Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/04/27/city-police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting/

quote:

It happened around 4 p.m. Wednesday at Baltimore and Aisquith streets, near the McKim Community Center.

The police commissioner says a young man was carrying what appeared to be a gun in his hand. It was actually a replica semi-automatic pistol.

When two officers approached the boy, he tried to flee on foot.

An officer then discharged his weapon, striking the young man.

The boy’s mother told police he left home with what she described as a BB gun in his hand.

apparently it happened during an event meant to mark the one year anniversary of the riots after freddie gray's death, too

baltimore is gonna burn to the ground, just watch

RISCy Business fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:ocelot:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

brawltimore

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Why would yoi let your son go out in the streets with a bb gun in his hand

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
a tragedy to be sure but GBS is talking about fat shaming today

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Mange Mite posted:

triggered already goddamn

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

just like in the hit show "the wire"

when will american learn

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
With all the African-Americans shot lately we wonder here in Europe if you got any left???!!!???

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im glad they stopped hte bad guy

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Isn't that what happened to Carl Winslow in Die Hard?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Tricky D posted:

yeah

maybe this guy will help bruce willis stop terrorists in a tall building one day

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
ayy im walking here lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tbqh i kind of expect there to be a low constant thrum of gunfire in baltimore at all times so

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Parallax Scroll posted:

yeah

maybe this guy will help bruce willis stop terrorists in a tall building one day

Hopefully, the officer involved will find himself in the middle of such a crisis so that he will have the opportunity for personal growth. #overcome #blacklivesmatter

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here's some advice for everybody. If you're black, don't carry something that looks like a gun. Unless you want to end up on the news.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Here's some advice for everybody. don't carry something that looks like a gun. Unless you want to end up on the news.

ftfy

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Just don't be black.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
Yeah my first instinct when I see a non-white person with something in their hands is to LIGHT THE FUCKER UP YEAAAH DIE NIGGA DIE YEAH DIE DIE DIE

Because that's what Jesus would have wanted.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i dont care about this OP

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Just don't be black.

Words of wisdom from ReagaNOMNOMicks

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No, white people can conceal and carry and not get shot by the police.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
All I know about Baltimore is people are mad there is no CVS anymore. It got burned down or something.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if the officer feared for his life it's ok

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Wow...a tragic ownage. My heart goes out this failson's family

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
dont feel too bad for this poo poo bird i read he killed a duck trying to get it drunk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

All I know about Baltimore is people are mad there is no CVS anymore. It got burned down or something.

it reopened so its ready to loot once again

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

completely shocked a kid with a realistic looking toy gun got shot when running from police, who could have seen this tragedy coming

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Uh, I'm guessing there will be no protests tonight, because all the protestors have to work tomorrow morning.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he was a black child in baltimore. it would be incredibly strange if he didnt run from the police, given the baltimore pd's documented enthusiasm for shooting black children. the bb gun just gave them the vague excuse necessary to shoot him in the back. carrying a gun is not a crime punishable by death, carrying a toy gun is not a crime at all and it would never have happened to a white kid.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

i guess play time's ... over

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Omar comin'

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Tricky D posted:

The difference is Carl Winslow in Die Hard felt bad about it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Nation posted:

triggered already goddamn

they sure did

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
they voted for :shillary: so gently caress em they are dead i am alive (and i dont care)

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
let's have a thread about every shooting in America

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Lord Binky posted:

let's have a thread about every shooting in America

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Mange Mite posted:

boys will be boys, dont sit there and say you werent carrying a gun by the time you were 11 cause we both know thats a lie

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
the officer feared for his life

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
more like pauly shore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

boys will be boys, dont sit there and say you werent carrying a gun by the time you were 11 cause we both know thats a lie

i wouldnt have run from the cops with my bb gun in hand. you're retarded if you don't treat cops like they're nervous horses with guns

• Locked thread