Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The world has undergone a massive shift in the past eighty years, after The Event. What caused this event remains a mystery - some say pollution, others claim aliens, more say evolution, fringe theorists blame magic, and the religious their God(s). Regardless of what caused The Event those years back, its effects were obvious - the day of The Event, the first child was born... with a Gift. And the second, the third... an endless amount - every child born on that day and since, gifted with Gifts that no one could explain or understand, that defied all known laws of physics, that defied every scientific idea we had as a species. That opened portals to realm we only ever imagined. The Event changed humanity completely, and the change has never slowed.

Eighty years after The Event society has been warped massively - most people continue to go about their days, their powers mostly useless things such as being able to tell wen a certain kind of flower will die, or being able to speak to a very specific breed of dog. But above them stand Heroes, defenders of the common man, those blessed with great power and opportunity to use them! Since the birth of Gifts, heroes have risen up, driven by their own morality, their own lust for fame, or fortune, driven to help others, to defend them from those who would use their Gifts for evil. The Original heroes are fondly remembered by the populace - young teenagers who rose up to stop crime and protect those without Gifts from their fellow Gifted, who stood against the rampant fear and racism against their people, with their heads held high. They are known as the Original Generation.

The second generation is fondly remembered as their sidekicks, the first properly trained Heroes, who had the ability to learn from the experiences of their predecessors, and improve themselves based on them. Statues of these heroes and their mentors still line the streets, commemorating the Great War that went on during this generation, and how the Heroes stood up, and saved the world, at the cost of a majority of the heroes who were active at the time. They are known as the Greatest Generation.

The third generation of heroes - for some of you, your own mothers and fathers - was when views of the Heroes began to plummet. Following the Great War, villainous crime was at an all time low, and the excessive force of the Third Generation of heroes angered many, as property damage remained high, despite need for such force being at an all time low. Public support for heroes fell, and people resented the fact that they were paid by the public's pocket, and that their taxes had to cover the constant stream of damages.

And so midway through the Worst Generation, the Sponsored Generation began - a generation where heroes were insured not by the public, not by the government, but by private interest. Where heroes became as much mascots as they were crime fighters, sponsored by companies such as Apple, Microsoft, Union Central, Horizon Corporation - the list goes on endlessly. The advantages were endless - access to top of the line equipment, training centers, insurance both on the damages they did, and their own health, access to a living wage that allowed them to live on just their heroics.

Your parents started this generation, and you are coming of age, entering into the world of heroing in a fresh program - the Corporate Alliance Initiative, a collection of smaller companies who could not afford a hero-mascot on their own, jointly sponsoring not singular heroes, but an entire team of teenage heroes to be. This marks the first time since the Greatest Generation that the idea of a team of superheroes has been fielded - will it be a success, or will you continue the story of the Worst Generation under this sponsorship? Only time will tell.

-------------

Hi! This is a recruit for a Masks game, that will probably be looking for, oh... 5-6 players, over the course of the next, say, week or so. Might end earlier, if I get a lot of really good apps really quickly, so post as quickly as you can! The tone for this will be pretty light hearted - I'll be encouraging taking cheesy product placement chances. But it will still run into real troubles, and people will get actually hurt, despite the lighter tone. Think a mix between My Hero Academia, Tiger & Bunny, and Young Avengers.

You guys are members of the fourth generation of heroes, and about 14-16 years old.
And you all work for the Corporate Alliance!

I'll want a picture [does not need to include corporate logos, obviously, but if you wanna make one that'd be cool! Or feel free to steal one of the ones above], a full character sheet, a backstory of who you are, and you know, all the other basic things apps should have.

I will be willing to let you take Abilities that aren't listed in your mask playbook's abilities, but try to stick to the theme of the Mask! The Transformed should be big and strong, not a super genius [unless they mutated themselves somehow, I guess!]

That includes answers to these three questions:

1. What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!)
2. What hero do you look up to, and from what Generation do they hail? Are they still alive? Still active?
3. What is your opinion on the Heroic Sponsorship program?
4. (Optional) Thread title suggestions, give them to me!

I hang out in #swampthings on synirc, but I also have PMs, so don't be afraid to just PM me if you have questions! I'm always happy to help people out, if they need any advice and what not.

Edit: You do not need to use real companies!!! You can if you want, but feel free to make them up!

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Princess Terrwyn of Sharalas/Dragon Princess, the Outsider

What do you mean, why do I expect to be treated like a princess?

... That's because I am one, you dimwit! I am Princess Terrwyn of Sharalas, and I expect to be treated with due respect. What do you mean Sharalas doesn't exist? Of course it does! Just not in this realm in particular. Not that I would expect a buffoon like you to understand such a thing.

... What is it now? How I got here, then? Well, I don't know! Ask those researchers of yours! ... Scientists? Whatever. They kidnapped me and brought me here with some sort of portal! Of course, I escaped my vile captor. Dionaea saw to that. Who's Dionaea? My dragon. I summoned her here and set the entire prison ablaze!

... What do you mean, it's called a laboratory and nobody actually wanted to hold me captive? Bogus! And why I'm still here? Well... This world is actually pretty nice. So many things to see, so many interesting people. It's a lot better than being cooped up in a castle all day! I mean, sure, dad wants me to go back home, but I think I'll stay for now. I want to learn more about this world.

Plus, I already got contacted by this team of noble warriors and asked for my assistance! Finally, someone sees my skill as mage. Plus, it'll be nice to have some fri- ... equals. You. Heard. Nothing.

quote:

What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!)

Rosethorn Clothing ltd. They supply clothing for the rich and classy! Or so I'm told. I keep hearing they've fallen on hard times and got troubles finding customers. I don't understand why that is.

Just look at what I am wearing right now! They gave it to me. Does it not look wonderful? What, it's someone's outfit from an anime?

What is an anime? Stop using these strange words and speak more clearly, please.

(She's sponsored by a cosplay clothing company. They tricked her into wearing cosplay outfits into battle.)

quote:

2. What hero do you look up to, and from what Generation do they hail? Are they still alive? Still active?

Apparently, this world does not have much in the way of mages! I was very surprised to hear that. However, there are, most importantly this 'Magusar' warrior.

