Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote pmach feeling better about pmush after that post. Especially since I don't see scum PMush immediately voting a player who is buddying to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

When are my posts ever not bad? This is a stupid bad vote.

No, bad in a specific scummy way. As opposed to bad crazy like saying there is a cult when there isn't or pretending words existed in someones post that didn't. It's already been said, but starting here:

TMMadman posted:

I feel like Quids is genuinely annoyed here and Jake is just being standard Jake, eh? It would take a pretty good case to make me want to vote either of them, eh?

I don't really care for PMush's comment because that line about not knowing what to think 'alignment wise' feels forced and self-conscious, eh?

However, I think one thing we can all agree on is that Hal is always scum, eh?

##vote Hal

Everyone else, including me, is seeing you throw shade on Pmush for this post. We see the shade throw followed by you putting down a joke vote. Looks super bizarre and scummy. But then it gets worse:

TMMadman posted:

Wait, saying something feels forced and self-conscious is now calling someone scummy, eh?

If I had wanted to say PMush was scummy, I would have called her scummy, eh? Forced and self-conscious does not always equal scum, eh?

You keep doubling down on it after this, but the bottom line is you are trying to pretend like you were NOT throwing shade on pmush. And that is just nonsense.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
When do I ever mince words? If I think something is scummy I just call it scummy. What PMush said wasn't scummy, it was just bad and stupid and felt self-conscious. But town is often self-conscious, so trying to frame it as me saying it's scummy is just loving dumb.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

When do I ever mince words? If I think something is scummy I just call it scummy. What PMush said wasn't scummy, it was just bad and stupid and felt self-conscious. But town is often self-conscious, so trying to frame it as me saying it's scummy is just loving dumb.

Then what was the point of you saying it? What were you trying to get across?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Pmush this KB push is gross

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Max posted:

That's lame and I'm sad rng gave you the masonry.

Be my new mason, Max. Mod??

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

why say it at all then?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Be my new mason, Max. Mod??

I wish I was your mason again. Remember how much fun that was? :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I mean, intellectually, I agree with you, B, and I'd vote a lurker to avoid a no-vote, but it seems a weird time to bring it up. Votes for people who are here flying every which way, and you bring up someone who isn't here, and even you admit there's still two days before Hal's absence becomes relevant. It feels like a distraction.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Pmush this KB push is gross

what?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

why say it at all then?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

Wow, that was some fun bedtime reading.

I guess I'll vote PMush if we're coming up on deadline, but I don't want to. She is dangerous scum, but she's also very helpful town, and on balance, especially on D1....

Yeah, I don't want to vote her if we can find literally anything else, for now. If there are legit scum reads on her tomorrow then by all means.

Uhhhhhh, what is this?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't disagree with KBs lurker sentiments at all, but it is early in the day to be considering it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Uhhhhhh, what is this?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I mean, intellectually, I agree with you, B, and I'd vote a lurker to avoid a no-vote, but it seems a weird time to bring it up. Votes for people who are here flying every which way, and you bring up someone who isn't here, and even you admit there's still two days before Hal's absence becomes relevant. It feels like a distraction.

JakeP posted:

I don't disagree with KBs lurker sentiments at all, but it is early in the day to be considering it

I was just putting myself on the record. I wasn't pushing for it and I even said I hope I don't have to.

I'm pushing for TMM with a side of Pmush. To say otherwise is wrong.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

This is scummy as poo poo.

##vote PMach

This is such an odd reaction given that you didn't vote PMush. What is happening this game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Only a vaguely related note, it feels really good to shaky be involved in a Mafia game again. It's been too long since I could really dig in and play properly.

(This is also why I prefer smaller games. Too much going on just burns out my brain on trying to keep up.)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

You guys suck, you had like what, a 30 minute jokephase?

Now I'm sitting here not having read anything or worried about this game yet because this is normally 300 poo poo posts.

Why do you hate fun?

Lolololol Cpig can't troll no mo~

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
agree with the gang on pmach

Poison Mushroom posted:

e_e

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Then what was the point of you saying it? What were you trying to get across?

