Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
how are we going to preserve the privileges of the upper class without laws? geez you dont even think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
We should have two zones, one with laws and one without them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

noctambulous nebab posted:

how do you have a lawless zone without a law declaring it lawless?

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Rutibex posted:

how do you have a lawless zone without a law declaring it lawless?

That law is only recognized in the lawful zone.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Fear and Sodomy in the Lawless Kingdom.

No one is allowed to steal this btw. It is mine. I made it.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Nathilus posted:

Fear and Sodomy in the Lawless Kingdom.

No one is allowed to steal this btw. It is mine. I made it.

I concur, of course, as a law-abiding citizen who recognizes the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary Works. But....*steps into the lawless zone*

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Laws should be outlawed, IMO.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

genesplicer posted:

I'm happy with laws. They prevent your boss from telling you to work for 24 hours then breaking your knees and chaining you to your work station so you can't leave until you finished every little bit of your work, plus the work of Fred, who wised up and left the country before they could catch him.

If your boss did that then that is where you would be right now. Checkmate laws.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

noctambulous nebab posted:

This already describes every major city/inner city though?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

This already describes every major city/inner city though?

gangs are just null-sec alliances?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I do not wish to create joinder with this thread

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

DrPlump posted:

Perfect example of the problem I am talking about. They made the first law but for some reason people get upset when someone is murdered and try to unmurder them by passing a new law. That particular type of bad law is "feelz based" law. Another example of that kind of law is welfare programs.

are you actually this dumb in real life or is this just an act for time forums? there's no way you could actually try and argue this point in earnest

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Germstore posted:

more like lowsec.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Germstore posted:

null-sec is like the african congo, where hardcore alliances control all of the rare minerals. inner cities are low-sec, maybe a 0.2-0.3

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabble rabble posted:

are you actually this dumb in real life or is this just an act for time forums? there's no way you could actually try and argue this point in earnest

Do you really think passing a law that says "everyone must have food and college for free" will just magically make their be food and colleges for them?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
We only need one law, anyway: against theft. Yeah, you can't steal a car.... but graffiti is the theft of the time someone has to clean it. Murder is theft of life. Rape is theft of services (wink).

Bullshit laws like speed limits are revenue generators about something bad that MIGHT happen, not something you have done.

Theft is the only real crime. Disband Congress, we don't need a hundred new laws a day.

Maybe a law against trespassing. I don't want those kids on my lawn. They litter, stealing the time I have to gather energy drink cans before I can mow.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

You just stole the time it took to read your bad post and I hope you are summarily executed for your act of robbery

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Best Giraffe posted:

You just stole the time it took to read your bad post and I hope you are summarily executed for your act of robbery

Zing!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
im the thousands of laws that dont apply to hillary clinton or the nephews of the cop who pulls him over

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

If the only choice is LAWS or NO LAWS then I'm cool with laws because "threat of jail" is the only thing keeping most people from shooting their boss in the face and making GBS threads on his grave.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

DrPlump posted:

Do you really think passing a law that says "everyone must have food and college for free" will just magically make their be food and colleges for them?

Passing a law that says "don't kill people" doesn't magically make police or courts or prisons appear either. Maybe laws are bullshit after all?!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I consent to every law, except for the ones I've broken

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
I know, it's like, maybe I want to travel at velocities faster than the speed of light. Maybe I want to have mass but not necessarily exert a gravitational force proportional to that mass onto other bodies of mass, you know?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stuffguyman posted:

I know, it's like, maybe I want to travel at velocities faster than the speed of light. Maybe I want to have mass but not necessarily exert a gravitational force proportional to that mass onto other bodies of mass, you know?

Passing a law that says "don't exert gravitational force" doesn't magically make police or courts or prisons appear either. Maybe laws are bullshit after all?!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i fought the law and i won because the flag in the courthouse didnt have a gold trim

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i jogged a 5k in a little over 30 minutes and then drove in my car to little caesars to eat a whole 5 dollar pizza and sauce for less than 6 dollars.

now i am on the toilet and my nuts are sopping wet. like a thin sheen of nut juice. and the itch...unbearable. do you know what i am saying OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Mozi posted:

i fought the law and i won because the flag in the courthouse had gold trim

ftfy

• Locked thread