He's counted as one of the most powerful mages in this world, and I would be very eager to learn from him. They say he's from the 'Worst Generation', but I don't understand. He's the direct opposite of worst. He's one of the best! I've seen him defeat a foul villain all by himself just a few days ago! Such power and grace! And... charm... *swoon*

quote:

It has a name? How strange. I figured a concept as "hospitality towards a foreign princess" did not require such a strange name. But, sure. It's very nice of them to fund my extended stay here. They even seem to pay for the damage! That's very nice of them. Dionaea... isn't the most subtle.

quote:

Masks: This PBP has been taken down because of copyright infringement.

quote:

Hero Name: Dragon Princess
Mask: Outsider
Look: Human
Costume: Whatever the sponsors tell her looks high-class
Abilities: Pyromancy, Stunning Beauty

Labels:

Freak: +1
Danger: -1
Savior: 0
Superior: +3
Mundane: 0

Moves
Belong in two worlds: You have the resources that come with your station. Whenever you contact your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+,hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- receive a useful piece of alien technology that will allow you to use any ability from another playbook once (choose the ability when you spend the hold)
- consult your people’s knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation
- clear a condition through the comfort of contact with your home

Outdated Customs(Alien Ways):
Whenever you openly disregard or undermine an important Earth custom in favor of one of your own people’s customs, shift Superior up and any other Label down.

Pet Dragon (Kirby-Craft):
You have a mount, something from your home. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are riding your dragon, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend using Superior.

Strengths:
regenerating, telepathic

Weaknesses:
bizarre fuel source (lots and lots of meat) , easily detectable

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it's meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark Potential if you do.

Moment of Truth
You embrace your home, and call them for aid. They will answer your call, in force, arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. You will lead them into battle. Of course, when all is
said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

When our team first came together…
We didn't trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Relationships

You've been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.
You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Influence
Choose your demeanor: haughty or cheerful.
If you're haughty, then you think you're better than them. Give no one influence.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 17, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beacon for sure. Time to crack out Wizkid...

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

quote:

Hero Name: Athena 2
Look: Woman, White, Boring clothing, Iconic costume, Small mask
Concept: Janus, Greek heroine, Daughter, Independence, Loyalty
Potential: 0/5 - Every time you roll a miss on a a move, mark potential.
Conditions:

Abilities
  • Your appearance is unchanged by your abilities, and you can keep your powers hidden.
  • You have heightened physical abilities (strength, agility, toughness).
  • Impossible mobility.
  • Energy absorption.
Labels
Freak: -1
Danger: 0
Savior: 1
Superior: 0
Mundane: 3

Moves
The Mask: You wear a mask and hide your real identity. Choose what Label you try to embody
while wearing your mask: Savior

Once per session, you can affirm either your hero or secret identity to switch your Mundane with
your mask's Label.

The first time you reveal your true identity to someone, mark potential.

Game Face: When you steel yourself in the calm before the storm, roll + Mundane. On a 10+,
choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1:
  • Shift 1 Label up and 1 Label down, your choice.
  • Make someone lose Influence on you.
  • Clear a condition.
On a miss, you can't shake your feeling that the worst is about to happen. Mark Afraid and say
what you most fear will happen during the storm.

I am what I seem to be: When you accept what someone tells you about yourself, take +1
forward
and either mark potential or clear a condition.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they see you as the
person wearing the mask or the person underneath. If the former, mark potential and clear a
condition. If the latter, take Influence over them if you reveal yourself.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about who you
really are. Give them Influence, and shift your Mundane up, and your mask's Label down.

Moment of Truth
The mask is a lie, and some piece of you has always known that. Doesn't matter if others can see
it. You're the one that can do the impossible. Mask off. Costume on. And you're going to save the
drat day. Of course, you better hope nobody nasty is watching...

Secret Identity
Your mundane life comes with a series of obligations. Choose a total of 3 obligations.
  • Jobs: Delivery girl
  • School: Schoolwork
  • Home: Paying bills
When time passes, roll + your Mundane to see how you're managing your obligations. On a 10+,
things are going okay---you have an opportunity or advantage thanks to one of your obligations.
On a 7-9, you've lapsed on one obligation, your choice. On a miss, you haven't given your normal
life anywhere near the attention it deserves; the GM chooses two obligations that are going to bite
you in the butt.

Advancement
When you fill your potential track, you advance. Choose from the list below. When you've taken
five advances from the top list, you can take advances from the list below the line.
  • Take another move from your playbook
  • Take another move from your playbook
  • Take a move from another playbook
  • Take a move from another playbook
  • Someone permanently loses Influence over you; add +1 to a Label
  • Rearrange your Labels as you choose, and add +1 to a Label
  • Unlock your Moment of Truth
  • Change your Mask Label and add +1 to it
    ----------------------------------------
  • Unlock your Moment of Truth
  • Create a second character
  • Change playbooks
  • Take an adult move
  • Take an adult move
  • Lock a Label, and add +1 to a Label of your choice
  • Retire from the life or become a paragon of the city

Backstory

"H-hey Mom?

"I know it's been a while since I last visited... I've been busy at school, you know, trying to keep my grades up, avoid having to take summer school. You wouldn't believe how much we have to study in history. The Event, the Great War, the Third Generation... it's all so strange seeing it written down in a textbook, instead of hearing it from you.

"There's a picture of you on page 230.

"I... I'm trying. I really am. To be... normal. Like you asked. But... it's getting harder. It keeps getting harder. A lot's changed since you collapsed. Corporations... sponsorships. Kids my age, just like me, they're making hundreds of times what I can make at Papa Italy's.

"The bank keeps calling, too. Letters every day. They sent some lawyers over, saying they'd take the house, call family services. They don't know that you're here, but if they find out... I'm scared, Mom. That's why I called them. Your old company. Hellenic Oil.

"They've hit some hard times... not the same PR as when you were on board. They joined something called the Corporate Alliance Initiative. And they want you back. But... well I mean, obviously that can't happen. But they're desperate. I just wanted to see if they could help me at all, but... I think... I'm the one that can help them.

"I know you told me not to... I know. You'd ground me forever, but... I don't have any choice, Mom. If I lose the house, I'd have to move farther away, and that means even less time with you. Even less time... for everything.

"I found your mask, you know. So... that's really all there is to it. I can't take the risk that something else changes. I can't risk losing you. And, I can do this, too... I know I can. You taught me everything I needed to know. Strength, honor, standing up for what's right. You did. And now, if I can do this for you, well, that's what I'm going to do.