Kashuno posted:

why say it at all then?

When have I ever not said what I was thinking in a game of Mafia? Even if it's ultimately useless at the time, I still voice my opinions and thoughts because that's how the game is played.

Your essentially saying that you'd rather have me be a lurker and not contribute anything.

In short, stop being stupid.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like isn't it clear from my posting that my vote order would be something like TMM->Pmush->Reluctant Hal?

Seems pretty clear to me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia Edit: to really be involved

Friggin phone.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

When have I ever not said what I was thinking in a game of Mafia? Even if it's ultimately useless at the time, I still voice my opinions and thoughts because that's how the game is played.

Your essentially saying that you'd rather have me be a lurker and not contribute anything.

Nope. Nice strawman. What I'm asking you is what did your thoughts about Pmush make you feel as to alignment. We all assumed it meant you thought she was scummy. It seems like if you didn't think that, the missing words are something like "but I think she's town" or "but I'm not sure on alignment yet". The default in a mafia game is that we would think those comments make us think, that you think, she is scum.

Can you clarify your alignment thoughts when you made that post?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Uh...

not posting == not contributing BUT posting != contributing

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Nope. Nice strawman. What I'm asking you is what did your thoughts about Pmush make you feel as to alignment. We all assumed it meant you thought she was scummy. It seems like if you didn't think that, the missing words are something like "but I think she's town" or "but I'm not sure on alignment yet". The default in a mafia game is that we would think those comments make us think, that you think, she is scum.

Can you clarify your alignment thoughts when you made that post?

There is no alignment thoughts on her for that comment. Once again, if I wanted to add more then I would have. It was a stupid comment by PMush and it deserved to be called stupid.

Every single comment does not need to contain an alignment call, but making a comment and then drawing attention to the fact that you aren't making an alignment call is stupid, but not necessarily scummy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

I was just putting myself on the record. I wasn't pushing for it and I even said I hope I don't have to.

I'm pushing for TMM with a side of Pmush. To say otherwise is wrong.

Yeah I don't feel like you are pushing a lurker lynch and was also putting myself on the record

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Uh...

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Uh...

Where's the giant growing ironicat image when you need it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
See you didn't call it stupid. You called it forced and self conscious. There is a difference. I make stupid posts all the time, but not necessarily forced posts. If you said it was dumb we would move along.

TMMadman posted:

It was a stupid comment by PMush and it deserved to be called stupid.

TMMadman posted:

I don't really care for PMush's comment because that line about not knowing what to think 'alignment wise' feels forced and self-conscious, eh?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

There is no alignment thoughts on her for that comment. Once again, if I wanted to add more then I would have. It was a stupid comment by PMush and it deserved to be called stupid.

Every single comment does not need to contain an alignment call, but making a comment and then drawing attention to the fact that you aren't making an alignment call is stupid, but not necessarily scummy.

Yeah. I think I'm right that you are scum. :shrug:

JakeP posted:

Yeah I don't feel like you are pushing a lurker lynch and was also putting myself on the record

Cool.

Kashuno posted:

See you didn't call it stupid. You called it forced and self conscious. There is a difference. I make stupid posts all the time, but not necessarily forced posts. If you said it was dumb we would move along.

Exactly.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Where's the giant growing ironicat image when you need it?

I got this one

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I got this one

no you dont

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
dag when i quoted the message had a broken image tag

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

dag when i quoted the message had a broken image tag

then why was your quote correct? :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Another game is still ongoing, so not going to chat too hard about it, but FYI that there were two lurker scum and we got them both in part by pursuing lurkers.
Also what the gently caress B. "I'm not going to discuss an ongoing game but here's me discussing an ongoing game".

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also what the gently caress B. "I'm not going to discuss an ongoing game but here's me discussing an ongoing game".

Sorry, my bad.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

then why was your quote correct? :colbert:

internet voodoo probably

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OK it's my lunch break and i'm gonna real quick try to parse this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
*braces for impact*