VideoGames is the most :shobon: newbie I have ever seen. To the extent that it makes me want to leave my friends alliancemates and go mine with him. Not because I like mining or even know how, but because I like him more than almost anyone else who has been posting in this thread. And I mean... I gank miners. A lot of them. Goddamn if he isn't adorable though.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Yeah it's a pretty game. Sometimes it's hard to stop and remember that because the people playing it can be so mind-bogglingly terrible.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I saw a waffe astrahus last night in a system I wouldn't expect to - one of my occasional cyno midpoints. I remember thinking "Huh. Well guess I'm an idiot then."

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vandalism posted:

Anyone have advice for an armor tanked ishtar doing level 4 missions? I don't think I have good enough shield tank skills. Is it viable? Can use t2 sentries and have decent drone and armor skills.

I imagine it would be viable - folks ran shield tanked ishtars to do mazes all the time, which are on par with L4s at least. You have to tank to them and you may need to be a bit blitzy though. I always preferred my tengu for the maze because it wasn't too blingy and could tank the complex forever. Once I got bored and had enough missiles so I popped every rat in the site just out of boredom. Of course this was back before goons went from suck to blow and we lost all our space to reddit. :laffo:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

WHERES MY MOUNTAIN DEW I KEEP IT IN THE MICROWAVE

"it's Mountain Lightning, Francis"
"I CAN'T AFFORD MOUNTAIN DEW! The economy is rough right now... OBAMA!"

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Don't you see they're different because they are totally not elite pvp

Except the times that they are.

Something something Animal Farm

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

Interceptors can be a lot of fun when hunting other classes of ships or acting as tackle. But when you're just warping after other Interceptors it becomes tedious.

Like.... We've been warping after the same fleet for 45 minutes now but any minute now we will catch them.

You do realize that there were times I would cruise around with a friend for literally hours hunting some dude in lowsec just for a single kill? Sometimes it's not the destination, my friend, but the journey. If you're over-focusing on the destination, perhaps you chose the wrong one?

Booley posted:

We bought it? With what money? I'm pretty confident we didn't buy anything. I woke up one morning to people yelling at me to make our station dockable because they took it by accident the night before.

That one time Ben Booley showed up in the EVE thread with a ponytar and I decided well that's my cue to probably not post here anymore.

vyst posted:

I've had better days

I hope you feel better soon - that recovery has to suck and I hope they gave you something for the pain. If not, consult your friendly local trap house and they will be happy to assist in your recovery.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Can I join Stimulus? Everyone's jumping off the goon bandwagon anyway and Rote seems like a scrappy up-and-comer.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

ullerrm posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child. I can't wait to see your reaction to Gorion.

(FYI, some guy from TFR gave everyone in here ponytars once. And then another guy gave everyone in here duck avatars. Vyst alone has had 50+ avatar changes. Between the avatars and the Redditors spending money to post here, the Eve threads have probably paid for at least one year of college for Lowtax's kids.)

Hi Flanders I was kidding. Please check your privilege and don't call me a summer child ever again because it hurts my feelings and bullying -- even when said over the internet -- can hurt. :boehner:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
"Passing around pictures of peoples' families and laughing at them."

hosed up if true.

No really that's kind of hosed up if it's true.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
It's tough coming in late because you want read something like that and go "Wow he's really angry" and "Wow he really doesn't like certain people very much" and it's hilarious in the same way all sperg is hilarious and always has been. Then he goes on talking about bi-polar disorder and drinking too much and stuff like that and it gets to be a bit too relatable to me. We're still talking about a video game here, right?

That's really all I want to talk about anyway. When people start talking all this mess I feel like... don't make information about yourself available to people in the game if you don't want it used against you, but also if a little information does get out there it's not a huge deal and no one actually cares that much (or at least they shouldn't.)

