Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
predominantly
mainly; for the most part.

synonyms: mainly, mostly, for the most part, chiefly, principally, primarily, predominately, in the main, on the whole, largely, by and large, typically, generally, usually

doesn't excuse the rampant racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Can't tell if ironic or sincere.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Germstore posted:

Can't tell if ironic or sincere.

futramafry.meme

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pitbulls should kill more babies because babies are terrible creatures

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SurfaceDetail posted:

Honestly I think the whole "pit bulls are bad and their owners are bad" is racist.

You are basically saying black people shouldn't be able to own dogs as they predominantly get these breeds.

hosed up

:ssh: I rescue and rehab pitbulls, Most people really shouldnt own them, they are pretty powerful, and can be pretty drat dangerous around other animals, small or old people until they develop mouth control, and it takes a good while. I havent ever bought one, all of mine are rehabs that had really lovely owners, and they usually have been skinny tiny white people in apartments that shouldnt have a loving dog over 2 pounds, much less a more advanced larger breed.

oh poo poo its GBS, nvm

murderdogs are bad and so are babies.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

SneakyFrog posted:

:ssh: I rescue and rehab pitbulls, Most people really shouldnt own them, they are pretty powerful, and can be pretty drat dangerous around other animals, small or old people until they develop mouth control, and it takes a good while. I havent ever bought one, all of mine are rehabs that had really lovely owners, and they usually have been skinny tiny white people in apartments that shouldnt have a loving dog over 2 pounds, much less a more advanced larger breed.

oh poo poo its GBS, nvm

murderdogs are bad and so are babies.
Yes, this is what I'm dealing with.
So how do I get rid of the murderdog, diplomatically?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

The Bananana posted:

Allow him to die honorably on the field of battle. Theres probably a playground near you.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

Look at my fearsome murder cats.

Got real killers over here!

e: I think I accidentally posted an actual cat the first time.

Cats decimate bird populations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Bananana posted:

well if you are serious, there are a lot of rescues that can help you out depending on your area. Dr google may assist in this regard.

why did you get a murderdog in an apartment you weirdo goon. If its a standard pitbull and its young your apartment must be all kindsa hosed up.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

Don't worry these little guys eat hooved animals such as gazelles.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

SHISHKABOB posted:

yea but who gives a poo poo about some birds

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SurfaceDetail posted:

yea but who gives a poo poo about some birds

yeah birds are pretty annoying.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
waaaaa my car has 10% less bird poo poo on it. loving cats.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

waaaaa my car has 10% less bird poo poo on it. loving cats.

mind boggling at the first time "decimate" has ever been used properly on the internet. it warms my pedantic little heart.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

SneakyFrog posted:

well if you are serious, there are a lot of rescues that can help you out depending on your area. Dr google may assist in this regard.

why did you get a murderdog in an apartment you weirdo goon. If its a standard pitbull and its young your apartment must be all kindsa hosed up.

No no, it's not me, it's the dumb broad I've recently started boning, and it kinda sucks that I like her, cause if we start dating, (or worse), the dog is part of the deal. And it's only a year old. Not going to die for at least a decade.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Bananana posted:

No no, it's not me, it's the dumb broad I've recently started boning, and it kinda sucks that I like her, cause if we start dating, (or worse), the dog is part of the deal. And it's only a year old. Not going to die for at least a decade.

not with that attitude it won't

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Knock her up and then show her the news story.

I had to "downsize" my dog when my wife got preggo, he was like 14 and senile with balls and teeth though =(

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Bananana posted:

oh poo poo. Yeah i inherited a rottweiler that way once. bummer.

well good news if its a year old the hyper destruction is on a downswing if you have managed to get any training into it.

bad news, any bad habits the dog has by this age are going to be an absolute fucker to get rid of.

but yeah unless its a serious expansive apartment they are usually way too small.

I have around 2 acres for the dogs to run on and sometimes that seems too small for the speed those fuckers get going some times.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Germstore posted:

mind boggling at the first time "decimate" has ever been used properly on the internet. it warms my pedantic little heart.

Only a simpering retard could use it incorrectly. The meaning is in the word itself.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

Only a simpering retard could use it incorrectly. The meaning is in the word itself.

In common usage I've literally never heard it used for anything besides completely destroy. I do not use it even correctly for that reason. If you use it and expect people to know what it actually means then you should be decamated (that means destroyed ten times).

