Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

About the series:

Blackwell is a series of five graphic adventure video games from independent game developer Wadjet Eye Games, created by Dave Gilbert. The plots of the games generally focus on Rosangela Blackwell, a spiritual medium, and her spirit guide Joey Mallone, who work to help ghosts transition to the afterlife. The game runs under the Adventure Game Studio platform. It was nominated for 4 AGS Awards for games released in 2006 and won the award for Best Character Art.

So, why pick these games?

Simply put, I loving love point and click adventure games from the DOS and early windows era. Studios like Sierra and LucasArts revolutionized adventure gaming, and created innovative, and engrossing stories. And since the passing of my father, I am reminded of the amazing times we shared during the nineties. These retro style point-and-click's remind me of the time my father and I were in the computer room way past my bed time, as we had been doing every Saturday night since I could remember. It was always the same: we would finish dinner, my mother would go to work, and my dad and I would head into the computer room to bathe in the soft glow of the CRT monitor attached to our IBM PS/2. Windows 3.1 had just come out, and the old man had sprung for the Soundblaster Pro combo speakers and CD drive for a sum of money that he refused to disclose to my mother.

These types of games are special to me... The problem with nostalgia is that we always remember the good parts. We don’t remember the hard work, or the fights, or the down times; we just put on those rose colored glasses and wax poetic about “the good ‘ol days.” My father and I continued those Saturday night sessions until I was too cool for hanging out with my dad. It’s different for fathers and sons- especially only children. You start out emulating your father, and learning from him. Sometime around 12, you start to do your own thing and spend more time with your friends. By the time you’re a teenager, you swear that you’ll never be like your old man, because what the gently caress does he know? But, you start to mellow, and by the time you survive the 3rd (or 5th) catastrophic failure in your life, you realize that he was always there. You start to look back, and you find that the spirit of those times was always there, just in different forms.

I caught this series on sale and it reminded me of Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis- one of our all time favorites.

How I'm doing this LP

This is my first LP... ever. I'm playing it semi-blind and recording it live. The plan is to post a new video once per day. I've played through a few sections to get a feel for it and know where to make cuts, but for the most part, you're seeing it just as I am. I'm doing these for the forums first, but I'm putting them on my personal website (that I won't link here) for my friends and family; Because, holy poo poo- why would anyone invite their loved ones to SA.

Will be updated as we progress through the story

Rosangela "Rosa" Blackwell- The protagonist of our story is a young freelance writer living a solitary life in New York City.

Joey Mallone- Rosa's partner. He's haunted the Blackwell family for a long time, and helps ghosts move on to the other side.

This strike busting fink This rat-faced gently caress!

The Blackwell Legacy: Pt. 1: Social Anxiety Pan Flute Concert

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
[reserved]

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What's with all the criticism of the voices? These games certainly have some bad voice acting, but the ones we've heard so far seem fine? And I'm pretty sure the voice actors all actually do live in New York, since that's where the guy who made the game lives, and he basically just hired people he knew or friends of friends.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

RIP

• Locked thread