Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Looking forward to my teams (Rowdies and Revs) going absolutely nowhere in their cup runs again this year. #COYR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Aggro posted:

Detroit City beat the Michigan Bucks 4-3 on penalties after new keeper Evan Louro makes two saves. Their first USOC win ever.

Edit: The fans are cool and good.

Before the kick:

"Shut the gently caress up!" :argh:

After the kick:

....flare smoke....

"Everybody drive home safely."

"Oh, we will." :smug:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Tampa Bay Rowdies are offering free tickets to the Wednesday night, June 1st US Open Cup match against FC Cincinnati at Al Lang in St. Pete.

Given the difficulty getting people to drive across the bridge to St. Pete on a weeknight, this is a smart move. Might as well see if they can attract a decent sized midweek crowd to Al Lang for a change.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Tampa Bay Rowdies 1-0 FC Cincinnati full time.

Rowdies travel to Columbus Crew in the next round.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

CaptainYesterday posted:

Winner gets the Peter Wilt Trophy?

Winner gets Peter Wilt.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Ralph's Mob tifosi utilizing one of my favorite Rodney Marsh images.

NASL is doing better against USL in US Open Cup competition this year.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

King of False Promises posted:

Poor Miami and Rayo. It's a good change from last year, though.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

How to loaf, creatively. Apparently drinking is involved. An explanation of the US Open Cup. And how to earn a lifetime ban from the St. Pete police.

quote:

Rowdies advance in 103rd US Open Cup

A saga of beer, singing, and soccer.

http://www.cltampa.com/arts-entertainment/sports/article/20781594/rowdieswinlamarhunt

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Hello Towel posted:

It's called the Schlabst Cup and it's staying in Chicago.

Hmmm....I can always rely on my fellow soccer goons to expand my beer knowledge. :beerpal:

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wilt

He is also known as the Patron Saint of The Highbury, a sports bar in Milwaukee where he is known to appear frequently, where he invented Schlabst, Milwaukee's Black and Tan. A mixture of bottled Schlitz beer and canned Pabst, poured into a pint glass.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Fucitol posted:

i was promised over hyped and current soccer embarrassment freddy adu

instead i am treated with rookie superdraft "players" dunking on what everyone expects from nasl talent

sad

Adu has not suited up for a Rowdies NASL or US Open Cup match this year - not just is he not a starter, he's not even on the bench. Fortunately they are paying him next to nothing.

Lightning delay for both the Columbus and Carolina matches; Rowdies getting blown out but Revs still 0-0. So I still have at least one dog in this fight.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

camoseven posted:

Would NASL teams be doing better if they weren't exhausted from finishing their season this weekend? Or would MLS teams have taken it more seriously and started better lineups?

Also it looks like the OKC Energy are taking FC Dallas to extra time, wow!

In addition to just finishing the NASL spring season, the MLS teams are just coming off of a two week break for Copa America. So, I assume that the MLS teams are not only well rested but can play their better players if needed, due to the time off? Just speculating.

I feel bad for the Ralph's Mobsters who drove 16 hours last night/this morning/this afternoon to be at the game in Columbus Ohio. Long drive for a pretty bad performance.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/06/29/watch-new-york-cosmos-vs-new-england-revolution-us-open-cup-livestream

Revs just tied it up 2-2 vs. Cosmos at 75th minute.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Looks like the Revs won 3-2.

On the one hand, yay Revs.

On the other hand, oh well NASL.

On the third hand, gently caress the Cosmos.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

My night is not totally wasted: Strikers 2-1 over Orlando City. Uck Forlando.

Well done Strikers. Upholding the honor of the NASL for one more round.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

FC Dallas & NE Revolution to meet in US Open Cup final on September 13

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/08/19/fc-dallas-ne-revolution-meet-us-open-cup-final-september-13

The 2016 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup final between FC Dallas and New England Revolution will be played on Tuesday, September 13, with kick off set for 10 pm ET. The match will be broadcast nationally in the United States on ESPN2 and Univision Deportes Network for the second straight year.

FC Dallas will host the final at Toyota Stadium by virtue of finishing ahead of the Revolution in the Hosting Priority Draw, held on July 21 at Soccer House in Chicago.

I am shocked to see the Revs get this far; their current form in MLS play is pretty shocking, but maybe they can turn things around by September 13. Revs trophy cabinet is pretty lonely with just one US Open cup and a...ah...one Superliga trophy.....so maybe Revs can salvage something from this season. Maybe.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Hungryjack posted:

Isn't that one Superliga more than the Dallas trophy case has?

That's right, rub the Revs fans noses in it. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Good old #NERevs always getting to the final and then crushing my hopes and dreams like a bug. Never fails. :allears:

• Locked thread