"So, when you wake up... don't be too angry, okay?"

Athena, p.230, Historical Facts v.3

My name's Meg, but from now on, you can call me Athena 2. My mom, she's the real Athena. But despite living through the Great War as a child, despite being one of the most well-regarded heroes of the Third Generation, she took a back seat to raise a family. Me. Alone. Just her and me... against the world, we'd kid.

Her sponsor, Hellenic Oil, they always treated us well. She'd do a few events a year, and they'd set us up in a nice house, with a nice school. But then, when I was eight, it happened. Athena's nemesis, Dr. Madness, showed up at our house, and before we had a chance to run, he just snapped his fingers. My mom snapped like a twig, some sort of nanomachine attack, the doctors told me later. Hellenic helped cover up the attack, hide her true identity, but she never regained consciousness.

So now, now I live my life desperately trying to hold onto everything. School's okay, I do well enough, but the bills kept piling up. I took a job delivering pizza for Papa Italy.. it wasn't enough. And now the banks are breathing down my neck.

So there's only one thing to do, really. I picked up my mom's old mask and put it on. Hellenic was more than happy to have an Athena back, anything to get back on the map. Now I just need to figure how to balance it all.

quote:

Why do you keep a secret identity?

To protect my mother. She managed decades without letting it be known... now it's time I protect her. If anybody found out my identity, well, it'd just be an ID check away from finding out her's. And with her in the hospital, with no way of defending herself... there's no way I can risk anybody finding out.

quote:

Who (outside of the team) knows about your secret identity?

My mother... if she can even hear me in there. Other than that, Mr. Pappas with Hellenic. He's my sponsor, just like he was for my mom. His business card was still on our fridge, that's how I knew who to call once I made my decision.

quote:

When did you first put on the mask? Why?

A month ago, because I needed the money. Hellenic was more than happy to have Athena back, even if I'm clearly not the original. Still, it pays the bills and keeps the bank off my back. Plus, their legal department has squelched any family services investigation, so nobody cares that I'm a minor living alone.

quote:

Who thinks the worst of your masked identity?

Fans of Athena. They think I'm a copycat, a weaker version of their beloved champion. I... I know I'll never live up to their expectations. But, I can try, right?

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

Because it's the right thing to do. Because... it's nice to not be alone.

quote:

1. What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!)

Hellenic Oil, a domestic Greek oil company that does deep-drilling in some regions below the Mediterranean. They're much smaller than they used to be, back when they had my mom, but they're still keeping the dream alive. I can only hope I help them out as much as they help me.

Recently, they've been expanding into tech development. The original Athena crown, for example, had retractable lenses to cover the user's eyes - my mom used them liberally. I took it to them early on and they tweaked it a bit, now it generates a "decognition field" specifically designed to make the features of its user impossible to remember. Oh, and they developed a smaller version of my mom's costume armor, since she's so much taller than me.

quote:

Haha, well, my mom, duh! Athena... she's the best, as a hero and as a mother. Survived the Great War as a kid, to become one of the greatest champions ever since. Defeated numerous enemies, took down villains by the handful. And now... she's in the coma ward at St. John's over on Fifth St.

I miss her.

quote:

No clue. I mean, I think it's a good thing and all, but the important things for me right now are keeping the bills paid, staying ahead in school, and setting aside a little time each week to see my mom. Oh, and keeping my job at Papa Italy's - people would start asking questions if I quit and was still managing to pay things off. Heroic Sponsorship program? Don't care, got bigger things to worry about.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 30, 2016

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Oh my God it's Tiger & Bunny: the Game. Consider me in.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Is there anywhere I can get a pdf of this system? I've been curious about it for a while, and this game looks awesome.

...but I'd rather not spring for a physical copy that won't be out until recruitment is long past.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
Could be interested, I'll have to see if I've got a PDF lying around somewhere.

EDIT: I do not.

Alectai fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 29, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

If you have questions or anything, feel free to ask me in #swampthings on synirc, or pm me!

:angel:

And remember, you're a Hero first, and corporately sponsored second. You probably lived a semi-normal life, and have powers that while useful enough to get you noticed, don't have to be like 'oh cold stone is my sponsor, and I make ice'.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 29, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Interest post, will have something up in hopefully a couple of days.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Thinking about a Nova who used to be a student athlete AKA a character I've never once played before.

xian fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 30, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I want to make a Bull for this.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Rosalind O'Connor, the Red King

quote:

Legacy Name: The Red King
Playbook: The Legacy
Look: Woman, White, School uniform, Unique costume
Abilities: Rhongomyniad (magic weaponry), sorcery (shadow portals, shadow cloak stealth), legendary speed, god-like beauty

Labels:

Savior: +2
Mundane: +1

Moves

Fight the Good Fight: When you directly engage a threat that immediately endangers civilians, you can roll + Savior instead of + Danger.

Symbol of Authority: When you give an NPC an order on the authority of your legacy, roll + Savior. On a hit, they choose one:

- Do what you say
- Get out of your way
- Attack you
- Freeze

On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them. On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don't, shift Superior up and any other label down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a Condition and give them Influence over you.

Moment of Truth

This is the moment when you prove how much the mantle belongs to you. You seize control of all your powers, and you defeat even impossible odds to prove you are a true, genuine hero. Of course, after you prove something like that, it’s going to be hard to justify going back to the Team...

quote:

Legacy

Your legacy is an important part of _______ City.

Name the different members of your legacy (at least two):

The Black Knight is still active and prominent in the city.
Felix Penrose (The White Queen) is retired and judgmental.
George O'Connor is the next possible member of your legacy.
Asphodel of the Order of Elysium is the greatest opponent your legacy ever faced...and is still at large.

At the start of the session, roll + Savior to see how the members of your legacy feel or react to
your most recent exploits. On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an
opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will
make their displeasure known. On a miss, something you did stirred up the hornet's nest---expect
several members of your legacy to meddle with your life.

Your legacy comes with traditions you're expected to uphold. At the end of each session, ask the
other players to answer these questions about your performance. For each “no” answer, take -1
forward on your next start of session roll.

- Did you uphold the traditions of your legacy?
- Did you maintain the image of your legacy?
- Did you make the other members of your legacy proud?

quote:

All things considered, we did well and impressed an established hero. Who was it?