It's easy for me to say these things as just some scrub who will never seek or hold any ~spacepower~ I suppose. It doesn't matter what anyone finds out about me in real life because it'll never be worth exploiting. As a newer goon who is fascinated with the history of it all, I'm of course interested in former leadership who have left the alliance. I'd love to chat with the guy and figure out what the hell the real story is there and whether this is genuine or not. I know that'll never happen short of me joining up with him and why would I want to leave when I'm having a good time where I'm at you know? Ah well.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Khablam posted:

Darius has now written several thousand words which could be better shortened to 'upvote if you think I was the better ceo'

:master:

I've thought about this for a few minutes and decided that he's full of poo poo. One of his biggest bitches in the forums before he flipped out and got banned was about letting "oustiders" in (a.k.a karmafleet.) Now it's Xenuria? Assholes like DHD are on reddit telling me that "it's not about the forum it's about the culture" or some poo poo and meanwhile his alliance is called GoonSwarm. Does he ask for your SA name if you try to join? If so, why bother?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
GeneralDisturbed offers his personal collection of goon history that would be great to give to... goons... to reddit :negative:

http://imgur.com/Q0MZWBd

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

It would be more useful if you actually linked the post so someone could maybe you know, download the things?

The post was linked earlier in this very thread a couple of pages back.

he's talking to me there dude, and afaik he's linked poo poo in jabber not on reddit

well that settles that then. :v:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

cravius posted:

you're the worst j4g.

Not a j4g. You don't know me so don't presume to. I'll accept bad poster. I'll accept being told to shut the gently caress up. Don't call me a j4g.

That's my cue. See you gsf dudes later back to lurking.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Whoa now - don't go givin' yourself too much credit there, young buck. I'm sure we could roll around for a few rounds of some sort of ridiculous shitpost MMA thing but I'm not trying to make this thread worse by my presense, as opposed to my typical modus operandi.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Syndic Thrass posted:

Hey you said you'd accept it I'm just being edgy mane

It's almost as if I were used to it or something. ;)

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Some people just hate the loving patriots I guess :iiam:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
gee whiz clavius (vagiclus whatever) you sure showed me by hitting me with that bad avatar. Do you like this one better? I saw it somewhere and thought it would be a funny user picture.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Sorry - cravius. Clavicus. Whatever. My bad, homie -- I'm a lowly j4g pubbie after all so I'm not great with names on the cool kids forum. Except there is that little detail of how I J'd after I G'd, and there is a precedent for registering different SA accounts over the years, but let's not get caught up in the small stuff. I'm really not interested in having a dick measuring contest about who is the gooniest goon. That's stupid and you calling people who care about their alliance "j4g's" is really loving divisive and short-sighted given the climate.

Dumbass.

Oh and there was that whole trying to play it straight in this thread, something I very rarely attempt to do because we're talking about a video game. Yeah that's out too - I'm done with trying to have reasonable discourse among adults here because it's not working since the stupidity seems to have taken over and this thread is not indicative of the high level of posting you usually see on SA - it's an outlier of a a few good posters (Flanders helping people with fits, etc.) So I guess I'm just gonna have to bring Vatomania to the loving SA thread now in order to make it even remotely entertaining and not a giant boring circlejerk.

You brought this on yourselves.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

cravius got bad avatared at the same time you did though

We avatared each other, and I really do think he is a poo poo-tier no content poster.

I probably would have done something sooner but I was busy pushing wraps through the hood last night and it was frustrating me because some nerd kept popping my saranen cyno before I could get it in the spot I like. Finally char is like "just light when you undock" so I did that and I only bumped off the station with a dozen reds on grid once after taking his astute advice :v:

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 12, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

No but don't you see, it was totally cravius who did it to that dumb lovely poster because __________________.

Now that you mention it, you're a loving moron too. Now that I have given up any semblance of trying not to be mean it's time to call it like I see it, and I see it as you needing to work on the comedy part of the comedy forum. Your posting is weak as gently caress. So do work on that a little.

