Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I didn't see any of these poor reports please repost them :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mpaarating posted:

Have we accused anyone of mental illness in this thread yet?

i'm willing to start :sun:

i diagnose you with an anankastic personality disorder

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

where's darius with his ~true goon~ bullshit

reddit

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vanadium posted:

Why do we even have a non-chill thread?

posting pvp is more interesting than most eve pvp

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Blazing Zero posted:

alright so now can someone post, with as little bias as possible, whats happening with gsf and their space

all the good stuff is gone, the wretched poo poo in pure blind is determined by who felt motivated that day, ph's holdings in fade are ineptly falling to the gsf finance team

and, you know, a bunch of competent people but i feel it's the gsf finance team that's the final straw on that camel's back

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah that was one thing said while Endie & BAT were halfway out the door iirc that soured things as well since most people agree Endie is a good dude regardless of affiliations and makes posts that, even if you disagree with the end argument, are at least reasonable. Unsurprisingly the people calling him mentally ill etc. are also the ones who got mad at DJ for starting his own EVE group on here so there's that.

nobody actually called endie mentally ill but the people who had to deal with his internal politicking, like me, were personally glad to see him go

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Grognan posted:

Been driving a Garbage Truck in Saranen standing. Got to salvage a capital today. :toot:

You should make sure to get any t2 salvage you got safely to jita as soon after the patch hits as possible.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Again, this is all relatively news to me since I haven't really done much with Horde since end of February/mid March. I know that any awoxers etc. get purged from the corp (along with other people who cause issues not just via awoxing).

goons have made a point of putting the SAME awoxing character back into horde after getting booted for awoxing just for funsies and have had no issues whatsoever

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

go3 posted:

Remember when locus rigs didn't penalty stack and 3x rigged Scorch Apocs roamed wild and free

i still own mine :smith:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Maneck posted:

Update failed. Had to reinstall. All UI settings nuked. GarpaUI can't handle the new folder structure (or something). Time to rebuild.

Another quality update experience from :ccp:

if you weren't there for the [WORD REMOVED BECAUSE CLOUDFLARE BLOCKS ME IF I TYPE IT] debacle you don't know how bad a patch can be

also lol if I type out the name of the file ccp deleted cloudflare thinks i'm trying to do a bad thing to SA and blocks me

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

War Eagle posted:

I had completely forgotten about that. By far the biggest screw-up by a game company I've ever encountered.

Fortunately while my file got erased I found out before I restarted and managed to get a new one, but it wasn't quite right and so I always had to pick which version of windows I was booting (one of the choices did not actually exist) until I got a new computer.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

pugnax posted:

So how boned is the CFC super fleet after this patch? Don't really think CCP should intervene but drat, seems like there's no way for any super pilots still in 0.0 to get new mods, refit, or unload overloaded bays without logging into a pretty hostile environment.

No more than they already were, really. If the super could log in safely yesterday it can log in safely today to get new mods, but a lot couldn't log in safely yesterday and can't login safely today.

The only really big problem will be if we can't clear out a safe area before the overloading restriction is relaxed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Libluini posted:

Thinking about this, people complained about shield-battleships getting hosed over by bombers, my bad.

But still, I also remember people claiming shield-capitals were bad for some reason. Was that just the Phoenix because of it using capital missiles?

It used to be because thanks to quirks in how the bonus was applied, the leviathan bonus was trash (specifically, it increased your total shield capacity but left your current shields alone, so you had to be manually brought up to 100% ... every time you changed systems). That was fixed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

I'd rather log in at a hostile tower than at a camped friendly one

same

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dr. Pangloss posted:

They just released the BPO for the citadel itself, so people are busy researching. I'm sure there are some that will build at ME0 or even ME3/4, which I think you can get to fairly quickly. I've taken or am taking all my BPOs to at least 6 (including the Astrahus I bought today) before I copy / make anything.

ME research is nearly useless on medium citidels, even with multiple runs.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Libluini posted:

I'm guessing ME research is more a thing for the structure-components you need for the citadels.

All those bpos were already seeded months ago.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dr. Pangloss posted:

but what else am I going to do with it while my component BPOs churn? I guess make copies?

PE research or copies, yeah.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

froody guy posted:

I just checked the material requirement for the Astrathus and it's (almost) all 1x something

how does ME research affect something like that?

It doesn't, ever. Even if you do a million runs. The only thing ME affects is things that require 2 or more things.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

and moving 1b in bpos in a force recon through gates, let alone 15b, is groin-grabbingly idiotic

you move that poo poo with blops or jfs safely from station to station

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Oovee posted:

I have always felt the big grand battles are the reason why eve still exists, small gang/ alliance skirmishes dont really have the same draw as vast battles involving thousands. Never did understand why ccp tries to tune down the thing that keeps eve in the news.

their code is single threaded and their server dies in big battles and cannot be improved hardware wise

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I didn't read the article either, but someone mentioned that racism being tolerated was one of the things that set him off. Since you were an ex-mod I was just curious your thoughts on it given the whole "niggertown" channel being allowed & that discussion from a while back.

i don't want to go find it again but didn't it have a long odd defense of "ironic racism"? i forget where he went from there but i do remember that part.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

golden retrievers are the best dog i don't get why anyone has any other kind of dog, unless they need a small dog or one that doesn't need exercise

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ChickenWing posted:

Fun fact: golden retrievers are empirically the most boring dog, followed closely by labrador retrievers.

golden retrievers are funny as poo poo and want to play play play why aren't you playing perhaps if i nudge you some more you will play oh look a squirrel death2squirrels look i found a stick do you want the stick no you can't have the stick ok fine you can have the stick do you want to play now

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

katka posted:

Man whoever wrote that email is crazy as poo poo. Also what is his beef with CCP falcon? Falcon is a pretty cool dude in my book.

falcon called him crazy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I apparently have 2 bonus remaps. I would just like to learn some mining things a bit quicker and I'm afraid I am feeling a bit out of my depth with this stuff. I think I should leave this for further down the line.

You should train the skill "cybernetics" to I, then you should purchase all five of the implants that end in "- Standard" (commonly referred to as +3s). This will let you train faster with no downside besides the cost as long as you have the implants. You'll keep the implants until you get podded (someone blows up your ship, then blows up your pod). Most of the time that won't happen (only other players shoot your pod, not npc characters, and it has a high penalty for them) and if it does you just lose the implants and go back to your normal training speed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CommonShore posted:

I think this was high-angle guns.

nah, killmails say the weapon was a doomsday

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nah that was AFTER they removed the ability for them to dd through the cyno, they had to actually appear on grid

so that they could be tackled by bumping neuting naglfars and killed!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

YouTuber posted:

It's because Goons are huge babbis who can't handle the prospect of not sourcing every tidbit from Jita directly. If CCP nutted up and fixed Jump Freighters so they couldn't jump out of highsec the game would be infinitely better for it. If JF had to slowboat to a lowsec system before they could jump the game would infinitely better for it. Living deeper in nullsec and local industry will always be a moronic idea until then. No ship distorts the state of the game more than Jump Freighters. In 2007 you could outright kill Alliance war efforts by literally killing all the ships they had on hand. They just couldn't produce enough locally to form fleets after enough beat downs. Coordinated disruption of PvE (What Blackops was formed originally to do) and Strategic Ops would whittle groups down to the nub. RISE was a classic example of this, we killed them so much that they just didn't have ships to use. They would just sit in station listening to RoyofCA's speeches in local. If the same tactic was run against RISE today they'd have an infinite supply of ships since a JF would cyno in directly to the station.

ok greyscale

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the dumb dude didn't know we mostly exported ships to jita I think

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

JanIrvam posted:

Hey so I just shelled out the money to check out these forums mainly to get intel and figure out this whole goon thing. Rather than being smart and skulking quietly I just decided to blather some dumb stuff.

