Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

2-0 Chicago at the half.

That was a very boring half of soccer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hello Towel posted:

2-0 Chicago at the half.

That was a very boring half of soccer.

You should watch NE/Philly, extra time is about to start.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

SeaTard posted:

You should watch NE/Philly, extra time is about to start.

I'm at the game, and the phone data isn't worth it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
GG Caldwell

e: GG Sapong

e2: NE advances on PKs 4-2. Philly's attempts reminded me of the Copa final.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 21, 2016

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Chicago wins 3-0.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seattle's lineup consists of the rotting corpses of Herculez Gomez and Zach Scott along with a bunch of dudes I'm not even sure are able to legally drink in this country.

LA has Nigel de Jong.

Seattle's gonna finish this game with only 8 on the field, I know it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wow, Leonardo hosed up at the top of his box and Michael Farfan (who I honestly forgot we had) beats the keeper 1v1.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
That giveaway by Leonardo was incredible.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seattle/LA knotted at 1, 2nd half about to start.

If you're having trouble picking which team to root for, consider this: when LA scored their goal, the PA started playing "Seven Nation Army". That should be all the reason you need to root for Seattle.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

HERC!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:wtc: Scott?

Fucker basically copied Leonardo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seattle forgets how to defend entirely, LA up 4-2 at 88'

e: At least de Jong didn't kill anyone.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 21, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/opencup/status/756148155742167041
https://twitter.com/opencup/status/756149304910229508

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

There's basically no way we get through New England unless they rest a bunch of players, but hosting a cup final in Bridgeview would be pretty awesome. I remember the last time that happened.

Pikal
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

Hello Towel posted:

There's basically no way we get through New England unless they rest a bunch of players, but hosting a cup final in Bridgeview would be pretty awesome. I remember the last time that happened.

They face each other in MLS play tomorrow so we'll get a taste of what to expect for the USOC.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Chicago's season comes down to the game on Tuesday.

Our chances in the league are zero. Our attempts in the transfer market are embarrassing. We are, without a doubt, the dumbest, worst team in MLS.

Please don't get embarrassed. :(

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Hello Towel posted:

We are, without a doubt, the dumbest, worst team in MLS

I'll take your bet. You're gonna regret cause we're the worst that's ever been.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Neither of you two root for Columbus though :confused:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress you new England

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
God bless Davey Accam

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

cool, great, tie it up and then give up a stupid goal off a corner 60 seconds later

I hate my stupid team

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Some seriously MLS defending up in this game. It should be 5-1 and I've only been watching for 20 minutes.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

What the gently caress is Heaps wearing

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I think he just came from a little prematch golf

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
What the gently caress, red?

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Come on David, if you're gonna get sent off, actually hit someone. Rowe has always been an rear end.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Can't even say "Micky Mouse Cup"

poo poo

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Well that's the end of the Fire season, I am so numbed to the fire now that I don't even care more. That is something I never thought would happen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I wish that game had been at Harvard. Did anyone go to foxboro on a loving Tuesday for this?

Also where's the final?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I think in Foxboro since whoever won tonight would host the final.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/opencup/status/763197462203031553

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Thanks!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

LA-DAL has had a couple good saves and the worst goddamn corner kick from Dallas which led to one of their CBs picking up a yellow on the ensuing counter (which could have been a red because it was a two-legged tackle).

Other than that, ZzZzZzZzZz

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh so now the keeper grabbing the attacking player's leg in the box is a PK at StubHub Center.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

Oh so now the keeper grabbing the attacking player's leg in the box is a PK at StubHub Center.

God drat it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And Dallas levels it at 116' on a corner.

The real winners of this game? SKC and Colorado.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DALLAS WINS AT THE DEATH!

GET hosed LA!

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

FC Dallas & NE Revolution to meet in US Open Cup final on September 13

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/08/19/fc-dallas-ne-revolution-meet-us-open-cup-final-september-13

The 2016 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup final between FC Dallas and New England Revolution will be played on Tuesday, September 13, with kick off set for 10 pm ET. The match will be broadcast nationally in the United States on ESPN2 and Univision Deportes Network for the second straight year.

FC Dallas will host the final at Toyota Stadium by virtue of finishing ahead of the Revolution in the Hosting Priority Draw, held on July 21 at Soccer House in Chicago.

I am shocked to see the Revs get this far; their current form in MLS play is pretty shocking, but maybe they can turn things around by September 13. Revs trophy cabinet is pretty lonely with just one US Open cup and a...ah...one Superliga trophy.....so maybe Revs can salvage something from this season. Maybe.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Do over Ham posted:

I am shocked to see the Revs get this far; their current form in MLS play is pretty shocking, but maybe they can turn things around by September 13. Revs trophy cabinet is pretty lonely with just one US Open cup and a...ah...one Superliga trophy.....so maybe Revs can salvage something from this season. Maybe.

Isn't that one Superliga more than the Dallas trophy case has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Hungryjack posted:

Isn't that one Superliga more than the Dallas trophy case has?

That's right, rub the Revs fans noses in it. :argh:

• Locked thread