Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Problem description: Basically the problem started a couple of weeks ago I started getting black screens when gaming, Nothing particularly intense I don't play much that's graphically intensive. What seems to happen is that the screen turns black Windows restarts and when it comes back up it cannot detect my graphics card and boots up only using whatever basic drivers are installed. Then I have to reinstall my drivers again until I get it to work temporarily before the whole procedure has to be repeated again a few days later when the same error occurs again. A trawl through google doesn't seem to have turned up anything for me.

Attempted fixes: Installing the latest beta drivers. Rolling back drivers. Used a driver removal tool to remove all drivers and install from fresh.

Recent changes: Not that I am aware of.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home Edition

System specs: Intel i5-3570k Quad core @ 3.40 Ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Generic 650 Watt Power supply
Generic Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Sapphire R9 270 2GB Graphics Card

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

How long had the computer been working with Windows 10 before the issue started?

You might try doing a system restore http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html to before this started.

Ferrosol posted:

Generic 650 Watt Power supply

Do you know what brand it is?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Zogo posted:

How long had the computer been working with Windows 10 before the issue started?

You might try doing a system restore http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html to before this started.

Since about October/November last year for windows 10 and just a generic no name on it PSU. But I'll try a system restore if I can and see if that does anything.

e: system restore did nothing but I've started keeping a log of when it's happening to see if I can make out any sort of pattern.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 29, 2016

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Replace your power supply and try again. Generic power supplies don't work, especially long-term.

• Locked thread