So after looking at these SA forums for a bit, like is there no complete forum or house of threads for Eve Online? Like all the Eve goon blather is going to be on the Goonswarm forums and all? Like not a lot of Eve crap actually happens here?

I finally decided to pay money and check out SA because Mittens is constantly saying that "our forums are so much better than /r/Eve" and all. But I am looking at the SA forums and I don't see any easily identifiable Eve goon place.

Oh, and does having this account make me a goon? I can't freaking stand Goonswarm.

The forum is only visible after you've accumulated enough posts, or bought platinum.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

h1z1 was the most fun when we spread out amongst med pop servers. High pops always felt way too looted out/crowded.

I would have liked h1z1 a lot if it weren't for the hacking and the constant wipes. Mostly the constant wipes.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

good doggie

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

Why is this a bad thing? If you warp off while missiles are in flight do they not reach their target?

Correct. Same with bombs iirc.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SperginMcBadposter posted:

How does this multiply isk? https://www.themittani.com/features/plex-wall-incident
I read over it twice and I still don't get how this does anything for him.

Long story short: he has used the patch change mechanics to capture the plex flipping market (put up buy orders for plex, sell the plex you get for a higher amount, pocket the profit) until all of his cheap buy orders expire. His prices are set so nobody can compete with him with the new broker prices until his orders expire. By controlling that market, he'll earn a specific amount of money per day until all of his orders expire.

If someone happened to have a massive pile of plex though, they could ruin it by dumping plex to his buy orders until he ran out of money on-hand, which would cancel them all. Short of that, he's pretty set.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I thought buy orders just get cancelled if there isn't enough money to pay the seller. So it cancels the order and gives the buyer the item anyways?

He doesn't have enough money to back ALL the orders, but as long as he keeps enough money to back a few days of the orders and keeps reselling he's fine. If he goes afk for two weeks though he'll run out of money and they'll pop.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

Uh unless they introduced a new mechanic in the last year, you can absolutely warp off grid entirely and the bomb still applies damage. It's only if you do a session change (Lose ship/jump out) that the bomb applies no damage.

Yep, I'm wrong about bombs.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

Which directors are those?

even i am entosising things

aryth tried but got his rapier quickly blown up

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Regrettable Drunk posted:

Joining their fleet and awoxing them was a bit much. It's taking advantage of the fact that the memorial fleet was set up for anyone who wanted to pay respects, not awox every duder.

Of course people have been invading and destroying in game memorials for RL deaths for a long time, it's in no way original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

You can try and defend the position but don't expect the "this is eve" to be a defence that would have people suddenly come around and agree to your point of view.

if they didn't want bad things to happen to their memorial fleet perhaps it shouldn't be trying to take our space

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Oh I enjoyed doing it. For a few hours a week. But then hundreds of people lose their minds because all their Eve possessions are going to be lost in hostile null stations and you just can't stop shipping to go play some FO4. You have to finish it.

And I really didn't expect there to be so much of it or for things to take so long. Through the whole thing I was certain that there was just another two or three days left before things were done.

if it makes you feel better, i considered putting up my 20m m3 of stront from deep inside deklein and then decided against it, it could have been worse :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

The stront price spike caused some really ridicules contracts. Like dozens of shipments with a reward of 160 and cargo worth 170 or so.

Like.... I would really have appreciated that kind of work if we weren't in the middle of an evacuation effort and things were hanging on hours.

I checked, the price would have been about 500m per jfload so it wasn't crazy to ship it it, but it was crazy to waste anyone's time with it when i could easily afford the hit since i'd bought it all at firesale or prepatch prices and i can just get it back in a month or two and other people needed their packages out

i can probably buy a whole lot more at firesale prices once the current residents get shown the door too, should get some more buys up

• Locked thread