Relationships

You once got caught breaking your legacy's rules with ______________.

You trust ______________ and told them an important secret of your legacy.

Influence

You're a part of this team, for better or worse, and you care what they think. Give
influence to all of your teammates.

quote:

1. What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research?
Spheresoft Incorporated. They make...heh, look in the mirror. You're wearing their AR glasses. But you probably know them as the creators of the Crystal Cycle franchise. This costume is actually based on the design of the main character from the latest game.

quote:

My predecessor, the last Red King.

I wouldn't blame you for disagreeing. Depending on who you ask, he's one of the reasons the Third Generation is considered the Worst. Fans of heroes in particular think of him as a heartless traitor. When he exposed Elysium's plot to carve an independent state out of the country, the public lost a lot of faith in their former champions. Our reputation still hasn't fully recovered. The Red King himself simply disappeared after the Order of Elysium was arrested.

Believe me, I know his actions had terrible consequences. He was faced with a situation that couldn't be resolved peacefully. Even so, the Red King did everything he could to protect people. If I'm ever faced with his kind of responsibility, I hope I have it in me to stand up for others as well.

quote:

Speaking as a Spheresoft fangirl, I'm a little doubtful. I signed on for this program because I wanted to help people. Otherwise, I'd have stuck Rhongomyniad under my bed and focused on writing music. Which brings me to my main concern. I don't want to have to choose between being a Spheresoft employee and being the Red King. But if I'm forced to, I know what I'm going to pick.

quote:

When did you officially become a part of your legacy?
I was visiting a local museum at the time to film a commercial for the newest Crystal Cycle game. After we were done for the day, I decided to stick around and have a look at some of the exhibits. To be honest, it felt like I was drawn to one on past Heroes. Especially the display containing the Red King's suit of armor. Imagine my surprise when it got up and walked out of its glass case.

The suit of armor walked up to me and knelt. As it held out its hand, a silver spear materialized with a flash of light. I know I was meant to take it, but...I froze. At least until a shadowy, humanoid something rammed its head through a wall. People panicked as it started tearing itself an entrance with its claws. I knew what I had to do. I grabbed the spear, swinging my new weapon at the shadow thing. Gotta admit, I'm not even sure I gave much more than a nick. But that was all I needed. Light streamed from a rapidly growing wound, burning the creature into a pile of ash.

I turned around just in time to watch the suit of armor lift its visor, giving me a glimpse of a boy about two years older than me. He winked and lowered the mask. The armor clattered to the ground, empty metal once more. Afterwards, I basically got drafted into the Heroic Sponsorship Program. Not entirely unwillingly, mind you. But I did have to pretend the whole mess at the museum was a publicity stunt for my "coronation" as the new Red King. It became official a day later, when I met my counterparts.

The Black Knight, The White Queen, The Silver Sage, and The Gold Archer. Not all of them had a high opinion of me, but they agreed I was one of them. For better or worse, I had been chosen. Which was about all they said regarding who I was now. They took off after they confirmed my status. Leaving me with nothing but questions and a magic spear.

quote:

What's the best story you always heard about your legacy?
Tough question. I think I've told you all I know about my predecessor. Not that I would call that the best story about my legacy. It's too sad. I think my favorite story is about the first Red King (in recent history).

Anyway, despite what you might see on TV or in movies, the first King was no pure-hearted beacon of justice. Bernard South was a cynical, scrawny kid who had grown up during the most chaotic days of the Great War. He blamed the Gifted for the loss of his family and home. That's probably why he bore a sort of grudge against The Sentinel for saving his life. The commander of the heroic forces had wrapped Bernard in his coat to keep him warm while he rushed to a hospital. And this made the boy so angry that he escaped his hospital bed to personally fling the filthy, bloody coat back in his protector's face.

He ended up making good on his intentions, but not to the Sentinel. When the future King found the villain Acheron standing over his savior, he acted to rescue the man in turn. Something awakened in him that day. Acheron unleashed the full might of his dark powers against the boy, only to watch his wounds regenerate almost instantly. The first Red King did not carry any weapon, but had the ability to heal himself and others. The villain exhausted himself fighting the boy, making him easy prey for the heroic commander.

In the end, the Sentinel adopted the Red King as his son. Following the boy's example, he hung up his weapons after the War was over, and turned his efforts to healing the wounds of that terrible conflict. The two spent the rest of their days together, caring for those injured in the War and helping them rebuild. If you can believe it, Acheron would eventually join them, having been humbled and redeemed by a compassion his power could not overcome. In many parts of the world, a legend states the trio are still around. Anyone in truly dire need can expect to be rescued by them.

quote:

How does the public perceive your legacy?
Let's just say I inherited my predecessor's reputation, as well as his weapon. And he changed everything for the name of the Red King. Some people still look backward to the first two generations, hoping that past glory could be recaptured. Others think the time of the Red King and his Court has come and gone. Which stings, but what really gets to me is said Court. My counterparts, I mean. They haven't given me the time of day since they took five minutes to say, "You're the Red King. Have fun with that." Maybe the resent me for taking over a position held by their friend. For all I know, there's something they're not telling me.

quote:

How does your legacy tie into your reasons for being a hero?

This is a dream come true. I'm saying it now and I don't care who's listening anymore. I believe in what the heroes of the past who fought for a better, kinder world, whatever generation they belonged to. I'd never think of using my own magic for anything else. You can call me naive. And I know there could be as much pain or hardship ahead as adventure or joy. But I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. The Red Kings of the past stood up for what was right when people needed them to. They were bringers of hope and champions of those in need. I just hope I can measure up.

quote:

Because they're also trying to make the world a better place, and I want to help them. Plus, I'd like to believe I can trust them to watch my back.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 11, 2016

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I just had this idea three days ago and I'm a little bummed that I had apparently siphoned it from the collective consciousness.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

I know nothing about masks, but this seems interesting. how hard is masks to learn? i might try my hand at a charecter app.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Magnusth posted:

I know nothing about masks, but this seems interesting. how hard is masks to learn? i might try my hand at a charecter app.

It's really easy to learn. It's PBTA.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Magnusth posted:

Yeah, it's really simple. If you want a simple thread to read that shows some of it in action, Valk-Masks shows what the game is kinda like when being played.

