Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Arivia, what's the team name about? I can't quite figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"new" demon type (formerly shadow fiends iirc)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What are the rules for monks finding the random altar and getting ru/gozag/xom/etc anyways?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
It's great the tourny is happening right when my last essay is due

edit: uhh why does my old login not work on the webtiles servers right now?

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 3, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The servers don't info-share your account. Gotta make the same name on each one.

Otherwise I dunno.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It's great the tourny is happening right when my last essay is due

edit: uhh why does my old login not work on the webtiles servers right now?

You probably played on CSZO before, which died.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

PleasingFungus posted:

No. There's a 10% chance of one appearing in any given game.

Ah, my bad. Looks like I got hit by confirmation bias.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Tollymain posted:

"new" demon type (formerly shadow fiends iirc)

Ah, tzitzimitl, thanks. I didn't realize Tatziki fiends got a name change. If I can get a drac conj at least one rune tonight, I'll try and join.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
I'll join. I'm offering on CAO and in #gooncrawl. Will be my first tournament since... 0.11? Whichever version we were playing when the waste pond at Fukushima blew up.

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Arivia

n. offering

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Robe of Vines is completely bonkers, was it nerfed in 0.18 or am I thinking of something else?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

lordfrikk posted:

Robe of Vines is completely bonkers, was it nerfed in 0.18 or am I thinking of something else?

Changelog has "* The robe of vines now grants slightly less regeneration." So somewhat nerfed, I don't know the numbers.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Enchantment from +5 to +2, regen from +10 to +7. It's still extremely strong.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

No longer shall a game be over the moment you find it, now you will at least have to press buttons

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I just realized that the wiki is going to become 100% out of date instead of just 50% as soon as this version is released.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Arivia posted:

Yes!

Still need 3 more.

I'm in! In game name of Doctordoom.

Edit I am an idiot and was using my old name.

Person Dyslexic fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 4, 2016

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
All we need now is CAO to update to 0.18 so half my team can sign up. There's some grace period to do so after the tournament starts, right?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Prism posted:

All we need now is CAO to update to 0.18 so half my team can sign up. There's some grace period to do so after the tournament starts, right?

Yeah, you get a full week from the start of the tourney.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Alright then, since the two above me have the same outlook I do, let's get started.

code:
# TEAMNAME Evoking_Mediocrity

1. MatlockB
2. bitcoinbastard
3. privategoon
4. hyperbowl
5. ???
6. ???

Private Speech, bitcoin bastard. I'll need some character names. I don't play particularly fast, nor do I have a terribly long time to play during the tournament period. But eh, let's do this.
I'll take a spot on your team if that's cool. I'm hoping to pick up a 3 rune win, it's been nearly 2 years since I last escaped with the orb.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Coming back from a few month hiatus with this game, what the heck happened to CSZO? Guess everyone is switching to CBRO.

I'll start a team, losers and Cure fans are welcome to join:

Pictures of Ru

# TEAMCAPTAIN meatpath

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I kinda sorta need a team.

I'm not picky about the nature of the team as I can't really commit to a more hardcore approach to the tournament. In some tournaments, I try kinda hard. In other tournaments, I die once with a character in the midgame and just kinda write it all off.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I'd say given the nature of when you posted that, Pictures of Ru would probably be your team. If not then there's Evoking Mediocrity headed by Matlock Birthmark, ZeeZeeMeatls with Arivia and even the usual Abyssal team with a not-yet nailed down name.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

I Love You! posted:

No longer shall a game be over the moment you find it, now you will at least have to press buttons

tab is a button.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

PleasingFungus posted:

tab is a button.

Yes but i like to think of tab as a button you never let go of in the first place

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hello is there a way to get rcfile stuff from CSZO? I think someone mentioned it but can't find it.

Also! Gauging interest for the tournament tradition of playing/splatting a bunch of fat ogres.

e: vv you da best

Social Studies 3rd Period fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 5, 2016

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

C7ty1 posted:

hello is there a way to get rcfile stuff from CSZO? I think someone mentioned it but can't find it.

https://dobrazupa.org/

added to OP

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Sage Grimm posted:

Guess I'll open up the Abyss team offering again. Usual behaviour of former members get priority all skill levels are welcome. Such is chaos, after all.

code:
# TEAMNAME Give A Man Abyss And They Will Be Fed For A Day
# TEAMCAPTAIN Grimm
1. raskol (kaschei)
I hope to do better than last tournament, my son's sleep schedule permitting. I just hope we can find a better name.

edit: SOA (Gimme a drink)

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
WTF Crawl. Why did this iron grate replace the mini-stash I left next to the stairs on Depths 5 while I was clearing Zot?