A lot. Work on it a lot actually.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
No I'm not Kilgarth, I said thank kilgarth for my attempting to goodpost here by sending him some ISK.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Syndic Thrass posted:

YOU GUYS DUN DID IT NOW OMG PACO VATO IS BREAKING OUT THE OWN HAMMER HES GOING TO gently caress YOU ALL UP WITH HIGH QUALITY POSTING

only the highest quality of course, as usual.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

unperson

Hey that's nice. I get to be an unperson AND "worse than xenuria" as well. at any rate none of this is fun anymore so adieu -- I'm going to go post on SAS or AI or something and just put the game out of my mind. Following my own advice, I'll do so quietly. Be easy, goonfriends.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

What the gently caress kind of drugs are you on?

Why :catdrugs: of course. TCC is one of my favorite forums here.

Dalael posted:

Seriously Paco, when is your reddit AMA?

Obviously I won't be doing a reddit AMA though I did sort of cut loose there in a comment with my disillusionment regarding everything EVE related right now, including the doxxing stuff and the weariness felt from a year of being almost universally disliked among a group who I had very personal reasons for caring about which transcended the silly game or this awful thread (VideoGames' OP and posts notwithstanding.)

Then I went back and read Kathao's submission on TMC which he wrote before he left for TDB but that only served to make me a bit more depressed. I had a bit of an existential crisis where I started smoking clove cigarettes and reading Camus again like when I was 16 and that lasted a little while, but I sorted it out by lunch, worked the rest my shift and decided that for the duration of my time in the game -- however long that is -- I'm just going to be a quiet little mouse. Stick around for as long as I can still stand it but I'm certainly not leaving for anywhere else -- I'm all in with the group so if I fail in that regard I'm just finished with the game - it's just not good enough of a game to hold my interest otherwise.

This is sort of where I am at with things now, but we all know things can change (except the joining someone else that'll never change thanks.) As such I'll start slimming stuff down via S-Mart when I get off RO. The rest I'll mothball. I sort of had a plan with all of this but I don't really have the heart for it anymore. It's not even an emo thing at this point it's just... we try things in life and sometimes they work out and sometimes not. I'm a lucky guy with a great life; that doesn't mean everything is going to work out the way I would like all of the time, and I knew that coming in to this. I had a good deal of fun with it all, but it's time to put it away, along with this SA account (as Paco would say "lol if you think I'd post in the EVE thread with my actual account") and just fade away into the backdrop, as I have been for so long.

So it goes. I guess this is the part where I spit on the culture entirely and sign my post, being relegated to the Xenurias of the world (man that stung) and angry at everyone for rejecting me so flatly and arrogantly. I can't bring myself to do it though so instead I'll just thank you all for letting me experiment and try new stuff out while I worked through some stuff with the help of internet spaceships, laughs, and the freedom of the sandbox. Love you guys - not many of you individually mind you... but as a whole? Yeah, you still have your mojo. You just need to stop bitching at each other that it isn't there anymore in order to see that it is.

I'm sorry for the word salad. Sorry for everything else too. Peace.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

*continues making GBS threads on me*

ok

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

I think you're just not getting it.
Have you read these forums, like ever?
Everyone is making GBS threads on everyone at the first opportunity they get. Its just the circle of life. Don't let it get to you. That's part of the culture around here its that loving simple.

No I get it just fine. I'm starting to wonder if you do -- It's not being poo poo on, it's being universally disliked and people like Fix Lag saying "he's always like that." Fix Lag doesn't know me from Adam. I've never talked to that dude once in the last year. This is the perception, though. Goons doxx people errday and Paco is a spergtard with no redeemable qualities 24/7. It wears on me, and if you don't think that's different than "hrr drr you're dumb" or "shut the gently caress up paco" then I don't know what to tell you, except it is very very different. It sure feels different to me at least.

