Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Was banned from all competition for a period of 6 years. I didn't even know how she stuck a motor on her bike, but here it is

this is a clip where you see her pedalling up a hill with little effort while everryone else struggles to keep up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOoq8KF_D98

She says she didn't do it and that the bike was some friend's of course. I think the tech itself is fascinating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loP9IA6ozjA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

That is pretty awesome. Also an awesomely long ban. Well done by both the biking committee and the cheater.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
She's from Belgium. That is punishment enough.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They are punishing ingenuity

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Show me where in the rulebook it says a cyclist cant ride a motorcycle!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i thought this was gonna be about steroids or something. goddamn

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
they found out she was on steroids because of her humongous clit!!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
cycling is the neglected middle child between marathons and moto gp

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

s0m3 guy posted:

they found out she was on steroids because of her humongous clit!!

Must be painful just mashin that puppy against the seat all day no wonder she needed a break

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm just trying to get used to the term "mechanical doping"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I really hope this kind of cheating doesn't diffuse into other sports like NASCAR.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

Must be painful just mashin that puppy against the seat all day no wonder she needed a break

new case study: effects of constant near orgasm in athletes during competition

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

s0m3 guy posted:

Why do you think the seats are so small :agesilaus:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
They should buy a motor that helps them get off the drat road and then explodes and they loving die for nothing more than liking something that irritates me slightly.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I remember somebody else got accused of using one a few years back. I don't really see the appeal of e-bikes. Getting yourself home after overdoing it is part of the experience.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

katlington posted:

lol

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Alucard posted:

I really hope this kind of cheating doesn't diffuse into other sports like NASCAR.
It's too late

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Yunick

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Holy poo poo lol.

"He used a basketball in the fuel tank which could be inflated when the car's fuel capacity was checked and deflated for the race."

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

Parallax Scroll posted:

i thought this was gonna be about steroids or something. goddamn

i guess technically the bike was on steroids?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Alucard posted:

its already happening

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wow what an rear end in a top hat.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

drat that guys owns

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If it weren't for the killjoy rulemakers setting limits on things we would probably be podracing by now.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is anybody in the Tour De France not cheating?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Applewhite posted:

lance armstrong (but ballsweak lol)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alucard posted:

NASCAR would be improved with engines imo

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

everyone in the tour de france cheats the french were just mad that armstrong kept beating them at their own game lol

you'd have to search real hard to find a professional spot where there's not cheating/rigging going on. maybe golf?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Robo Reagan posted:

everyone in the tour de france cheats the french were just mad that armstrong kept beating them at their own game lol

you'd have to search real hard to find a professional spot where there's not cheating/rigging going on. maybe golf?

Tiger Woods is a cheater.

naem
May 29, 2011

Those electric assist bike motors tempt me but its too close to an electric tech bro unicycle

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Tiger Woods is a cheater.

:golfclap:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
if they have the technology to do this kind of stuff why don't they comercialize these seamless electric bikes, i would deffo buy one

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

nerdz posted:

if they have the technology to do this kind of stuff why don't they comercialize these seamless electric bikes, i would deffo buy one
You already can, though what you really need to do is harden the gently caress up.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nerdz posted:

You can buy a regular one that has a much better battery for a lot less is why. The Chinese delivery guys in NYC use electric bikes all the time now so they can park them on the sidewalk. You can get one for like 500 on Amazon and if you're a Chinese delivery driver you can buy one from the guy that steals them for probably a hundred bucks.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

katlington posted:

I don't care about cycling but the image of someone in a kawasaki ninja just blasting past a crowd of fools three miles from the finish line to win the grand bike prix after stopping for BBQ ribs is cracking me up.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

naem posted:

Those electric assist bike motors tempt me but its too close to an electric tech bro unicycle

The assist kind are sort of pointless unless you live somewhere with constant ~10 degree gradient hills that go on for miles. By the time you factor in the weight of the motor and wheel assembly and the huge-rear end battery, it's not worth it for the sort of output (200/250w) they produce.

Yes, they make hills a bit easier (hence cheating cross racers with motors) but the rest of the time, for regular road riding or commuting, there's no massive advantage for a rider of mediocre fitness and a positive disadvantage for a fit rider. If you can put out enough power to cruise at 25mph on the flat, what the hell use is a motor that gears out at like 12mph (which most of them do). It's honestly easier and less hassle just to get better at hills.

Now, something with two 1000w hub motors and a lot of battery that will do 60mph everywhere and you can recharge at work for free would be awesome, in the sense of being a really cheap, really economical small motorcycle.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

s0m3 guy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dslxTj_uUwM

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
But is she hot? I can't believe this thread is still missing such crucial info.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
would have been cooler if she secretly installed a hidden 2 stroke engine with a full pipe and then braaaapppppppppd past the snooty competition with plenty time to stop to smoke a J and get some waffles. at least thats what i would do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcqxKChraGg

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 27, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
loving belgian pedophiles have once again ruined the fine sport of bicycling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Parallax Scroll posted:

drat that guys owns

best finish: 147th