Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Heteroy posted:

Hm. I left behind a couple of viable trunk characters before 0.18 went live (including an effective zig raider DS). Does anyone know, are they lost?
Mark me down for a spot. I'm probably good for a win or two, but I have possibly the worst wins/deaths rate of anyone who has won multiple games, not counting bots.
Trunk is trunk forever. There's no essential difference between the patch called "0.18" and any other patch; the same thing has happened to your characters as happened when the 0.18-svn-beefbabe to 0.18-svn-deafb00b patch dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker

resistentialism posted:

They'll probably be updated in horrible ways!

I think I remember something like that happening a while back. A ghost beaned me for 700+ damage.

Edit:
code:
14215 heteroy the Basher (level 11, -693/96 HPs)
             Began as a Mountain Dwarf Chaos Knight on Apr 22, 2009.
             Was a Plaything of Xom.
             Annihilated by hayenne's ghost (763 damage)
Longer ago than I realized.

Heteroy fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 29, 2016

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Rupert has managed to follow me from Lair 4 to Lair 8 by I guess just falling through lots of holes in the floor.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Heteroy posted:

I have possibly the worst wins/deaths rate of anyone who has won multiple games, not counting bots.

Oh, you sweet summer child.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Sweet new tourney. I look forward to solely playing nemelex choice and dying with 15 runes again!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Maybe I'll sign up for a team and do MfIE of Okawaru. My only victory is with MiBe and I've been having a lot of fun splatting DEIE but maybe the combination of the two will get me some sick three-runers.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Flying Purple Eater People

e: whoops, didn't notice that had basically been done

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

If you don't recognize the vault, it's a series of triskelions with loot in the center that you have to dig into, monsters aren't supposed to be in them. The fire giant happened to be standing on... a wand of digging. :geno:

Floodkiller posted:

Rcfile is all set up for team Crawl of Duty!
code:
Crawl of Duty

1. Floodkiller
2. IronicDongz (Shard1697)
3. Wolfechu
4. jerkstoresup (jerkstore)
5. MOVIE MAJICK (wya)

# TEAMCAPTAIN Floodkiller
Anyone can join (priority to any previous members of the SSS in any form), no skill level required; you just have to be willing to play (and die) a bunch. Playing for banners/the biggest mutation list is also acceptable.

Might as well join up again! (wormsofcant) Going to try and beat my previous 6 win count.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 29, 2016

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
There are two no slots open on the classiest team, Is That A Rod in your Pak-et Or Are You Just Happy To See Me. Join today! Consuming the purple is recommended, but not mandatory.

1. Haifisch
2. SomeoneAwful
3. LogicNinja
4. Sir SamVimes
5. resistentialism
6. Stoats

#TEAMCAPTAIN Haifisch

e: Well that went fast.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 29, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

1. Haifisch
2. SomeoneAwful
3. LogicNinja
4. Sir SamVimes
5. resistentialism

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'll take the last slot! Username Stoats

1. Haifisch
2. SomeoneAwful
3. LogicNinja
4. Sir SamVimes
5. resistentialism
6. Stoats

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

Might as well join up again! (wormsofcant) Going to try and beat my previous 6 win count.

With that, Crawl of Duty is full!

code:
Crawl of Duty

1. Floodkiller
2. IronicDongz (Shard1697)
3. Wolfechu
4. jerkstoresup (jerkstore)
5. MOVIE MAJICK (wya)
6. Can of Worms (wormsofcant)

# TEAMCAPTAIN Floodkiller

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

removed

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 29, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im going to start a team and its name is vashnias violet vorarephiliacs

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do i set myself up as team captain

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Sirsamvimes how dare you betray your heritage in this way!!! You will regret this!!!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tollymain posted:

im going to start a team and its name is vashnias violet vorarephiliacs

Thanks for reminding me of this "classic" image;

Though your post also reminded me that Lamia existed at one point.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Tollymain posted:

how do i set myself up as team captain

make your rcfile look like this:
code:
# TEAMNAME Vashnia's Violet Vorarephiliacs
# TEAMMEMBERS name five other people here
(don't include yourself in the TEAMMEMBERS line)

Every account in the teammembers line that has # TEAMCAPTAIN Tollymain at the top of their RC will be on the team

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm tired and made a dumb post!

kaschei fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 29, 2016

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

To those making team names, remember that ' and . aren't valid characters. You can only put in alphanumerics, underscores, and hyphens.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I said it jokingly before but it is actually going to be an experience playing crawl doped up on painkillers from having my wisdom teeth removed. I wonder how good I'll do :haw:

