Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
first step to fixing a problem is acknowledging there is a problem to be solved, who said anything about talking anyone out of anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

no, like using your soft dick as a metronome, that could work

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

rabble rabble posted:

are you happy? do you actually want to improve your situation or just keep making up reasons for your current way of thinking? obviously you have very good rationalizations for the things you think, I'm trying to point out that maybe these assumptions and beliefs are wrong, which is why you--and not everyone you meet on the street--has completley given up on life

of course I don't think loneliness is not a thing, that would be absurd. what I honestly believe is you feel this common emotion to such an uncommon extreme that it is causing you to "give up on life completley" this is not normal, it is extreme, and it can be fixed leaving you a better, happier person

you just have to actually consider the idea that you may have to change some long held beliefs and ideas

When I think about my life I'm happy with all of it except for the fact that I believe I will never be good enough for anyone. If there was a person out there who I was good enough for, I would be reasonably content with everything else.

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax
If it sounds like I'm being contrarian or something, I'm not. This is really what I think.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

oh there is baby, there is someone out there shuga

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

MiracleWhale posted:

i suspect most readers understood what i meant but i don't know the correct terminology, feel free to post 'em if you got 'em
If you're referring to old-fashioned psychoanalysis, very few people do that anymore.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

have you murdered your parents yet pop?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Secks Cauldron posted:

If you're referring to old-fashioned psychoanalysis, very few people do that anymore.
i still use it to write my fanfics

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax
who the gently caress is pop? i don't get it

The General
Mar 4, 2007

yaaaashillary posted:

When I think about my life I'm happy with all of it except for the fact that I believe I will never be good enough for anyone. If there was a person out there who I was good enough for, I would be reasonably content with everything else.

You're good enough for me, because I know in my heart that I'm not good enough for you.

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

The General posted:

You're good enough for me, because I know in my heart that I'm not good enough for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHQVNVgVzD8

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

yaaaashillary posted:

If it sounds like I'm being contrarian or something, I'm not. This is really what I think.

I believe you're being completley straight here, so maybe I'm the one who's confused. are you actually depressed or just sad you don't have a girl? because frankly, if you think you're coming across as just a little bit upset, you're coming across more as suicidal, which is demonstrably not a good thing

edit: sorry I glossed over the part where you're convinced you're not good enough for anyone, which is completley absurd on it's face. recognize this, get help, and you will become the person you want to be.

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

rabble rabble posted:

I believe you're being completley straight here, so maybe I'm the one who's confused. are you actually depressed or just sad you don't have a girl? because frankly, if you think you're coming across as just a little bit upset, you're coming across more as suicidal, which is demonstrably not a good thing

edit: sorry I glossed over the part where you're convinced you're not good enough for anyone, which is completley absurd on it's face. recognize this, get help, and you will become the person you want to be.

If it's completely absurd on its face, why has it been 100% true in my experience?

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
oh, you're that stupid loving troll that's a worse jon pop

whatever dipshit, go gently caress yourself and stop spamming the forums with your horrendous threads while you're at it please

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

rabble rabble posted:

whatever dipshit, go gently caress yourself and stop spamming the forums with your horrendous threads while you're at it please

what are you talking about?

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

If your life sucks and its in spite of an honest attempt to improve things, its right to give up because the concept of free will does not exist. People who parrot ideas like mind over matter, psychology, or grim determination are merely fortunate that their body and/or brain hasn't given them a truly lovely burden to deal with - and further more, are wildly disconnected from and unable to perceive the perspective of people like you and me.

Decisions and measures that get you ahead or behind in life are determined by physiological factors that can be very difficult to influence, as is every single health malady - physical or mental. You need to realize when you've lost against the hand nature has dealt you because fighting it will only make you more miserable.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
OP please eat this delicious and def not poisoned cake immediately. because it isn't poison that's why.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

JiveHonky posted:

OP please eat this delicious and def not poisoned cake immediately. because it isn't poison that's why.

why is the blood on the gums and not the tips of the fangs? does this bat have gum disease?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Marv Albert posted:

If your life sucks and its in spite of an honest attempt to improve things, its right to give up because the concept of free will does not exist. People who parrot ideas like mind over matter, psychology, or grim determination are merely fortunate that their body and/or brain hasn't given them a truly lovely burden to deal with - and further more, are wildly disconnected from and unable to perceive the perspective of people like you and me.

