Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

If that were true the game would end the moment it started.

what if we are all SKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I played in a game once where everyone was town and it would only end when someone definitively stated that the mod was loving with us.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

what if we are all SKs

I literally just thought of that. Please get out of my head, it's getting creepy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

I played in a game once where everyone was town and it would only end when someone definitively stated that the mod was loving with us.

Peta ran this once, but he would randomly mod kill a player at night to look like a scum kill, and he felt too guilty to continue after a day, and called it day 2

Kashuno posted:

what if we are all SKs

Cpig ran this. There might have been 1 non-sk

Everytime someone suggested "What if we are all SKs" all the other SKs jumped on them for SK slipping and lynched them

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

I literally just thought of that. Please get out of my head, it's getting creepy.

are you an sk?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

are we both SKs? :ohdear:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

Peta ran this once, but he would randomly mod kill a player at night to look like a scum kill, and he felt too guilty to continue after a day, and called it day 2

I can't remember who modded the one I was in, but they did not feel bad about the fake scum kill. We only caught on because the NK would happen within one minute of the day ending fairly consistently.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

are you an sk?

My flavor character is pretty fuckin awesome but I am not an SK, no.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Like, subtext is a thing that exists in our lives. Pointing out something is wrong with a post without a qualifier implies you think it's scummy. Why point it out, otherwise?

In order to get some kind of clarification on it from the poster, eh?

Plus, it's also a good way to get reactions from other people, eh?

For example, Kash thinks PMush's comment is too obvious to be scum, but my post is essentially the same thing with just a slight twist and Kash thinks it's scummy, eh?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

For example, Kash thinks PMush's comment is too obvious to be scum, but my post is essentially the same thing with just a slight twist and Kash thinks it's scummy, eh?

No I don't agree with that. Kash doesn't think scum would be that obvious and is fairly clear about that. You were not at all obvious about the fact that you didn't necissarily find the post scummy. You just pointed out something you thought was odd without clarifying anything else and then threw a vote down on someone that has actually zero content for the game. That is suspicious.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

What sort of clarification were you expecting?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

No I don't agree with that. Kash doesn't think scum would be that obvious and is fairly clear about that. You were not at all obvious about the fact that you didn't necissarily find the post scummy. You just pointed out something you thought was odd without clarifying anything else and then threw a vote down on someone that has actually zero content for the game. That is suspicious.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, eh?

In my opinion, my comment on PMush is basically the same as her comment about Quid/Jake, eh? PMush says the reaction is weird, I say I don't like a comment and then neither us makes an alignment call on the people in question, eh? Where's the difference, eh?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Plus, it's also a good way to get reactions from other people, eh?

They aren't remotely the same though. Yours heavily implied an alignment call, Pmush's meanwhile waffled about making a call.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gently caress, I haven't had my coffee, my previous post assumed TMM said something else, though it isn't helped by the fake PR TMM is affecting.

TMM, your post was not similar to Pmush's. Pmush was wishy washy, yours was explicit and then you walked it back for some reason? Like, do you not find the post scummy?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

To be clear, I thought TMM was comparing themself to Kash. I misread and didn't realize it was comparing Pmush and TMM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

To be clear, I thought TMM was comparing themself to Kash. I misread and didn't realize it was comparing Pmush and TMM

I'm glad I wasn't wrong thinking your post made no sense

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, sorry about that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow, that was some fun bedtime reading.

I guess I'll vote PMush if we're coming up on deadline, but I don't want to. She is dangerous scum, but she's also very helpful town, and on balance, especially on D1....

Yeah, I don't want to vote her if we can find literally anything else, for now. If there are legit scum reads on her tomorrow then by all means.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think there is enough here in the conversation we had this morning for you to suss out some things. Why don't you bring an argument to the table.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

I guess I'll vote PMush if we're coming up on deadline, but I don't want to. She is dangerous scum, but she's also very helpful town, and on balance, especially on D1....

Yeah, I don't want to vote her if we can find literally anything else, for now. If there are legit scum reads on her tomorrow then by all means.

this post is as wishy washy as pmushes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
"Like Gee willickers, I don't want to lynch Pmush but you sure are twisting my arm!" -Propoganda Machine, 2016

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And I sort of feel mean saying this but I think I have to, that Pmach post seems pretty fake. The whole Pmush is great scum or great town thing particularly. In my recent experience Pmush is far more likely to lurk, then replace out before day 2 starts than do anything, so I am wondering where Pmach gets the idea that Pmush is going to be an asset/threat?

Again sorry if this is a mean thing to say but it was my first thought after reading that post

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

This is scummy as poo poo.

