Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't get that attitude. You can use the masonry to suss them out easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't get that attitude. You can use the masonry to suss them out easier.

Yup, much easier to get a feel for real reactions/etc in real time chat in a google doc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I do agree that the reaction is weird. Both of them are acting odd, but I'm inclined to believe them for the moment, at least that they're masons. This feels too shaky and bizarre to be a scum gambit.

Though I really have no idea what to think alignment wise.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I have been on planes all day, will mafia tomorrow

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I do agree that the reaction is weird. Both of them are acting odd, but I'm inclined to believe them for the moment, at least that they're masons. This feels too shaky and bizarre to be a scum gambit.

Though I really have no idea what to think alignment wise.

This is fake.

##vote PMush

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like, literally, for real, that is the fakest "reaction" I have seen in a mafia game in a looooooooong time.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here's a thought, JakeP, what does your role PM say about our relationship and how you feel about me and such?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
For whatever it's worth, I think a masonry could be useful to suss out thoughts and arguments away from public view. If it's unconfirmed, a town mason could pick up on things.

I mean, I'm not about to vote on bullshit D1 claims, but I don't think masons are as useless as people make them out to be.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That said, the one mason doc I ever had that was worth anything had, like, ten masons in a twenty-five player game.

I still think a good mason could be a good mason. There's no reason to out it. Sure, alignment is unconfirmed, but what is confirmed is that you get to bro out beyond public view.

You shouldn't out that.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

That said, the one mason doc I ever had that was worth anything had, like, ten masons in a twenty-five player game.

I still think a good mason could be a good mason. There's no reason to out it. Sure, alignment is unconfirmed, but what is confirmed is that you get to bro out beyond public view.

You shouldn't out that.

I mean I wouldn't have outed it generally but the fact that we both claimed miller and are both masons is interesting, something to consider, and frankly something I felt the town should be aware of. I am a pretty open book player, what I think is what I say in the thread.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Here's a thought, JakeP, what does your role PM say about our relationship and how you feel about me and such?

That we are brothers, and the reason we can talk out of thread is because you trust me, but that otherwise you no nothing about my role. I could see how you read the trust thing and thought we were confirmed, but I am pretty sure that is just flavor as to why we can communicate out of thread

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

This is fake.

##vote PMush

I agree with this though ##vote pmush

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm feeling conflicted about that, honestly. If you are both town then scum may just kill you for outing yourselves as Masons, unless they just push the narrative that we should get rid of the millers asap. If you are scum that's a good gambit to start off with because it throws us in a lurch.

Like, you should be able to at least work out your misgivings in the mason doc before bringing this to us, because that is an easier channel to see where a player is coming from.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:smokes a bowl: who's masons?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

On the other hand, both your posts feel genuine so JakeP likely just got paranoid.

Anyway, ##vote pmush

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i think this bandwagoning is fake

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have to remind myself that not everyone that plays this game has nothing else going on in their life and likely don't pay as much attention to things.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

I'm feeling conflicted about that, honestly. If you are both town then scum may just kill you for outing yourselves as Masons, unless they just push the narrative that we should get rid of the millers asap. If you are scum that's a good gambit to start off with because it throws us in a lurch.

Like, you should be able to at least work out your misgivings in the mason doc before bringing this to us, because that is an easier channel to see where a player is coming from.

lol why would the scum kill 2 miller masons thats absurd

I don't have "misgivings", just information I felt the town should have. I'll do my scum hunting in the thread not in a google doc

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

i think this bandwagoning is fake

"Pmush is scummy"

Kash: "Yo hey hold up."

Do you not think Pmush's post was wishy-washy in a bad way?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Unconfirmed masonries as a mechanic are worse than thunderdome abilities hope this helps

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

lol why would the scum kill 2 miller masons thats absurd

I don't have "misgivings", just information I felt the town should have. I'll do my scum hunting in the thread not in a google doc

That's lame and I'm sad rng gave you the masonry.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

"Pmush is scummy"

Kash: "Yo hey hold up."

Do you not think Pmush's post was wishy-washy in a bad way?

I don't think scum makes themselves that obvious right out of the gate

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

That's lame and I'm sad rng gave you the masonry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWz7pWMlEA

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Some people just can't help it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe idk.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like Quids is genuinely annoyed here and Jake is just being standard Jake, eh? It would take a pretty good case to make me want to vote either of them, eh?

I don't really care for PMush's comment because that line about not knowing what to think 'alignment wise' feels forced and self-conscious, eh?

However, I think one thing we can all agree on is that Hal is always scum, eh?

##vote Hal

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

This feels like a dodge. Pmush's post is wishy-washy and self-concious, and ignoring it for that reason is lame and suspicious.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Kash scum to prolly or Kash scum pmush town, id vote kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

This feels like a dodge. Pmush's post is wishy-washy and self-concious, and ignoring it for that reason is lame and suspicious.

I didn't get self-conscious from that post at all

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_2xIpcMBiI

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I feel like Quids is genuinely annoyed here and Jake is just being standard Jake, eh? It would take a pretty good case to make me want to vote either of them, eh?

I don't really care for PMush's comment because that line about not knowing what to think 'alignment wise' feels forced and self-conscious, eh?

##vote Hal

Calling a player scummy and then throwing down a dumb vote on someone who hasn't even checked in since the day started. Cool.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Kash scum to prolly or Kash scum pmush town, id vote kash

Nah after many games of scum I am finally town again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

##vote Hal

This, however, is bad. "I think this person is scum, but I'm gonna joke vote."

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Calling a player scummy and then throwing down a dumb vote on someone who hasn't even checked in since the day started. Cool.

Wait, saying something feels forced and self-conscious is now calling someone scummy, eh?

If I had wanted to say PMush was scummy, I would have called her scummy, eh? Forced and self-conscious does not always equal scum, eh?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Wait, saying something feels forced and self-conscious is now calling someone scummy, eh?

If I had wanted to say PMush was scummy, I would have called her scummy, eh? Forced and self-conscious does not always equal scum, eh?

No, but it is suspicious, and throwing a vote on Hal feels like you are trying to push momentum off of someone.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

"I don't really care for Pmush's comment"

I mean you are heavily implying you don't like this comment from them and that it comes from a bad place.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, subtext is a thing that exists in our lives. Pointing out something is wrong with a post without a qualifier implies you think it's scummy. Why point it out, otherwise?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Everybody scum

That's the secret isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If that were true the game would end the moment it started.

• Locked thread