Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSAiI3xMh4

How hyped are you for this movie on a scale from 1 - 10.

1 being "Snowden is a traitor" and 10 being "I'm a libertarian."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Looks insanely lame

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
will the movie include the rape charges ?lmao

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I already saw Citizenfour so I think this is maybe unnecessary?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ScrubLeague posted:

I already saw Citizenfour so I think this is maybe unnecessary?

uhm pretty sure citizenfour doesnt have rad action scenes and tricky rubricks cube stunts

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I really don't want to see that trailer but I have a horrible feeling that this age of information will force it unwittingly upon me at some point.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
And Stan Lee as Vladimir Putin.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

SHISHKABOB posted:

I really don't want to see that trailer but I have a horrible feeling that this age of information will force it unwittingly upon me at some point.

Sad Snowden in the military:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ahundredbux posted:

will the movie include the rape charges ?lmao

that was Asange

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

How do you gently caress up something so simple like this? Because this looks BAD.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

FIRST TIME posted:

that was Asange

my friend have u ever seen them in the same room??

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ahundredbux posted:

my friend have u ever seen them in the same room??

holy loving poo poo

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Wow I just watched the trailer and this movie looks loving terrible.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think this will be the only Joseph Gordon-Levitt I skip watching

That said, I'll probably end up watching it

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
the time interval between the actual event and the inevitable movie adaptation is getting dangerously small, imo.

pretty soon there'll be movies coming out depicting events that haven't actually happened yet!

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Rather they made a movie about Chelsea Manning. It would be hard(er) to make a cookie-cutter paint-by-numbers thriller movie about Manning.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I hope it has a scene where Obama gets really mad and steam comes out of his ears as a whistle plays.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

xutech posted:

How do you gently caress up something so simple like this? Because this looks BAD.

Why don't you tell us? You're the one who fucks everything up.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I like government spying on people.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Snowden didn't go work for the CIA, he went and sold anime body pillows for a living and probably tried them all out multiple times. Oliver Stone is a retard and probably doesn't know the difference.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cnut the Great posted:

the time interval between the actual event and the inevitable movie adaptation is getting dangerously small, imo.

pretty soon there'll be movies coming out depicting events that haven't actually happened yet!

How else will we know what to think about things?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Blowden

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So long as it includes his "transition" im gonna see it :drac:

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Hahahaha oh my gosh this looks terrible. Like, I figured it would be bad, but this almost looks like they're intentionally making it forced and awkward. Like it could be a Tim and Eric sketch. Kept waiting for James Quall to show up.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

So long as it includes his "transition" im gonna see it :drac:

for the last drat time manning =/= snowden

that that tantrum throwing chucklefuck is constantly being compared to snowden is just another reason millenials should be destroyed

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
realtalk i want a dorner movie. im thinkin forrest whittaker. make it happen hollywood!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

for the last drat time manning =/= snowden

that that tantrum throwing chucklefuck is constantly being compared to snowden is just another reason millenials should be destroyed

Dont forget accused rapist

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mange Mite posted:

Dont forget convicted rapist

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I'd love if this was just a 2 hour movie of Edward Snowden in some lovely Russian apartment getting gang hosed by a myriad of Chinese and Russian men wearing Obama masks and every time one of them cums he's like, "Oh yeah spill all your secrets baby." I would go see that movie at least 3 times.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i can see just from the preview thumbnail that actor is taller than the random guy standing behind him which has already ruined my immersion

snowden is like 5'2"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

rezatahs posted:

i can see just from the preview thumbnail that actor is taller than the random guy standing behind him which has already ruined my immersion

snowden is like 5'2"

Who cares how tall he is that really has no bearing on what he did. He could have been 4'5" and still accomplished the same thing.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Mange Mite posted:

Dont forget accused rapist

he's probably guilty but also in america what he did probably isnt even a crime

what's really crazy though is that swedish prisons have much better living conditions for long-term stays than the embassy he's holed up in

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Only in America can you whistleblow evil poo poo and still get hosed in the rear end.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

notZaar posted:

Who cares how tall he is that really has no bearing on what he did. He could have been 4'5" and still accomplished the same thing.

exactly. but still it would be empowering to pee-wee men everywhere to know you can be a 100lbs little nothing and still annoy an empire into ruining your life forever.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

eSports Chaebol posted:

he's probably guilty but also in america what he did probably isnt even a crime

what's really crazy though is that swedish prisons have much better living conditions for long-term stays than the embassy he's holed up in

he definitely wouldn't be staying in swedish prison

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

happyhippy posted:

Only in America can you whistleblow evil poo poo and still get hosed in the rear end.

I seriously doubt that. You think any other government in the world would give him a lollipop and a pat on the back?

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Snowden looks better than the actor playing him imo...bet that doesn't happen often.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

notZaar posted:

I seriously doubt that. You think any other government in the world would give him a lollipop and a pat on the back?
A bunch of governments doing far worse activities gave him a nice bit of cash for his secrets.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
if nothing else maybe it will change the minds of some literal mongoloids about government surveillance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Scalding Coffee posted:

A bunch of governments doing far worse activities gave him a nice bit of cash for his secrets.

Right, because it wasn't their secrets. That's the point.

• Locked thread