Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i pleadge allegiance to a fag

Hear that, OP? You have an army now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
an army of one

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

in canada we have to declare our loyalty to the duck that was voted 'handsomest duck' in the previous year or we're not allowed to learn anything

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The only thing that resembles this ritual that I've seen was when I was a small boy and it was still Soviet Union, we had something similar in school. It went away and now the only country who does is the US and maybe N. Korea I suppose

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

loquacius posted:

basically this

like, if you spend time thinking about it it's weird and pseudo-fascist but it doesn't really affect anyone
yeah its like the confederate flag. it doesnt mean the south is racist and the pledge of allegiance doesnt mean americans are gonna vote in a pseudo-fascist president or start a war every 5 years.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mercrom posted:

yeah its like the confederate flag. it doesnt mean the south is racist and the pledge of allegiance doesnt mean americans are gonna vote in a pseudo-fascist president or start a war every 5 years.

yeah, I mean, all of those things are true, they're just not related to the flag poo poo

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I like how it associates patriotism with following a script and being authoritarian.

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 27, 2016

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
it BRAINWASH our CHILDREN to do what a FLAG SAY

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

yeah but the pledge gives you a chance to be all smug and edgy in high school when you skip the "under god" part and say the rest of pledge out of sync with the class

I had a teacher who did this, except his thing was replacing part of the last line with "and justice for some."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
When are religious people going to take a stand against the pledge? The flag is a false idol!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

paul_soccer10 posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A FLAG INTO THE FLAG. ITS USA FLAG AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, FLAG. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME COMMIE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS FLAG. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE FLAG JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY FLAg
:yeah:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Reciting pledges every morning at school is some real YA dystopia poo poo

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

Reciting pledges every morning at school is some real YA dystopia poo poo

nah it's great. there's a couple of states where students aren't allowed to opt out either. take that you petulant shits

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
salute your shorts, imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you substitute all instances of the words "flag", "America", "republic", "nation", "God", "liberty", and "justice" with the word "Hitler" it starts to sound pretty unsettling IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

the best way to protect the united states against communism, the enemy of freedom, is to force everyone to take loyalty oaths on a daily basis, imo

• Locked thread