And i am, of course, always open to questions.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Pretty Witch Circe
プリティ魔女キルケ

An explosion in the distance, I can hear it rumbling, everyone in class rushes to the window to see the commotion along with the teacher, I can do it, I get out into the hallway and rush to the roof of the school and throw my keyring, a tiny little staff to the ground. It grows into a full size staff and I hop on, using the mana in my body to cause the staff to levitate a bit before it rockets off into the scene of the explosion. I am Ami Inuzami, aka Pretty Witch Circe, the youngest daughter of a long line of witches and warlocks. I'm...the weakest though really...all my family are skilled in many types of magic, where as I am only skilled in defensive magic and Entropic magic...

I was sent out of our home land to work on powering up my magic by fighting monsters and bad guys, and when I first moved into my apartment I met my neighbor, Michiru, a girl of my age whose mom runs an outfitting company has really helped me along, I am a witch and I fight evil, and with the whole sponsorship system she found that I would be the perfect billboard for her and now whenever I go out to fight the evil I wear a uniform designed by Michiru's Mom, Hotaru Ranka.

I'm also sponsored by Mana Burst Energy Drink, to them, a small independent company, having a magical girl as their mascot is perfect for them. Oh! I guess I better get back to the story! So I get to that monster who is destroying the city and it dares to take a swipe at me! Can you believe the nerve of that guy! So I jump ontop of my staff and I start incanting, of course my incantations are in Latin, but I start incanting a prison spell, and that keeps it from causing any more harm to the city, and while it is stuck inside that prison, I use my most powerful destructive magic -- only level 10 -- on the monster blowing it apart inside the jail, which handily enough keeps it from spraying all over the block. A couple of newsreporters come up to me and I swig a bottle of my mana potion and smile as they start questioning me.

"Great Job Circe!" one of them say "You look absolutely adorable in that uniform!"

"Yes, I am really glad that Ranka Outfitters provide me with such a nice uniform, its sturdy enough to last a battle, but nice enough I can go out onto the street to go out on a date!"

"And I saw you take a drink, what was that you drank?" Another report asked, obviously this part was just staged, but I am giving them what they want. I pull out a bottle of Mana Blast and with a deep smile, my eyes closed, I say "It's Mana Blast's newest flavor, Full Heal, guaranteed to pick you up after a hard day of fighting crime and evil, its the energy drink of heroes!"

I finish the interview and thank them and I head home, Michiru jumps me and sends me flying to the ground. This is the reason why I fight, the friends that I have made and the people that smile when I protect them. That's what matters to me.

quote:

PRETTY WITCH CIRCE:
Playbook: Nova
Moment of Truth: It’s like your mind’s eye opens up, and you can see the world around you like never before. You can control it, at will, with ease. Of course, warping reality tends to have ramifications down the line, but in your moment of godhood...how could you possibly be worried?
Well...my main magic type that I know is Destruction magic...there are eight schools of magic in our family, the five elements plus creation, life and destruction. The more destructive the spell, the more dangerous it is to the world around, up to and including destroying planets...

TEAM MOVES:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you see fear in their eyes. If they say no, take +1 forward and mark potential. If they say yes, immediately shift your Danger up and Savior down.\
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them how you think they canstop you. Give them Influence over you, and clear a Condition.

Look: Woman, Asian, Casual Clothing, Fashionable Costume
Abilities: Sorcery
LABELS
Freak: +2
Danger: +2
Savior: 0
Mundane: -1

Influence: Happy Facade

Flares:
Reality Storm: You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 Burn to directly engage a threat using your powers, rolling + Freak instead of + Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you spend another Burn.

Shielding: You call up a fast protective field to stop a danger. Spend 1 Burn to defend someone else from an immediate threat, rolling + Freak instead of + Savior.

Moat: Spend 1 Burn to create a barrier that will hold back weak or mundane threats as long as you keep your attention on it.

Overcharge: You let loose with the full torrent of your powers without restraint. Spend 1 Burn and mark a condition to take a 10+ on unleashing your powers.

quote:

1. What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!) Ranka Outfitters Co.
2. What hero do you look up to, and from what Generation do they hail? Are they still alive? Still active? Dr. Danger, the mystic hero from a couple of decades ago, who completely mastered the power of fate magic and destructive magic. They disappeared a long time ago, no one knows what happened to them.
3. What is your opinion on the Heroic Sponsorship program? I am not a fan of it, but I need the money, but if I try to do work, school and superhero, I would never get any sleep.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 8, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Interest post. Will most likely app a Bull Delinquent.

nil. fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 5, 2016

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So what's the timeline here? Are we talking the Event happened this decade and the game takes place in the future or are we talking the Event took place in, like, the forties and this is an alternate timeline present? It's kinda hard to tell.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DeTosh posted:

Is there anywhere I can get a pdf of this system? I've been curious about it for a while, and this game looks awesome.

...but I'd rather not spring for a physical copy that won't be out until recruitment is long past.

In the same boat, really. The story looks cool, and PBTA games are neat, but I'd really want to read the mechanics a bit before committing to an idea to make sure they work how I think they do. I know this Kickstarted, but is there anywhere to get a legit PDF?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Megazver posted:

So what's the timeline here? Are we talking the Event happened this decade and the game takes place in the future or are we talking the Event took place in, like, the forties and this is an alternate timeline present? It's kinda hard to tell.

It's similar time to our own, the Event happened in the late 30s, early 40s, and derailed human history from there. The presence of super geniuses due to Gifts has the world at a slightly more advanced place than our own, but not Batman Beyond level 'tron line future'.

Liquid Communism posted:

In the same boat, really. The story looks cool, and PBTA games are neat, but I'd really want to read the mechanics a bit before committing to an idea to make sure they work how I think they do. I know this Kickstarted, but is there anywhere to get a legit PDF?

The PDFs are only officially available to those who backed - all that has been released thus far is a small section on GMing, the basic moves, and the ten playbooks.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Miracle, the Legacy

WIP

quote:

Legacy Name: Miracle
Playbook: The Legacy
Origin: Scion of a line of Heroes
Look: Woman, White, Comfortable Clothing, Modern Costume
Abilities: Super Strength, Invincibility, Super Speed, Flight, Super Senses

Labels:
Freak: 0
Savior: +3

Moves
Symbol of Authority
When you give an NPC an order on the authority of your legacy, roll + Savior. On a hit, they choose one:
- Do what you say
- Get out of your way
- Attack you
- Freeze
On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them. On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

Never give up, never surrender
When you take a powerful blow, use this move instead of the base move. Roll + Savior. On a hit, you stand strong and choose one. On a 7-9, mark a condition.
- You get an opportunity or opening against your attacker.
- You rally from the hit, and it inspires the team. Add a team to the pool.
- You keep your attacker's attention.
On a miss, you go down hard but leave your opponent off balance and vulnerable.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don't, shift Superior up and any other label down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a Condition and give them Influence over you.