If you've noticed I tend to come at people on the forums pretty regularly no matter who they are, so I don't think the thickness of my skin or the ability to playfully rib others is the issue. It's the "he's a terrible cancer" poo poo that everyone seems to just agree with at face value without knowing me, or realizing that there are far worse things for the corp/alliance/culture than some geezer joking around. Deadtear calling me worse than Xenuria. Vyst calling me an "unperson." You, here right now, saying that I don't understand the culture. No, I understand the culture just fine -- what others seem to have a hard time grasping is that I'm a part of it too. I have fun with it my own way, I guess my folly was thinking that others would get that I wasn't serious about any of this poo poo and have some fun with me. Nope - just got hated and the "not a cultural fit" stamp on my forehead. The scarlet letter of goons -- he's just another spergy publord.

Once not so long ago while I was flying through Fade with an alt, I encountered someone from this thread. I asked the person if they would be coming back to GSF. They mentioned that they missed their friends and thought about coming back sometimes, but wondered if they were too disliked to be let back in. I told them "Trust me - it's fine. I should know, I'm Paco loving Vato. You won't have to worry about that much heat." or something along those lines. "Oh" the person replied "I could goatse every thread in TWR and not be as hated as you." And... he's right of course. That's the Paco paradigm -- gently caress that guy no matter what. Yeah I have a couple of friends in the corp/alliance, but for the most part I feel like I'm out of place there, and that is frustrating because it's literally the only place I could possibly fit in within the game. I can't enjoy the game at the pubbie level because I just don't love or care about the game the same way pubbies do and I think the elite pvp mentality is rubbish. I can't enjoy the game at the goon level either because you lot won't stop bleating "you don't understand goon culture!" at me. This was a big reason I created the "gently caress everyone else" persona that I did. It was easier than reticence, which was never really my strong suit.

So no, in short, it's not getting poo poo on that was ever the problem. It was when the narrative shifted from "poo poo on paco" to "paco is cancer." It was the times I would read a post on the forums directed at me and go "Hey wait a minute - that person genuinely does not like me and is being an actual dickhead, this is not the fake har har goon dickery. Did I gently caress up and join PL or something?" It was the minute I found myself too scared to post in this thread or in elysium because people who don't like me might notice and decide eh gently caress this guy and then poof! I'm gone from the group that I enjoyed so much. That feeling that I was surrounded by people who by and large would rather I wasn't there.

Meanwhile my love for the group and the good time I was having laughing about and stuff attracted people to the game that wouldn't have normally been drawn to it - paka and grande in particular. They came on their own - not because of the stupid game, but because of how loudly I was laughing and how much I talked about gsf and how funny it all was. There's history with me there too that they know about -- personal stuff that makes my bond to SA and therefore SA-based gaming guilds stronger. I guess what I'm getting at is if I'm so much of a loving cancer why did my wife and oldest son join the game to fight in a war we are losing and likely going to lose just because... goons? How many of you who understand ~goon culture~ so well can say the same?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Hi thread, it's me again.

To answer some questions not because I think it's particularly important or anything but because they were asked:

1) deadtear did NOT say "your posting is worse than xenuria." Point of fact he said "you're worse than loving xenuria." Like me, as in not my posts but the person making them. Wow what an rear end in a top hat. He is right, this is what "broke" me. If by "break" you mean caused me to finally be like yeah maybe it's time to peace out.

Problem is I have nowhere to go, so I'll just go nowhere.

2) As far as EVE Online Corp Membership goes, yes I'm still in GSF. Where else would I go? Last time I checked posting badly wasn't reason enough to get blacklisted, and I did say "slim down" my operations -- not let my main's sub expire and be banished to vacationerland and lose my spot. I'll never awox or go fuckgoons so I'm sorry for that. One of the reasons I love GSF is because I can say whatever I want to whoever I want and not get kicked. I can eve shitpost here, at Post Mecca. So what if people think I'm annoying as gently caress? I'm still laughing and stillhere, and in a few days I come off RO and I'll be back giving the precious goonfleet dot comme my own special kind of love.