##vote PMach

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This is scummy as poo poo.

##vote PMach

Mafia edit - eh?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
You guys suck, you had like what, a 30 minute jokephase?

Now I'm sitting here not having read anything or worried about this game yet because this is normally 300 poo poo posts.

Why do you hate fun?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Now I'm sitting here not having read anything or worried about this game yet because this is normally 300 poo poo posts.

Why do you hate fun?

Mafia games are . . . fun?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Why do you hate fun?

be the change

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

Mafia games are . . . fun?

in their entirety yes but it requires that every component be properly in place. like a jokephase of at leas 24 real life hours. but noooooo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

be the change

shut up kashu NO

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

in their entirety yes but it requires that every component be properly in place. like a jokephase of at leas 24 real life hours. but noooooo

make some jokes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

make some jokes

I got a joke:

A young couple is golfing one day on a very exclusive course lined with million-dollar houses. On the third tee, the wife slices her shot right through the large front window of the biggest house along the course. They walk up, knock on the door, and hear a voice say, "Come on in." Opening the door, they see glass everywhere and a broken bottle lying on the floor.

A man on the couch says, "Are you the people who broke my window" The husband begins to apologize, but the man cuts him off. "Actually, I want to thank you! I'm a genie who was trapped in that bottle, and your wayward shot released me. I'm allowed to grant three wishes, so what I'd like to do is give each of you one wish, and I'll keep the last one for myself."

"Fantastic!" says the husband. "I want a million dollars a year for the rest of my life."

"No problem," says the genie, "it's the least I could do. And you, ma'am, what do you want"

"I want a house in every country in the world," says the wife.

"Consider it done," the genie replies, turning back to the man. "And now for my wish. Because I’ve been trapped in that bottle, I haven’t had sex in a really long time. My wish is to sleep with your wife."

The husband takes a long look at his wife and says, "Well, we did get a lot of money and all those houses. If you don't mind, honey, I don't either."

The wife agrees, and the genie takes her upstairs, where he ravishes her for three hours. After he’s through, the genie rolls over, looks at the wife, and asks, "How old is your husband, anyway"

"Thirty-five," she replies.

"And he still believes in genies"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
see this is better.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also drat it, I forgot to add eh again, eh?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

Why do you hate fun?

:agreed:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think Pmach always sounds like that. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt today.

TMM post(s) are bad. ##vote TMM

Pmush post is bad. Would vote.

I've decided I believe the mason millers. That's kind of funny and something I can see Opop doing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd also do a lurker cuddle on Hal if he doesn't start posting today. My last game did really well when we pursued lurkers from the start. But I miss Hal and am hoping he starts posting. We still have over two real life days in D1, so plenty of time yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I mean, that PMach post was really :unsmith: and made me feel good about myself (someone else remembers Zodiac Mafia :toot:), but what?

I think it would have felt more real if there'd been a "when she doesn't lurk" caveat or something. But without even that it honestly feels fake.

##vote PMach

Thank you for the compliment, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

King Burgundy posted:

I'd also do a lurker cuddle on Hal if he doesn't start posting today. My last game did really well when we pursued lurkers from the start. But I miss Hal and am hoping he starts posting. We still have over two real life days in D1, so plenty of time yet.
I gotta comment on this.

KingB, you've been giving me pings since literally your first post. Your confirmation was incredibly self conscious, you've been doing a lot of me-too-ing, and now you're nudging forth a lurker vote in its own post with two days to go.

On their own, none of these is too bad, but together, plus my gut, I don't like it at all. Which is a shame because you're a blast to play games with.

Would still vote KingB.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I think Pmach always sounds like that. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt today.

TMM post(s) are bad. ##vote TMM

Pmush post is bad. Would vote.

I've decided I believe the mason millers. That's kind of funny and something I can see Opop doing.

When are my posts ever not bad? This is a stupid bad vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I gotta comment on this.

KingB, you've been giving me pings since literally your first post. Your confirmation was incredibly self conscious, you've been doing a lot of me-too-ing, and now you're nudging forth a lurker vote in its own post with two days to go.

On their own, none of these is too bad, but together, plus my gut, I don't like it at all. Which is a shame because you're a blast to play games with.

Would still vote KingB.

First off, when is pursuing lurkers ever something I've not done?

Secondly, look at my last few games. I've recently doubled down on it. As I said in those games, I'll say again here, if we as players on SA pursued lurkers in every game of mafia, SA Mafia would get better.

Another game is still ongoing, so not going to chat too hard about it, but FYI that there were two lurker scum and we got them both in part by pursuing lurkers.

• Locked thread