Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ya i told Jesus to take the wheel almost 3 years ago

go gently caress urself Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax
What's your favorite thing about Hillary Clinton?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

yaaaashillary posted:

she never posts here. ever. think about it please

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Best thing you can do is to accept that you're already dead, OP. That way you can act without fear, hesitation, or self-doubt. When you're already dead, nothing matters. It's awesome.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

That way you can act without fear, hesitation, or self-doubt. When you're already dead, nothing matters. It's awesome.

:stare:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

vandalism posted:

I think I have a solution for you, my man.

Kill yourself. But do it in the hardest, most painful and excrutiatingly long way possibly. Live to an old age. Spend your time striving and building, surround yourself with a cultivated network of people you love. Plant a garden and become more self-sustainable. Try to make money in a wholesome and fair way. Educate yourself. Spend time reading. Learn a trade for your hobby and set goals like spend as little money as possible, do one difficult math problem a day, write a page per day or for an hour a day. Soon you won't have time to feel sorry for yourself and you will be improving your life. There's no reason to feel sorry for yourself. Relentlessly and mercilessly improve yourself until the day you die.

I don't feel sorry for myself. I just don't give a poo poo either way.

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

Best thing you can do is to accept that you're already dead, OP. That way you can act without fear, hesitation, or self-doubt. When you're already dead, nothing matters. It's awesome.

I have, but all that's lead to is me grabbing a 6 pack of miller high life and staring at my computer until I fall asleep.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

yaaaashillary posted:

I respect her decision to run her own Quake server, not just use the NSA-provided deathmatch/CTF rotation

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
not only have you given up on live you give up at the liquor store trying to pick a beer jfc

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

yaaaashillary posted:

I have, but all that's lead to is me grabbing a 6 pack of miller high life and staring at my computer until I fall asleep.

That doesn't sound terrible though. I mean, I'll have some drinks while I'm studying, and then I start thinking, "You know what? I'm gonna try and ace this final, because even if I bomb it, we're all dead anyway. Doesn't matter." So I study hard, and do well on the final. Or I get shitfaced. Either way, I win.

helixxo
May 2, 2005
Try posting multiple crappy GBS threads in the same evening, always makes me feel better.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
gently caress my life

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

im gay posted:

gently caress my life

im gay

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002
life is ok don't be weird

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
try not giving a gently caress

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

MiracleWhale posted:

go to a psychiatrist and maybe a therapist op you dumbass

op this was advice genuinely intended to help you, but rudely stated for that 'gbs edge'

i see from your other thread that you're already taking some sort of psychiatric medication but it's obviously not working, please talk to your psychiatrist

i am not saying this in an attempt to own you, i'm serious

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

MiracleWhale posted:

op this was advice genuinely intended to help you, but rudely stated for that 'gbs edge'

i see from your other thread that you're already taking some sort of psychiatric medication but it's obviously not working, please talk to your psychiatrist

i am not saying this in an attempt to own you, i'm serious

no amount of therapy or medication can change the fact that i'm going to die alone

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

yaaaashillary posted:

no amount of therapy or medication can change the fact that i'm going to die alone

speaking as someone who has been where you are: it's highly likely you can in fact be helped, please reach out and attempt to get that help. in real life, to professionals, not on these the something awful dot com forums

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

MiracleWhale posted:

speaking as someone who has been where you are: it's highly likely you can in fact be helped, please reach out and attempt to get that help. in real life, to professionals, not on these the something awful dot com forums

Last time I had a therapist, every day I would come in and say

"I'm depressed because I'm always alone."

"But you're not always alone! You have friends, you have a job, you're talking to me right now. Yo'u're not always alone."

"I mean I'm always single. I'm very lonely and this makes me depressed."

"Why is a relationship so important? Doesn't anything else in your life matter to you?"

"Yes, but being alone is important to me. It makes me sad."

"Why doesn't anything else matter to you? And you're not always alone!"

I stopped going because it was a waste of time.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i gotta be honest and say that i don't believe in the effectiveness of talk therapy but i guess it helps some people. i'd suggest (1) talking to your psychiatrist, and (2) cognitive behavioral therapy

i'm sorry for turning gibbis into e/n everyone but i'd like the op to be having a good time in life and stuff

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
Why is being alone important to you? Try to not deflect it and actually answer the question, i'm interested

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

save up all your money and buy a plane ticket to syria or iraq or yemen and join the locals, take some photos, dress some wounds, and shoot some guns.

