Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Ein cooler Typ posted:

When I say badass, it means, they are rude on most people, often angry for no reason, they are boastful, they like drink too much and smokes, they have tattoos.
And they all own pit bulls.

Poor people loving love pit bulls for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

www posted:

you better be scared of them because when the time comes they will be holding the guns and you will be on the wall

naem
May 29, 2011

Poor people are "actually surviving"

they aren't putting on an act after considering the cultural implications of their appearance or behavior and selecting from multiple options having decided what works best because they are too exhausted or scared or just don't know very well how to introspect having never been taught or had the opportunity to learn

Life is boredom and deprivation, or constant hard physical labor, at best, and at worst its "not surviving" which is a real option they face, each day

It sounds like it's not something you are capable of comprehending O.P.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Back in eighth (this is the weirdest word ever, fyi, eighth, yuck) grade there was this kid that lived in a trailer with his poo poo family and he was just a miserable oval office to every person alive. So one day I jacked him in the side of the head with a football while he was riding by on his bike and he fell off and cried then we got in a fight on my neighbors driveway.

That kid was so weak and his face felt so soft on my fists, it was a huge confidence builder just fantastic. If I was his dad I probably would have beat him all the time too.

Anyhow, I think he's in prison now.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
they were bullied their entire lives for being so woefully inadequate in a class centric society that rewards the fortunate ones who were born on third base and think they hit a triple and uses the poor as food for their whatevee gently caress you op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was born on first and then advanced to third on a pickoff error and scored on a balk

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i was born an outfielder and i just kinda day dream and stare at the ground and on the rare occasion someone hits a ball out there i just kinda shrug and let it thud on the grass

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
on the other hand, watch any show on MTV to see rich-parents-having assholes acting exactly as described in the op

Its not poors, its tools. Being a tool transcends class

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
I think you meant to say "why do poor people want to be piiiiiisssssssssssss"

piiiiiisssssssssssss is what that guy said

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

the piiiiiiiissssssss must flow

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

naem posted:

Poor people are "actually surviving"

they aren't putting on an act after considering the cultural implications of their appearance or behavior and selecting from multiple options having decided what works best because they are too exhausted or scared or just don't know very well how to introspect having never been taught or had the opportunity to learn

Life is boredom and deprivation, or constant hard physical labor, at best, and at worst its "not surviving" which is a real option they face, each day

It sounds like it's not something you are capable of comprehending O.P.

Pretty much what naem said, op. You gotta be badass to survive at the bottom of the barrel. Choosing not to be badass at all times is a privilege of the bourgeoisie.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dza posted:

Wouldn't you be angry if you were poor?

Maybe they're poor because they're angry.

naem
May 29, 2011

Acting "badass" is a way of maintaining yourself psychologically since allowing any depression to slip into your mental state would be quickly fatal

I'm really enjoying the show "Vikings" about a bunch of illiterate hicks trying to better themselves by driving around in a boat robbing each other, getting bad haircuts and tattoos, and chopping each other's faces off with a hatchet and rubbing berry juice on their head and going "unga bunga" it's a refreshing change from staring at a glowing rectangle in an air conditioned office for 8 hours

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
fixed:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe: