Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I adore SWN, and I think you might have just snagged a rep. Reading the OP, and looking over the sheets, I might have an idea for a character using the Darkness Visible rules. I'm gonna read up on the game thread and the backgrounds in here to get a feel for the game before going much further. But it's looking promising. I'll update you guys tomorrow after I get home from work. (evening PST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Okay I think I'm in and looking at rolling a character with a background / training package from the Darkness Visible sourcebook.

Is it okay if I choose a life event in case the thing I roll doesn't fit? I'm not too keen on doing the whole life path building process but one event seems good.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So I won't have a sheet or write up available until later tonight. Unfortunately my RL RPG group had an impromptu game last night, and while we had a blast, it didnt allow me much time to put together the finer details of a Character.

But I'll be playing Gordon Zhang, a Burned Undercover Agent who was working on Persev. [Street Op/Rogue Agent] I haven't rolled for the life event yet, but I'm thinking that Gordon would be at this upcoming event because somehow this lady's Maltech Cult was part of him being burned from his agency. He's trying to find out who hosed him over.

More to come later, but I'm about to head off to work. Maybe this helps with some of the cover stuff you all are planning?

edit: oh yeah, I'm gonna channel Burn Notice pretty hard. At least that's the plan.

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 4, 2016

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Character Name: Gordon Zhang
Hit Points: 1d6 6 5 I dumbly rolled my HP first, so this should be 5 with my CON modifier
Starting Credits: 1d6 (3x100)+400=700 (3700) with "catch up money" 1790 Remaining after purchases.
Stats in Order: 6#3d6 STR 8 INT 14 WIS 13 DEX 11 CON 6 CHA 14
Background: Street Op
Training Package: Rogue Agent
:siren: Character Sheet :siren:

Flavor Blurb will go here in a bit

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 4, 2016

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

OH MY GOD Zepp, Get out of my head!

Gordon grew up on Persev, the only son of a Middle Class Family. His mother (Mei) worked as an archivist for one of Persev's many Corporations, and his father (Sammo) was an Accountant working for the government. Life was far from easy, but Gordon was a bright kid with a way with words. While he grasped the concepts, Gordon was a terrible student, preferring to play hookie with his friends than attending class, and that ended up being his downfall. During his final years as a teen, Gordon called the Superintendent's office as his father and told them that the family would be traveling on a government diplomatic mission. Gordon would be unable to attend class for six months, but that Sammo had contracted a private tutor that would be continuing his studies. Surprisingly, it worked - the first three months Gordon spent his time chasing girls, relaxing, and getting into trouble. But it all came crashing down when his mother got a call from one of Gordon's friends to check out how he was doing with his father on Enterp. Gordon came home that day to a savage beating from his mother, and to find a suitcase packed and ready to go. Gordon would be spending his final two years of school at Sgt Slaughter's School for Disorderly Youth, a military camp for young delinquents.

That first year was world altering for him. No longer could he get by with clever words, these people respected hard work and the determination for self improvement. The first month was the worst. Endless drills, humilitation, mundane work, and the most disgusting food (if you could even call it that) wore hard on Gordon. It forced him to change. He embraced his situation, and began to excel as he applied himself. Once Weapons Training began it started to flow more easily. Over time, Gordon found a purpose in his training. When he finished his two years, he had graduated with flying colors and was referred to a Corporate Controlled Information Agency. He began working in Tactical Operations as an analyst, but yearned for a position as a Field Agent. Eventually, he got his wish and was undercover on the streets of Persev. He saw a lot, and learned more on the job than he ever could in a classroom - he made friends, enemies, and most of all, he made good money.

When cybInt Amalgamated hired Gordon to look into Synthetic Insights, his dossier had been filled with technical readouts, scientists and technicians to investigate. Gordon had looked through the files, but in the end he decided to follow the money. It was always the money, especially on Persev. For a month Gordon had tracked the massive orders S.I. was getting through the dirty, underground channels only to come up with the name of Mila Lebedeva. Then, the safehouse he was using was toast - literally. He knew what that meant. Something had gone horribly wrong. Had he been sold out? Was he sloppy?

The next three months were spent trying to put the pieces back together. It cost him a couple of false identities, one more safehouse, and a whole lot of legwork, but Gordon had finally found the name. Lebedeva was going to be at some high class Bear party. This was his element, glad handing, schmoozing with higher ups, inflating egos - This would be just like the old days. He went to Mr. Li to have a new suit tailored in preparation. Gordon was gonna find out why he got burned, and he was gonna look good doing it.