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
seriously not a fan of 'Fragile' on artifacts. it's kinda hot garbage

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah, I think I understand the sort of trade-offs that Fragile is supposed to create, but realistically I just end up tossing those items in the trash pile.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
tbh it's never been a problem for me since either they're underwhelming or good enough that I can put them on and then never take them off again

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

IronicDongz posted:

I said it jokingly before but it is actually going to be an experience playing crawl doped up on painkillers from having my wisdom teeth removed. I wonder how good I'll do :haw:

Probably fine except for the day of, honestly; I was perfectly functional (if sore and not really eating solid food) the day after I had all four of mine taken out.

Prism fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 29, 2016

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Blackdog420 posted:

seriously not a fan of 'Fragile' on artifacts. it's kinda hot garbage

Considering the amount of gear swapping that occurs in a regular game, fragile is really only a problem if you come across a ridiculously good item that you'd actually be upset about losing. In my experience the malus has never been balanced with something worth getting upset about losing.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

I did it (though not during the tournament) under the same circumstances, it's awesome. Helps you move a bit slower, which for me at least is the biggest difference between playing well and splatting for stupid reasons.

Edit: Be sure to play nothing but Chei under those circumstances, for obvious reasons.

rj54x fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 29, 2016

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I wonder what the chances of getting two highly enchanted daggers both with Int+5 on them and also a "negative effect on damage" proc is

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
So I'm trying to get good at the game again in preparation for the tournament. I'm worshipping Xom, I'm in Lair and I'm frightened, everything teleports and he keeps tormenting me at inopportune moments!

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Did they change their minds about 0.18?
The download page says the latest version is still 0.17.1. :x

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I haven't been following updates and whatnot since early 0.17 and am always interested in seeing the changes in the new versions. Poison Needle nerf is probably a good thing. New god looks neat. Abyss changes are welcome, and then there's this:

quote:

Removed amulet of resist mutation

Um...What? What's the rationale behind this and what exactly are you supposed to do in Pan or worse, Zot 5? Did OoF get nerfed?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I haven't been following updates and whatnot since early 0.17 and am always interested in seeing the changes in the new versions. Poison Needle nerf is probably a good thing. New god looks neat. Abyss changes are welcome, and then there's this:

Um...What? What's the rationale behind this and what exactly are you supposed to do in Pan or worse, Zot 5? Did OoF get nerfed?

The idea is that they wanted to get rid of "swappable" amulets. SO no more switching to rMut when you see a malmutator, stasis when you see a paralyser, clarity when you see a confuser, etc. Most of the remaining amulets have some sort of penalty when equipped or removed to discourage frequent swapping, too.

They did significantly increase the amount of cmut in the dungeon to make up for it, at least.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

A Magical Lamp posted:

So I'm trying to get good at the game again in preparation for the tournament. I'm worshipping Xom, I'm in Lair and I'm frightened, everything teleports and he keeps tormenting me at inopportune moments!

A good Xom game.

Edit:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The idea is that they wanted to get rid of "swappable" amulets. SO no more switching to rMut when you see a malmutator, stasis when you see a paralyser, clarity when you see a confuser, etc. Most of the remaining amulets have some sort of penalty when equipped or removed to discourage frequent swapping, too.

They did significantly increase the amount of cmut in the dungeon to make up for it, at least.

They also kept rCorr as a ring, which is a much better slot for it honestly.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 29, 2016

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Floodkiller posted:

A good Xom game.

I died in Orc 2 :( didn't have much to do with Xom, IRC tells me that Orc 3-4 have been removed and I was in the ending vault way underprepared for it.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So, any team still in need of a player? I'm good for a rune here or there, and can probably eek out a MiBe win before switching to killing caster after caster.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

FireSight posted:

Finally Turned 0.18 Boys

1: FireSight
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

# TEAMCAPTAIN FireSight

This person is in dire need

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Nobody loves me, boo-hoo.

Actually, since we can't put a period in the team name, I'm going to retire that suggestion.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

quote is not edit

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
I can join a team, if anybody needs players. I've ascended a few times but am generally awful and will likely contribute nothing other than endless Ds splats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
died as a strong HaAr in V5. thought to myself "well, that sucked."

10 minutes later, in the shower: "I FORGOT I HAD A FULLY CHARGED WAND OF HEAL WOUNDS :supaburn:"

• Locked thread