Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Does anyone know who Nick Virgil is?

He's a decent ILB from Utah State. Decent in coverage, struggles against the run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DariusLikewise posted:

Is Connor Cook really that much of an rear end in a top hat

Dude looks like someone that travels with a box of animals he tortured to death.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
*sigh*

Peko's still gonna start by the time my kids are in college.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just realized the Bucs have the third round punter to go along with the second round kicker.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Does anyone know who Nick Virgil is?

you mean Nick Vigil, and he was basically the cornerstone of Utah State's defense for the past few years.

e: whoa him and Kyler Fackrell were picked back to back, when's the last time that's happened for Utah State

Alaois fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 30, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

wandler20 posted:

Just realized the Bucs have the third round punter to go along with the second round kicker.
Hahahaha

We passed our disease on to you now!!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

JT Jag posted:

Hahahaha

We passed our disease on to you now!!!

Does Anger suck?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Not thrilled about Tyler Boyd. I get the pick, but would probably have rather just seen us take an NT there and wait for pharoh cooper or somebody in the 3rd/4th. Oh well!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

you mean Nick Vigil, and he was basically the cornerstone of Utah State's defense for the past few years.

Duke Tobin has earned the benefit of the doubt. Like, by a lot. I really, really wanted Billings.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Metapod posted:

Check this: nick virgil = lick virgin

!!! He's right !!!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Really hope the Raiders can grab an MLB like Kentrell Brothers or an RB like Kenneth Dixon tomorrow!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

At first I was a worried about the Broncos 2nd rounder being some random loving Australian guy but then I checked up on what other teams did and :laffo: I sure feel a lot better now!

Good 3rd round pick though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Really hope the Raiders can grab an MLB like Kentrell Brothers or an RB like Kenneth Dixon tomorrow!
Please no. I want to keep liking Brothers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jax is busy just crushing the draft picking up BPA after BPA.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

You'll take mysterious high character players at random positions and like it :dealwithit:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'm not that pumped about the Jaguars taking Jack. Dude had good film and all but I think that knee derails him like it did to uh...Bowers I think it was.

Ramsey was pretty good though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also it's kinda dumb but rumor has it Chicago was going to take Xavier Howard so Miami jumped them.

Still, we blew 3 good value picks on guys I think we could have gotten later. Oh well.

Trenchcoat
Oct 15, 2012
I'm just happy Baalke didn't do his usual outside-the-box shtick besides the unnecessary moveup into the 1st.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

japtor posted:

You'll take mysterious high character players at random positions and like it :dealwithit:

Hahaha mentally pick whoever the BPA big name is available

get used to the Raiders not picking him for some random dude that's not supposed to be drafted for another round

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
So how did the Seahawks do on Day 2?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Was the gently caress was the Raiders 2nd round pick

Even the third round pick is better

I'd guess they just really valued his versatility since he can play any spot on the line. You'd think we could have solidified a starting spot in the 2nd round, but I don't see Ward as much more than a rotational guy. Still something we desperately needed though.

What's the deal with this Browns QB? Is anyone seeing what Hue saw going back over him?

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Loving the Jags draft this year. If the Jags only get 3-4 years out of Jack before his knee explodes I still think it is an amazing pick in the 2nd round.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Cactus Jack posted:

Loving the Jags draft this year. If the Jags only get 3-4 years out of Jack before his knee explodes I still think it is an amazing pick in the 2nd round.

I think you're hoping he comes back more so than hoping for a long career. But yeah I love the risk reward

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MonsterWalk posted:

I mean, the Kessler pick is bad but at least it wasn't Hack/Cook. An OK draft.

I'm not quite sure we'll see Kessler starting this season or even next.

Unless RG3 just completely sucks. Even then? Yeah Josh McCown is likely starting to close out the season IMO. He just seems like a project guy, not even a guy worth even giving playing time too or hedging your bets as the "FUTURE STARTING QB" type of figure. (Colt McCoy and Charlie Frye come to mind...)

If RG3 sucks? Well..we're drafting a QB next year with our first pick. End of discussion at that point.

I don't hate the pick because it puts me at ease putting him in that category. If they'd have drafted Cook, Hackenberg or even Cardale Jones (who I actually really like)? Then the odds are those guys would have seen playing time if RG3 sucked. I don't get that vibe with this pick though. Too weird of a spot, too weird of a pick.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This dude gave Kessler a 3rd round grade and compared him to Andy Dalton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7nghq2SQ_k

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_bQctE5UY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5m-AlIheWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSQDkgO6iEM

bills have not bills'd this draft at all

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
After a very sad day 1 the Giants made two good choices that I am perfectly content with

though really we still need a Tackle

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I think you're hoping he comes back more so than hoping for a long career. But yeah I love the risk reward

I haven't really thought or been worried about him coming back from the injury, just the long term stuff. :shrug:

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Blitz7x posted:

Was the gently caress was the Raiders 2nd round pick

Drink the kool-aid, it'll help you sleep easier.

https://twitter.com/DCarr75/status/726203161627611136

...that's all I got

Ugly Tony fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 30, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wasn't thrilled with Will Fuller

Very happy with Nick Martin and Braxton Miller

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

with Braxton Miller you got both your second best WR and best QB in one pick :v:

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
Happy with the Ravens picks. Our pass rush was composed entirely of two players over the age of 30, so hopefully one of Correa and Kaufusi works out.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

with Braxton Miller you got both your second best WR and best QB in one pick :v:

Oh jeez I just realized how bad the dumb wildcat poo poo failed and now Braxton gives them more chances to do dumb stuff

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Intruder posted:

Oh jeez I just realized how bad the dumb wildcat poo poo failed and now Braxton gives them more chances to do dumb stuff

there's no way the texans resort to that old-hat poo poo with an entrenched starter like

oh poo poo, brock osweiler?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Alaois posted:

e: whoa him and Kyler Fackrell were picked back to back, when's the last time that's happened for Utah State

Uh I think that is illegal in the state of Utah

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Connor cook is good.

Lions made a good pick and a bad one. Can't wait to combo up all of the bad former Big Ten offensive linemen and watch Staff get sacked 50 times this year

Most of the analysis of both the lineman I have read boiled down to "[Bad Big Ten Lineman] may never develop into a good starting player, but he did play a lot of college games and he's mean." If they let the Lions play in the Big Ten next season that kind of experience is really gonna pay off.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

MEJ had all the talent in the world, it was just getting him to use it.

Jihad has none of it

lol what? No talent? Okay, I guess that's the end of this discussion.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/726269194665385984

lol if my division rivals take Hack and Cook in the same draft

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Despite certain events i still think the Bucs are having a rad draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwat
May 6, 2007

According to his NFL.com profile, Patriots' 2nd round cornerback Cyrus Jones' nickname is "Clamp Clampington."

I am now on board.

• Locked thread