3) I purposefully have not posted in the chill thread. I'm trying to be respectful in that regard.

4) I still love goons. Both the kind here and the kind in spaceships. I have never done anything, unlike xenuria, that would cause anyone to be able to plausibly argue otherwise. Part of not giving a poo poo is that it's easy to remain loyal.

5) I wanted to let you folks -- most of which are my supposed mates -- have a look behind the curtain for fun. I love how writing words has become a taboo in this society. As if we've forgotten that the forming of words in long form is the building blocks of our "great society." I posted in long form because I like to do so. Sorry you don't like reading it. Scroll on past but if you come at me, don't get all "he's a sperg" when I come back.

6) Hi Endie -- I've actually never had a twitter but I've roasted you like a prime duck over like 5 or 6 different reddit accounts. You are cool as poo poo but in the game you made your choice and are elite pvp now so you get to shut the gently caress up about anything GSF related because we aren't about that (at least not on paper.)

7) Let's see if waffe is what it claims to be. I post like poo poo, people think I'm no better than xenuria, but I have literally done nothing wrong. Even my reddit posting is pro-SA and pro-goon. Xenuria's just a clueless attention whore. I'm a grown rear end man with a mortgage playing a character on internet spaceships. There's a goddamned difference and if you don't realize that then I feel bad for you son. I honestly don't think I'll get kicked. I'm annoying, but poo poo lots of goons are. I think it was space dad himself who said poo poo posting is every goon's god given right. Does that not extend to this thread.

8) I actually really like Dalael on a dude level - even on the gsf forums. The problem is he keeps coming at me and I don't get the chance to say "hey dude stop I like you let's just be chill bros." People in waffe HAVE given me that chance and I am chill bros with them. You may not know them though because most of them sure as poo poo don't post in this thread. I wish Zyd hadn't come at him here on my behalf, but on the same token I wish I hadn't come at Zyd. I think you're great, Ang -- be you and have fun and all that and I hope to see you around.

9) Cravius can still get hosed.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Oh and I almost forgot -- this is Pablo los Perro - or "Pabs" as we've come to call him. We got him last Sunday. He's about a year old and a rescue. He is likely an american bull terrier and labrador mix. When our friend got him from his last owners his collar was probably 3' too small and had embedded itself in his skin. He was abused by a man so he takes to women and children but has a hard time with men but I've got a lot of experience working with dogs so I'm working with him to make him more comfortable with me and Grande. I took this picture earlier after he came home from getting his poor nuggets snipped.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

Some great stuff

Thank you for everything else you said about me but please know that the whole reason I made the "paco vato" character was a shell of not giving a gently caress. I sort of treated this thread as backstage.

Dalael posted:

Dead loving tear.

The problem here is I put more value in deadtear than others do. Deadtear coming at bfm when that all went down is what made paka love goons. To me, he's pretty loving great. Him saying I'm xenuria is tough to swallow. Mittens could +rep every post I ever made and it wouldn't matter to me as much as deadtear being chill to me. He was... for a minute. Until I started posting here, oddly. It was like when I first started playing and warr akini told me I was a terrible poster. It was like being punched in the stomach because of who was saying it in regards to those I value in goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

hailthefish posted:

Do you love me yet, deadtear? Do you approve of me? Please approve of my posting, deadtear. I put more value in you than others do, deadtear, why do you hate me?

I feel sorry for you if you think it's any work to get anyone to notice me at all. Hey guess what I noticed you - now shut up. I don't think he hates me he just crossed the loving line with that xenuria poo poo.

Dalael posted:

Also, accept PM you mongoloid so this discussion doesn't have to poo poo up the thread any more than it already has. You will also be made fun of a lot less of this way.

Uuuuuuh those were turned off on this account oops.

• Locked thread