Decisions and measures that get you ahead or behind in life are determined by physiological factors that can be very difficult to influence, as is every single health malady - physical or mental. You need to realize when you've lost against the hand nature has dealt you because fighting it will only make you more miserable.

gently caress that attitude though, if someone's gonna beat you to death you drat well make sure you die with their DNA under your fingernails

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

rabble rabble posted:

please stop posting in this thread

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

MiracleWhale posted:

please stop posting in this thread

but hes right?

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax
if you think i'm a troll, can you please at least tell me why? can someone explain to me who jon pop is?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

but hes right?

maybe so but if he's not, it's not a great thing to say to a depressed person

op I don't know what time zone you're in but either today or tomorrow call your psychiatrist and ignore all the other garbage blather in this thread. your psychiatrist will help you

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
if you feeling low and melancoly just listen to some megan trainer song. bam! good times here they are

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

vandalism posted:

I think I have a solution for you, my man.

Kill yourself. But do it in the hardest, most painful and excrutiatingly long way possibly. Live to an old age. Spend your time striving and building, surround yourself with a cultivated network of people you love. Plant a garden and become more self-sustainable. Try to make money in a wholesome and fair way. Educate yourself. Spend time reading. Learn a trade for your hobby and set goals like spend as little money as possible, do one difficult math problem a day, write a page per day or for an hour a day. Soon you won't have time to feel sorry for yourself and you will be improving your life. There's no reason to feel sorry for yourself. Relentlessly and mercilessly improve yourself until the day you die.

don't listen to this guy because his ideas of exciting things sound like things a loving loser would say

hey man don't hang out with Tim, he does wild poo poo like challenge himself to spend as little money as possible

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time
Several times, living is overrated.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
it's not your fault we live in a shallow broken society op - but nobody can give you hope except you.

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax
I really need some sort of hail mary thing to chase after. There's a 99% chance I'll be even worse off than before but hey, no one expected Trump either.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I) thye think youre a black homunculus who is regularly banned for posting about he a small-dicked unlovable loser .

II) dead gay forum denizens jump at the ghosts of posters past

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax
I may be an unlovable loser, but my dick is 5 inches around and 7 inches long.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

yaaaashillary posted:

I really need some sort of hail mary thing to chase after. There's a 99% chance I'll be even worse off than before but hey, no one expected Trump either.

speaking as someone with severe mental health issues and with many loved ones in the same situation - and believe me, the things you're saying are exactly the sort of things I've said myself and heard them say during difficult periods - I'd say that in the short term what you need more urgently is medication

I'm gonna stop posting constantly in this thread since I've said my piece but I sincerely hope you'll take my advice, and that you take it even if, in your current mindset, you're convinced it won't work. I hope you get better and I believe that you can

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

and if I'm being trolled, gj, I'm owned

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Drink Cheerwine posted:

I) thye think youre a black homunculus who is regularly banned for posting about he a small-dicked unlovable loser .

II) dead gay forum denizens jump at the ghosts of posters past

his "mopey turd" act just isnt doing it for me i guess. whether he is jon pop or just an imitation its boring stuff

naem
May 29, 2011

yaaaashillary posted:

Somebody else out there is thinking this exact same thing wondering where you are right now

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
good luck everyone. OP eat the cake its delicious

yaaaashillary
Apr 27, 2016

by Lowtax

MiracleWhale posted:

speaking as someone with severe mental health issues and with many loved ones in the same situation - and believe me, the things you're saying are exactly the sort of things I've said myself and heard them say during difficult periods - I'd say that in the short term what you need more urgently is medication

I'm gonna stop posting constantly in this thread since I've said my piece but I sincerely hope you'll take my advice, and that you take it even if, in your current mindset, you're convinced it won't work. I hope you get better and I believe that you can

i'm already on meds, and everything i have said ITT is 100% true.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

yaaaashillary posted:

i'm already on meds, and everything i have said ITT is 100% true.

argh, why am I still replying. your meds AREN'T WORKING. call your psychiatrist

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

MiracleWhale posted:

go to a psychiatrist and maybe a therapist op you dumbass

this is not a thing

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

yaaaashillary posted:

I may be an unlovable loser, but my dick is 5 inches around and 7 inches long.

Just scrap it for meat product value and get on with things. You are letting it run your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Here's some music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm7vnOC4hoY

• Locked thread