All things considered, we did well and impressed an established hero. Who was it?

Relationships
You once got caught breaking your legacy's rules with ______________.
You trust ______________ and told them an important secret of your legacy.

Influence
You're a part of this team, for better or worse, and you care what they think. Give influence to all of your teammates.

The Legacy posted:

Your legacy is an important part of Premonition. Name the different members of your legacy (at least two):
_____________ is retired and judgmental.
_____________ is still active and prominent in the city.
_____________ is the next possible member of your legacy.
_____________ is the greatest opponent your legacy ever faced...and is still at large.

At the start of the session, roll +Savior to see how the members of your legacy feel or react to your most recent exploits. On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will make their displeasure known. On a miss, something you did stirred up the hornet's nest---expect several members of your legacy to meddle with your life. Your legacy comes with traditions you're expected to uphold. At the end of each session, ask the other players to answer these questions about your performance. For each “no” answer, take -1 forward on your next start of session roll.
- Did you uphold the traditions of your legacy?
- Did you maintain the image of your legacy?
- Did you make the other members of your legacy proud?

quote:

What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!)

quote:

What hero do you look up to, and from what Generation do they hail? Are they still alive? Still active?

quote:

What is your opinion on the Heroic Sponsorship program?

quote:

(Optional) Thread title suggestions, give them to me!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Make way for Eagle J, the Protege!

quote:

Name: Eagle J
Playbook: The Protege
Look: Woman, White, Casual Clothing, Mentor's Garb
Abilities: Shared Ability: Superspeed, Own Ability: Super Jumping, Mentor's Ability: Flight

Labels: F +1, D -1, Sa 0, Su +2, M +1

Moves:

Fireside Chat: When you seek advice from your Mentor, roll + the Label they embody. On a hit they give you insightful advice. On a 10+, mark potential if you follow their advice, and take +1 ongoing for as long as you do. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down. Mark a condition, GM's choice.

Venting Frustration: When you directly engage while you are Angry, you can roll + the Label your mentor denies and clear Angry.

Heroic Tradition: When you give someone the advice that you think your mentor would give, you can roll + the Label your mentor embodies to comfort or support someone, instead of rolling + Mundane.

Moment of Truth: The moment that you show who you really are: your mentor, or something different. You can do whatever your mentor could do, and more. You can do the incredible, even the things they always failed at. Of course, it's going to be hard to go back to studying with them after you've found your own way...

Team Moves:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you were a good leader or effective team mate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you and take +1 forward on using the label your mentor embodies.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you and add a team to the pool.

Mentor posted:

Eagle G

Embodies: Superior

Deny: Freak

Resources: A base/housing, Communicators, Training facilities

"Alright, hero alias, sponsor, and powers, please."

Eagle J, official hero of Eastern Air, speaking! Super speedy, super jumpy!

"Tell us about your relationship with Eagle G."

Eagle G is my mentor, my idol, and my legal guardian! I learned everything I know about being a hero from him! From Eagle Manor, the two of us keep a watchful eye on the city and show people that superhumans are nothing to be feared! Sure, sometimes I get a bit too excited and he has to hold me back, but that's the passion of youth!

"What does being a hero mean to you?"

Being a hero means serving the people, making the world safe! It means making the Earth a better place for my having been here. For me, being a hero gives me a sense of purpose, a mission in life! If I didn't help people, I'd be wasting these gifts that God gave me, and that can't do!

"One more question: Do you think you have what it takes?"

Pssh, what kinda question is that? Would I be here if I didn't?! I mean, I'm the next generation of Eagle! I've got the reputation of Eagle G lying on my shoulders! A-Anybody else would be shaking in their boots, but...I'm..not! Aw geez...

quote:

- How did you first meet your mentor?

Eagle G was actually a family friend. He knew both of my parents from back when they were heroes. They retired when they had me, of course. He's actually my godfather, so I've known him all my life.

quote:

- When and why did you choose to train with them?

Well, my parents were going to train me, but...when I was 8, they both got killed by a villain with a grudge. I didn't have many other family members, so Eagle G...George...took me in and took on the role of training me himself. I really looked up to George, so it really couldn't have been anybody else but him.

quote:

- Why did they agree to train you?

George always seemed to notice that we had similar powers, so I think he'd have trained me a bit even if my parents were still alive. Their death just accelerated that process. George is a great guardian, and he treats me like his own.

quote:

- Who else, outside of the team, knows about your training?

Well, I'm not really keeping it a secret! Look at my name! But I'd think the only other person with intimate knowledge of how it went down is George's butler, Charles. He's great. Really dry wit, and he always makes me laugh.

quote:

- Why do you care about the team?

Because they're my comrades and comrades look out for each other!

quote:

Eastern Air! Getting you where you need to go via the friendly skies!

quote:

Eagle G, of course! He's from the Worst Generation, still alive and well and still active!

quote:

Well, George doesn't really like it, but he sees it as a necessary evil after the Worst Generation. I think he'd rather I be unsponsored like him, but if this is what it takes, I'm willing to do it!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 3, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage

Flowrs.com Official Sponsored Hero Profile posted:

Hero Name: Corsage
Playbook: The Bull
Look: Man, White, Casual (yet fashionable) Clothing, Over-the-top Costume
Abilities: Floriography-Gains remarkable powers in the presence of certain flowers.

Labels:
Freak +1
Danger +2
Savior 0
Superior +1
Mundane -1

Moves:
The Bull’s Heart: Defender
Punch Everyone
There When It Matters

Hey, people in the past were smart, you know? Back in the Victorian Era, even the starched farts and pressed flowers back then knew about my power. Sure, it would be like a hundred years after they were all dead and moldy that I, Alexander Rose would be born, but they knew the power of flowers. They wrote whole books on it, about all the things you could say with a flower. You know the old saying; a picture is worth a thousand words of power? And if a picture of a flower is worth that much, imagine how much you can get from the real thing, baby!