Gonna spend 250 credits getting the fancy new suit tailored - so I think that leaves him with 1540 cred remaining. I don't know if for game purposes having Gordon come in as a solo op is good OR if a fixer/contact of sorts has keyed him into the "party" of sorts. Maybe he's an asset they are made aware of? Whatever works for you Zepp. At this point I'm just waiting to hear back from Zepp regarding exactly how I drop in.

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 7, 2016

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I think it makes more sense for your character to be solo. He got the name, he figured out where she'll be at a set time, booked passage to Caerleon and intends to attend. That said, if you want to introduce an NPC fixer you've worked with, go right ahead. If you go that route, it would most likely be a less than legitimate one, considering you've been burned.

You can feel free to start posting in the main thread now about your preparations to get in. You don't have an invitation like the others, but you're a field agent, should be no trouble for you!

This sounds good to me, do you want me to roll a Culture (Persev) to make contact, or is it more appropriate to roll to see if they can help? I assume Gordon has someone he trusts, but I'm thinking they are more off the radar.

I've got a few ideas, but I don't want to go too far without rolling for something I should.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Would security at this event be tight enough that they are having us go through metal detectors and being patted down? If so, what would the difficulty be to conceal my Mag Pistol? I would assume my Armored undersuit is synthweave or whatever future fabric that I could still wear it underneath the suit.

Ps you rock Zepp. I'll have a post up sometime early tomorrow.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Sorry guys the last few days at work have been killer for me, I'll have another post up late tonight.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I'm loving the game so far, and you've already mentioned the one thing I want in any sci-fi game Nanomachines, so I'm pretty happy with where we're going.

Also to the other players, feel free to bump into me or get contact info from Hua to me, I don't want to be solo forever. We may not be able to communicate at the moment, but I'm sure Gordon would love some robo friends! :roboluv:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I'll have another post up tonight, I'm in the middle of a double at work and I can't phone post for this kinda thing.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Zepp, you monster :getin:

Do I need to make an Athletics check to get there or can I just narrate the difficulty of literally picking myself up off the floor.

Ps you still rock.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I'm not so sure Gordon would be of much help in a conflict right now, but he could probably help talk down some other guests? I can't really think of how to help out here, so for now he's licking his wounds and keeping an eye out.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Ack sorry guys I'm in the midst of helping my best friend move this week and I'm swamped between work and loading and unloading apartments. I'll try to have something up tomorrow. My bad!

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Zepp, do I need to pay or roll to recover from my injuries sustained at Brynmor? If so, what should it be, and if not, is it cool if I take a bit of narrative freedom for my rapid recovery?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I'm so sorry! I have been super busy out of town for my girlfriend's birthday most of the week and weekend. I've been far too drunk to post anything worthwhile but I'll have a big post up tonight or tom morning going over Gordon's actions.

Also Welcome to our new player! :getin:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I think we're about done with the scene, I just want to let Tofu have an opportunity to take part before we timeskip ahead.

Sorry it took so long, I just put up a giant post. Also, whats the Tech Level of this planet? Assuming that I can requisition things within reason during my time at the base.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

If we can have Gordon retroactively bought 2 Frag Grenades, 2 Flashbangs, 2 Smoke Grenades, He would have brought them along in a duffelbag in the sedan. If he can acquire a block of C4 (or two) he would buy that also.

Grenades listed at x25 each, but there's no profile for Flashes or Smokes in the Rulebooks I own. Call it 150 credits? I dunno how much the C4 would cost, I'll leave that up to you.

Did we get a tranq dart pistol/gun? :getin: :catdrugs:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Waador posted:

Tofu this is a reminder that I gave Gordon 1,000cr back in the briefing room a while ago. I deducted it from my sheet but not sure if you added it to yours.

Yeah, I haven't been updating the sheet, I think Zepp has been doing it but I dont think I tracked that 1k. I do remember it now though. I'm probably going to put up a pre-rendezvous post sometime tomorrow. Zepp, do you have an idea of how much $$ I have access to? and which, if any armor could I have integrated into a suit? I assume that Armored Undersuit would be able to be woven in, but could I get something with a lower AC? I assume we don't have access to something like a Field Emitter Panoply :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

holy gently caress I worked two doubles this weekend and now we are dropshipping into the embassy. :getin:

I'll have a post up later today, we have my niece on Mondays and requires constant attention.

• Locked thread