Ctrl-F acquire
Can't find anything matching that
Ctrl-F Tempests
Ctrl-F cure mut

Of course I came back from Zot with blurry vision, zerkitis, and enough levels of air magic to learn Tornado.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

sheer curiosity question, but why wouldn't you just carry the cmut and use the acquirement scrolls immediately? that is a weird as gently caress thing to have happen though

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

yurtcradled posted:

WTF Crawl. Why did this iron grate replace the mini-stash I left next to the stairs on Depths 5 while I was clearing Zot?

Ctrl-F acquire
Ctrl-F Tempests
Ctrl-F cure mut

Of course I came back from Zot with blurry vision, zerkitis, and enough levels of air magic to learn Tornado.

It looks like the grate trap that occasionally generates on staircases with the intent of blocking you from stairdancing. I would take a guess that there is some bad interaction with the trap being generated that caused it to overwrite the items on the square.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, I've seen that trap a few times before. I would assume that the trap tile that makes the grate close was where you are now standing, and either a monster or you stepped on it at some point.

yet another reason to boycot stashing 2k16

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Huh, so there's traps to prevent stairdancing? Interesting, didn't know that was a thing.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Also, one spot left on TEAM ZEEZEEMEATLS. I'll fix my rcfile and start hanging out in #gooncrawl again tonight.

Arivia posted:

Okay I'm recruiting for a team too! So far we are all not very good players, so no requirements. We just want to play a lot and have fun. I'm going to try to post a win myself, but that's not something everyone needs to do.

We could merge with Evoking Mediocrity if you all want, since we each have 3 spots spare and similar (read no) requirements, but it's up to your captain!

code:
# TEAMNAME ZeeZeeMeatls
# TEAMCAPTAIN Arivia

1. GlitchThief
2. Neongrey
3. offering
4. Doctordoom

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
code:
# TEAMNAME Evoking_Mediocrity

1. MatlockB
2. bitcoinbastard
3. privategoon
4. hyperbowl
5. ???
6. ???
Thank you to all three. Life has come up, so I will be busy over tournament time. I'm going to try for a few banners and maybe one 3-5 rune win. If anyone else would like in, we have two more slots.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 5, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Someone Awful! posted:

sheer curiosity question, but why wouldn't you just carry the cmut and use the acquirement scrolls immediately? that is a weird as gently caress thing to have happen though

Cmut is mostly useless in the early and midgame. I usually just leave it sitting around until I'm about to do Zot.

Or i guess abyss/pan/hell but I haven't done those much.

Arivia posted:

Huh, so there's traps to prevent stairdancing? Interesting, didn't know that was a thing.

It's a "pressure plate" trap, which are always defined in lua as part of human-made vaults.

Also, pressure plates are always visible (I think?), so you won't accidentally trigger them.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

68k posted:

Coming back from a few month hiatus with this game, what the heck happened to CSZO? Guess everyone is switching to CBRO.

I'll start a team, losers and Cure fans are welcome to join:

Pictures of Ru
1. Fhqwhgads

# TEAMCAPTAIN meatpath

With a name like that how can I not?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

they don't really work for that, since, you know. digging, disint, other stairs, etc

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also, pressure plates are always visible (I think?), so you won't accidentally trigger them.

nope

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

[pressure plates] they don't really work for that, since, you know. digging, disint, other stairs, etc

They have the strongest effect when you're running away from something with only one space between. You're trying to get to the < .when suddenly it is blocked and now the foe has trapped you (you use a turn to wand a way through, but then it's next to you).

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Hey PF, is there a devs team in the tournament? Would be interesting to see how you guys stack up.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PleasingFungus posted:

they don't really work for that, since, you know. digging, disint, other stairs, etc

nope

If they're not visible that seems kind of dumb and spoilery, since they're fixed-location traps in predefined vaults. I guess it works for the "pressure plate that puts a grate between you and the stairs" thing just because that vault is so small and you'll never know when you run into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
man, aquamancers can do a lot of damage, huh

rip halfling of pak with a rod of shadows/cloak of invis/+8 venom rapier and +5 ring of slaying

• Locked thread