Ever since I was a little kid, I had one hell of a green thumb. Only natural the natural world would reward me. I remember it like it was yesterday; I was ten, my brother was six and we were in the garden. I was tending to the flowers, as I did and do, when suddenly I heard poor little Julie shout. A dog had gotten into the garden and it wasn’t looking for tummy rubs, I will tell you. Its mouth was all afroth and it was hungry for two tender tots. Well, I was holding a few flowers in my hand then—lucky that—and before I knew what I was doing, I was between my brother and the dog, with nothing but a fistful of chamomile and snapdragon. But blessed me, I didn’t need anything else. I took that mangy mastiff by the tail and threw it clear out of the garden.

From there on out, I was on my way to the top. People love a hero; especially a very photogenic one with flashy powers. Inside of a week I had a dozen hero programs pounding on my door, begging for Viral Video Sensation, Alexander Rose, to join them next semester. Of course, a young man with his whole life ahead of him and such great potential, I weighed my options carefully and enrolled in only the classiest, most prestigious program; High Rise’s Academy For Future Heroes. Ah, what fond memories I formed in those hallowed halls, the friendships I forged, the FOUNDATIONS OF HEROICS that I built! Shame that it closed down for some reason or another.

But I didn’t let that stop me of course. I beat pavement and put myself out there to hunt myself a sponsor. It’s much harder than it sounds. I know, you look at me, at all of this and you’d think I could just walk up into the boardroom of Apple, proud as a peacock with a Battle Bouquet pinned to my chest and demand they sponsor me. Sadly, the world isn’t always just; that’s what heroes are for. I had a brief, brief stint as the hero for International Flavors & Fragrances, but, ah, it did not end well. Let’s just say that I had to burn that phone number and leave it at that.

Ah, but if I hadn’t run—did I say run? I meant parted ways with—IFF, I would never have found my wonderful patrons at Flowrs. Wonderful people who provide a wonderful service; a lovely little app that connects people who want flowers with florists who need business. It was this wonderful build-a-bouquet feature, which I have used myself, that helps you find the flowers you need, for the price you can afford. My father is a florist, so it gets me right where I live, you know? And they’re such sweethearts, giving me a nice paycheck, benefits, expenses, this lovely costume—and all while being pre-revenue? Such generosity with other people’s money! And with this team now, it looks like everything is coming up Corsage.

Why, Flowrs International, LLC, of course! As I said, they make that wonderful florist app.

Ooh, this one’s a toughie—but the answer is obviously High Rise. What, you haven’t heard of him? Why he’s only the greatest, classiest, most wonderful hero ever, the shining star of the so-called Worst Generation! He can control concrete, so you can just imagine how powerful he is in an urban setting. Why, I remember when I first saw video of him fighting the Silver Griffin—sensational! He brought that bumbling birdman down for the count with his patented (and I do mean patented) High Riser; it was the cooled thing I had ever seen and made me want to be a hero some day, no matter what it took or how hard it was. Sadly, he has since retired from the business—or not so sadly, as he parlayed his fame into a business empire and a whole network of heroing academies. I sincerely hope to shake his hand one day.

I think it’s fantastic. Why, a man can’t live on flowers alone; trust me, I’ve tried. Even if some sponsors aren’t the best, others, like Flowrs, pick up the slack and help young up-and-comers like myself!

Corporate Heroes: This Isn’t an S. It’s a Trademark.

The Real Story: (Much of the above is inflation and outright fabrication. Alexander Rose has a loose relationship with the truth)

Alexander Rose first entered the public eye when he saved his younger brother from a dog attack. The attack was caught on camera by the home’s security system, passed around the family and later leaked online, where it quickly rose to viral status. This led to a brief surge in interest from Hero Academies. However, his prospects quickly dried up when the nature of his power came to light. He drew strength from flowers, yes, but it was highly inefficient and impractical. For a brief burst of energy he would have to destroy a bouquet of flowers; otherwise he would need to stay near live flowers. And of course they needed to be flowers that aligned to useful abilities; white chrysanthemums are lovely but “enhanced truth” doesn’t stop giant killer robots. Much to his delight, one of High Rise’s schools did not withdraw their offer. In four years, the school would be shut down by the government for financial irregularities and questionable curriculum. His parents, always willing to help him pursue his dreams, did not require him to return to school—though they did require that he get a GED by 18.

Who changed you?
Alexander sought success as a hero and everything that went with it. As he saw it, that required a sponsorship in this day and age. With his unique power set as a draw, he managed to court IFF (International Flavors & Fragrances) as a patron. However, he did not realize that they had no real interest in sponsoring a hero. Their true interest was trying to unlock the secret of his powers. Aromatherapy, after all, is big money. Imagine if it actually did what it claimed on the bottle! Under the guise of attempting to augment his powers, IFF experimented upon young Alexander only unlocking a whole new level of potential within him by accident. It was also by accident that he discovered IFF’s true nature: These experiments, which he had convinced himself through it all were for his benefit and to the benefit of all mankind were, in truth, the work of the International Fiend Federation, a shadowy cabal of villains that planned to use the secrets his body contained to allow them to rise to even greater heights of wealth and power.

How did you escape?
After discovering the nature of his treatments and the IFF, he was locked up in the depths of their facility. Over weeks, he managed to squirrel away the extracts they had been using on him for testing and so broke into the Extracts Lockup and overdosed on chamomile extract. Taking extracts is unpleasant for Alexander and has severe side effects, but in the short term can provide an incredible boost. Chamomile is the flower of “energy in action”, so in extreme amounts…Well, Alexander was almost literally a man on fire escaping from that facility, throwing guards to the side and outrunning hunter drones. Once out of the facility, he made his way to a nearby florist and the IFF wisely chose not to pursue.

Who, outside of your team, looks out for you now?
Maxine Fleur, head of PR at Flowrs, has been keeping an eye out for Alexander. Fleur was once a hero herself, of the Third Generation, under the name Rosethorn. She would turn roses into a variety of weapons, very flashy. She quickly built a network of connections and parlayed it into a career in PR and advertising. Strictly speaking, she’s a contractor hired by Flowrs, not an employee, but she’s taken a personal interest in young Alexander and cares deeply about his wellbeing. Most of his interactions with Flowrs happen through her.