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
lol if you think outside cats only eat birds and dont decimiate the ecosystem around them.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Cats are part of the ecosystem. And the ecosystem isn't a thing that cares what is or isn't living in it. Its like caring about invasive species or where we put garbage. Mother Gaia doesn't exist or give a poo poo. Only simpering retards care about that.

Honestly though if you care about too many cats just release all the pitbulls and they'll help with the cat population

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Germstore posted:

In common usage I've literally never heard it used for anything besides completely destroy. I do not use it even correctly for that reason. If you use it and expect people to know what it actually means then you should be decamated (that means destroyed ten times).

It means both, dork

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

incoming prescriptivist vs descriptivist slap fight

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

SurfaceDetail posted:

Cats are part of the ecosystem. And the ecosystem isn't a thing that cares what is or isn't living in it. Its like caring about invasive species or where we put garbage. Mother Gaia doesn't exist or give a poo poo. Only simpering retards care about that.

Honestly though if you care about too many cats just release all the pitbulls and they'll help with the cat population

not going to get all philosphical about what constitutes ruining an ecosystem but

you'd only need like 1-2 pits per neighborhood overran by cats. my baby snookums took one down in less than a second

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SurfaceDetail posted:

sometimes this is not true unfortunately, cats are assholes.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

SneakyFrog posted:

sometimes this is not true unfortunately, cats are assholes.

The second you forget to feed that dog that cat is history.

Its kind of like how they put regular fish in a shark tank. The regular fish usually live.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
dogs dont kill cats because they are hungry for food

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SurfaceDetail posted:

The second you forget to feed that dog that cat is history.

Its kind of like how they put regular fish in a shark tank. The regular fish usually live.

cat is already history from old age at 18.

and that dog used to be terrified of the cat which was about the funniest thing.

honestly the hound dog is more hostile to the remaining cats.

and the little pit is just all bambi on ice around the house so couldnt catch a cat on the hardwood floors if she wanted to.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I find it interesting that they're allowed to reclaim the animal. I know it was a freak accident but I'd assume that it would be mandatory to euthanize it since it killed a baby.

Also wonder what happens if they give it up to a shelter/pound. Would said place be legally obligated to tell anyone trying to give the dog a home that it killed someone before? Or would they just be like yeah no it's a nice dog just don't cough or he'll bite your head off *winks*

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ginette Reno posted:

I find it interesting that they're allowed to reclaim the animal. I know it was a freak accident but I'd assume that it would be mandatory to euthanize it since it killed a baby.

Also wonder what happens if they give it up to a shelter/pound. Would said place be legally obligated to tell anyone trying to give the dog a home that it killed someone before? Or would they just be like yeah no it's a nice dog just don't cough or he'll bite your head off *winks*

Babies aren't "someone" they're babies lol idiot.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ginette Reno posted:

holy poo poo they gave the dog back :psyduck:

loving negligent as poo poo.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

holy poo poo they gave the dog back :psyduck:

loving negligent as poo poo.

I don't think they took the dog back yet but the article in the OP mentioned that if the dog doesn't have rabies the owners can take it back. I imagine they won't since it killed their lil baby.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't think they took the dog back yet but the article in the OP mentioned that if the dog doesn't have rabies the owners can take it back. I imagine they won't since it killed their lil baby.

yeah but baby was a few days old they've had the dog for awhile so idk

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Smash it Smash hit posted:

yeah but baby was a few days old they've had the dog for awhile so idk

if they did have the dog for a while its not socialized at all and anything that jumpy is a nightmare waiting to happen.

I'm not a putting animals to sleep kinda guy but Id euth that one for sure.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
yeah but c'mon - the odds of it eating TWO babies have got to be pretty drat slim

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Baxter posted:

yeah but c'mon - the odds of it eating TWO babies have got to be pretty drat slim

I laughed at that one so i guess im way more horrible than i thought.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
As I said in the other thread, just give the babies 2 guns, and maybe the pitbulls 2 guns, or 3 and everyone will be safe.

Dogs get an extra gun because they can't reload fast.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Baxter posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Wtf, really?! No one's gonna volunteer to "take care" of my pitbull problem? Seriously?

Wow. You'd think there'd be a healthy and lucrative dog-murder-for-hire industry in the US.

*sigh*

We deserve Trump.

• Locked thread