Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
I'm running a game of SWN for some friends in school, but I've never actually played in a game. I've skimmed this thread and I think I have an interesting character idea of a PMC soldier from Perserverance working the security detail at the party that you're supposed to be going to soon. Definitely PM me if you think this works, I'm going to get to the meat of chargen when I get to my computer.

Egregious Offences fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
Speaking of rolls, here are mine...
Stats (3d6 down the line): 10 10 9 13 11 17
I decided to take the "replace one prime requisite with 14" and put it in Dexterity, so my new set is: 10 10 9 14 11 17.
Starting HP: 4 :cripes:
Starting Cash: 400 + 100 = 500

Still working on my sheet, though.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
Here's my sheet: Christof Sortey (Make sure to go to the Warrior tab)

So I rolled up a life event using the "You are crippled/blinded but gain a cybernetic prosthesis that deals 1 System Strain." prompt.

quote:

So I guess we all have stories about our early days in the company. For example, I knew this guy from my first deployment named Sortey, who always wore these big retro-style sunglasses everywhere. You'd talk to him, and he sounded like one of those guys who joined up because he actually believed in the crap that corporate peddles to the shareholders back on Perserv! Anyway, that wasn't the weirdest thing about this guy. Whenever someone new would ask why he always wore those sunglasses, they'd get this boilerplate answer: "It's a medical thing.", "I think I just like them.", "So people don't know I'm looking right at them". But later, he'll find you when you're preoccupied with some menial task, like cleaning your gear or filling out paperwork. He looks you right in the eyes and says something like "So you wanna know why I wear these sunglasses?", then gets you to look at something else for a second, like "You missed a spot." or "Wait, are you sure that's a I-20t form?". And when you glance away, he takes off the sunglasses and next thing you know, you're looking at a guy with these metal things in his eye sockets, with this poo poo-eating grin on his face. I heard that some guys just freak out when they see his implants, like they've never seen a guy with cybernetics before.

Turns out he lost his eyes when he was younger; some guy tries to blast some rich offworlder's kid, Sortey intervenes and gets his eyes burnt out of his skull by a shoddy laser pistol. Kid's parents pay for his new eyes and he has some kind of epiphany after the surgery, when he's coming off of the meds and adjusting to the cybernetics. He never told us what it was, some kind of "deep personal meaning" poo poo, but he did say that he went straight to the recruiting office right after being discharged from the hospital.

Goals:
1. Install more cybernetics
2. Find the source of my strange visions
3. Willingly go into harms way to protect someone, regardless of the consequences

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
I can definitely wait until the scene change for my character to show up. Sorry I haven't written my response to your prompt yet, Zep, this past week has been busy with training at my new job. However, I have the next few days off so I can catch up.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
Alright, first post is up and I'm already behind.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
So I'm going to post after I get back from class today, shouldn't be long. From what I can tell, Gordon's in the VIP area which is a no-go for security, but the rest of the commotion with the group's comms is not in Christof's wheelhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
Alright, finally caught up with the game thread. By the way, should I roll tactics or does that require a more complicated plan then "Shoot at point-blank range"?

• Locked thread