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

rabble rabble posted:

Why is being alone important to you? Try to not deflect it and actually answer the question, i'm interested

Being alone for a very long time and believing it will never change causes me psychological pain and low self esteem

why? i don't know, seems to be a thing ingrained in most humans

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

MiracleWhale posted:

i gotta be honest and say that i don't believe in the effectiveness of talk therapy but i guess it helps some people. i'd suggest (1) talking to your psychiatrist, and (2) cognitive behavioral therapy
Cognitive behavioral therapy is a type of talk therapy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

yaaaashillary posted:

We are born alone, we live alone and we die alone.

Ask your therapist about it.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Secks Cauldron posted:

Cognitive behavioral therapy is a type of talk therapy.

i suspect most readers understood what i meant but i don't know the correct terminology, feel free to post 'em if you got 'em

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

yaaaashillary posted:

why? i don't know, seems to be a thing ingrained in most humans

not really, which is why most of us haven't given up on life

is it possible for you to consider the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, that's the root of your problem? because honestly dude, it's really not

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
get the kind of therapy where they put electrodes on ur balls it looks like it could be fun

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Aralan posted:

No, you've pretty much got it figured out, enjoy working and getting wasted till your inevitable death

Veteran Goon Aralan knows whats up. I'm more successful than most, but not as successful as a lot of my ex-peers; kind of bothers me when I think about it, so best to not think about it IMO.

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

rabble rabble posted:

not really, which is why most of us haven't given up on life

is it possible for you to consider the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, that's the root of your problem? because honestly dude, it's really not

if you honestly believe that most people are not capable of becoming depressed from loneliness then we will have to agree to disagree

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

yaaaashillary posted:

If you actually mean it, please elaborate.

idk, if you think about it what is the history of military service if not disgruntled young men with energy but nowhere to direct it

you get paid to get yelled at and work out

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

im just waiting for the robot revolution. which either means

-robots completely dismantle the idea of needing to work 40+ hours a week to sustain a living
-robots overthrow their human oppressors and destroy humanity

either way, :munch:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

im just waiting for the robot revolution. which either means

-robots completely dismantle the idea of needing to work 40+ hours a week to sustain a living
-robots overthrow their human oppressors and destroy humanity

either way, :munch:

If you are not under 18 years of age, you have no chance of seeing this.

Get to work, rear end in a top hat.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

being depressed sucks man i would know and being lonely is lovely too because people are like oh hey just go out and do stuff but you are depressed so you just drink and stare at the computer and the cycle continues. my suggestion? its springtime bitch start a garden, go to your local nursery and talk to old ladies about plants and buy seeds and supplies and poo poo. because gardening rulez

also you can use your new skillz to grow some weed, find a strain that helps make your head feel right and you are on your way to maybe a slightly happier life

helixxo
May 2, 2005

yaaaashillary posted:

"I mean I'm always single. I'm very lonely and this makes me depressed."
Relying on others for happiness is not a good way to be, especially if you got a girlfriend/boyfriend.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

helixxo posted:

Relying on others for happiness is not a good way to be

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

yaaaashillary posted:

if you honestly believe that most people are not capable of becoming depressed from loneliness then we will have to agree to disagree

are you happy? do you actually want to improve your situation or just keep making up reasons for your current way of thinking? obviously you have very good rationalizations for the things you think, I'm trying to point out that maybe these assumptions and beliefs are wrong, which is why you--and not everyone you meet on the street--has completley given up on life

of course I don't think loneliness is not a thing, that would be absurd. what I honestly believe is you feel this common emotion to such an uncommon extreme that it is causing you to "give up on life completley" this is not normal, it is extreme, and it can be fixed leaving you a better, happier person

you just have to actually consider the idea that you may have to change some long held beliefs and ideas

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
No. Life isn't perfect; in fact she can be a real bitch. But she's winsome and gorgeous regardless, personality issues and warts aside. I mean gently caress who are you to judge? You perfect? Didn't think so.

Devour smaller lives than your own to subsist, smoke trees, enjoy it while it lasts. To quote a song: things change fast. "This too shall pass." Better carve it in your forehead or tattoo it on your rear end.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

rabble rabble posted:

you just have to actually consider the idea that you may have to change some long held beliefs and ideas

lol if you think you can talk someone out of being depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Only like 95% op

• Locked thread