Why do you try to be a Hero?
While Alexander does look up to High Rise, he does it all for his little brother, who thinks the world of his “hero” brother. To disappoint him would crush Alexander.

Alexander is in love with the idea of being a hero, and the benefits that it provides. A team seems like a good way to get everything his heart desires.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 23, 2016

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

KittyEmpress posted:

The PDFs are only officially available to those who backed - all that has been released thus far is a small section on GMing, the basic moves, and the ten playbooks.

Sokay, I found the beta versions on DriveThruRPG. Are those still accurate enough to use?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Princess Patriot, the Legacy

Evil doers beware a new avatar of freedom and justice is on patrol! With the Tireless TorchTM shining bright citizens can fear not! For the most important freedom is the freedom from fear!

Did that sound good? I'm still working my heroic introduction. You would think this would come naturally after spending so much time around the hero business. I'm the heiress of Defense Dynasty. Well sort of, I have two brothers and six cousins so it's not like I'm going to be the head of the brand let alone any time soon. Yeah my Great Grandpa was in the Great War. the Eternal Soldier. Aptly named too as he's aged gracefully since he's spent so much time in his mystic armor. But at his age that means he looks like a crusty retiree instead of being dead. And Grandpa became Captain Capital, scourge of godless communists. And dad was Minute Man, the hawkeyed vigil of the home front. Each generation has had a house hold name, and a few lesser knowns. So there's a lot of expectation on me to keep up the good fight and continue the tradition of god loving freedom fighters.

I'm new to heroics but I'm pretty practiced with the corporate side of things. My folks are still in that reality show after all. I was on a few episodes. Dad's an avid hunter of course, knowing his way around guns so much, and that really isn't my scene. In fact the sponsor I lined up is focused on gun safety. Homefront Solutions. They sell gun cabinets and locks and stuff. They're experimenting with new ways to prevent a fire arm from harming its owner. That is who they are most dangerous too after all, statistically. It can be easy to forget that when you can survive a bullet anyway. We just can't have the conversation end at arm the masses. It just makes it easy for thugs to arm themselves. And yes yes, I know, if they're criminals they'll arm themselves anyway! But why make it so easy for them? As for law abiding citizens they have us, and the cops. Isn't that enough?

The folks are a little gung ho about their convictions. Like my uncle said anyone who wasn't faithful enough to attend church didn't have the moral compass to be a hero. Like yeah sure, but you don't say it like that! There's other religions that teach people to be good. Like uh, Buddhism. Yeah those guys are great. But yeah someone's always saying something that gets the liberals up in arms. Really they don't need any encouragement. And some of the stuff grandpa and great grandpa say is kind of messed up. Like it wasn't that bad when they thought it back in the day but we've collectively recognized those as bad ideas. Sometimes I'm a little embarrassed by them.

They really should follow Templar Redeemer's example. Well I guess they would never take pointers from a young gun from my dad's generation. But I really look up to him. He really walks the walk. He's mostly retired now. His charity work, building schools and all that good stuff, has become full time with crime fighting more of a side gig. That's probably living the dream. Get to the point where your reputation is self sustaining and use that to work on what you really want to. Do some real good instead of just punching the mentally ill. Well i assume villains are mentally ill. They certainly act like it! I don't know what would possibly possess someone to be so awful. Most godless people are just run of the mill shitheads. Sorry. But it's true. They're like all over online.

I hope I become as prominent as Redeemer. I'm a little nervous since uh, a lot of our power comes from ancient artifacts attuned to our family. Using stuff like that isn't an instinct. And no one has used the Tireless TorchTM yet. They are testing it out with me for a statue of liberty theme. Mom didn't want me prancing about in a loose toga, so the theme is only implied. They say the torch dates back to the founding of the country. Concentrated in masonic rituals. The good kind. Not that conspiracy stuff. The social club very dedicated to free labor kind. And my costume has pieces of battle flags used at Gettysburg sewn it. They were destroyed in the battle! We don't go around desecrating flags don't even joke about that.

quote:

Princess Patriot
Mary Jo Lacroix

Legacy
LABELS
Savior: +2

Fight the good fight: When you directly engage a threat that pull your punches against, you can roll + Savior instead of +Danger. If you do, you cannot choose to impress, surprise, or frighten your foe.
Symbol of authority: When you give an NPC an order based on authority they recognize, roll + Savior. On a hit, they choose one:- do what you say- get out of your way- attack you at a disadvantage- freezeOn a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them. On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

Minute Man is still active and prominent
Captain Capital is retired and judgmental
Mark Luke (cousin) is the next possible member of the legacy
Babylon the Temptress is the greatest opponent of the legacy still at large.

The Legacy has Divine armor, magic weaponry, mythic might, legendary speed, god-like beauty
Mary has Magic Weapons, Divine Armor, and God-like Beauty.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 27, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:d: [2016 GDC Teaser Trailer - Q³ Superfly]

The trailer begins with blank white screen, and then a sketchy hand reaching out, shifting as if made from scratch paper, that rapidly tears and peels back over a black and green wireframe of that same hand, turning to face a basic looking figure.

“What’s the final frontier…” comes the young voice over, as the hand reaches further towards the screen, and the wireframes dissolve into pixel graphics, rapidly coming into focus, which then bloom into polygons of the figure.

“When your vehicle is imagination?” There is a cube around the figure that consistently shifts into more and more clear graphical styles, with a few obvious references to past styles and systems as with the previous ones. The wireframe cube itself develops similarly through different stages, creating a skybox and then simplistic to advanced world features.

“You’ve seen your world…” Pan back from the cube, and the curvature of a convex screen, with the reflection of the kid on it, bowing outwards as he examines the cube, but we keep going back further, and we’re actually in another cube, that’s inside the back of a VR headset worn by the same figure.

“You’ve experienced our world…” We keep going further and further out, with yet another layer, this time reflected on the interior of a set of augmented-reality glasses, the hud barely visible as we come forward towards the camera as we reach out to a single, clear and crystal cube.

“There’s only one thing left to do.”

The cube glows, and like points all around, more light up, and join together, to create shapes, and replicas of all the worlds and characters brought forth, but very much in the real world, symbolized by a real blue sky above, and not a skybox.

Q³, coming Q3 of 2018.
Brought to you by Superfly