Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chili: Beans or No Beans?
Beans
No Beans
View Results

• Locked thread
Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Wikkheiser posted:

Chili without beans was invented by illiterate cowboys who ate their horses on the trail after getting lost.

In fact, heating up food was invented by illiterate prehistoric men, too. Maybe being illiterate is the key to coming up with great ideas in the food sector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epileptic Monkey
Jan 9, 2014

The man called M posted:

Chili - Beans = SOUP

Soup is not Chili.

:colbert:

Does this mean that if I add beans to soup it becomes chili?

What about minestrone soup, is it a chili because it has beans in it?

These are the questions that need answers people.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
beanless chili is certainly real chili. it is just inferior to chili with beans, is all. it isnt like a single person invented the one true version of spicy meat stew and then people all over the world stole and corrupted this platonic ideal. unrelated people can independently create similar recipes and do so all the time.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
No beans in chili?

do you have your mom cut the crusts off your PB&J too, you loving children?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Both are good. No bean chili on my dogs and fries but I want some dang beans in there if I'm eatin' it in a bowl!!!!

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Serious Frolicking posted:

beanless chili is certainly real chili. it is just inferior to chili with beans, is all. it isnt like a single person invented the one true version of spicy meat stew and then people all over the world stole and corrupted this platonic ideal. unrelated people can independently create similar recipes and do so all the time.

I disagree. In fact I think that the idea of a chili does exist independently from all physical manifestations of itself. And it contains plenty of platonic beans.

naem
May 29, 2011

Ibogaine posted:

I disagree. In fact I think that the idea of a chili does exist independently from all physical manifestations of itself. And it contains plenty of platonic beans.

I disagree I think some of those beans are loving

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

goons don't like delicious fiber in bean form and also poo poo themselves on the reg

coincidence??

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

naem posted:

I disagree I think some of those beans are loving

Now everytime I'll eat a chilli I will feel like I am bringing an orgy to a gruesome end.

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine

Trojan.exe posted:

Beans are loving gross. Anyone who likes beans clearly has a deer droppings fetish. :barf:

How did you even....?

Tell us more about poops in your mouth.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

kecske posted:

goons don't like delicious fiber in bean form and also poo poo themselves on the reg

coincidence??

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
OP should consult GWS about this.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That question doesn't make any sense. By definition if you add beans it isn't chili.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Germstore posted:

That question doesn't make any sense. By definition if you add beans it isn't chili.

Where's this supposed definition? Does it come from your :butt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine

ExtraQuiet posted:

I ate some chili in Cincinnati that looked like if Kansas City BBQ took a beershit in a change cup.

No beans in that chili, nope.

• Locked thread