Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

wandler20 posted:

Does Anger suck?
Anger is a very frustrating punter to watch. The guy has a ton of leg talent, he can boot the ball 65 yards like no one's business, but he'll do it completely unangled, straight down the field, with no hangtime whatsoever. This results in him outkicking his coverage all the time. So that 65 yard kick will turn into a 45 yard kick after the return, and so on.

He's not bad--- he's exactly league average for a punter--- but drat, he gets his net punting average in the most irritating way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The weird thing about giving up so much for a kicker is that they're so unpredictable. They get into weird slumps, their minds and confidence get all screwed up... They're almost more like golfers or pitchers than football players. Look at Caleb Sturgis from UF. His senior year was actually better than Aguayo's junior year, we drafted him late and he got beat out this year by an UDFA after like a year and a half of struggling.

Also, Aguayo is not Seabass. Not even close...

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Ehud posted:

The weird thing about giving up so much for a kicker is that they're so unpredictable. They get into weird slumps, their minds and confidence get all screwed up... They're almost more like golfers or pitchers than football players. Look at Caleb Sturgis from UF. His senior year was actually better than Aguayo's junior year, we drafted him late and he got beat out this year by an UDFA after like a year and a half of struggling.

Yeah it can be comical how streaky they are. I think there are no less than 4 NFL starting kickers who were cut by the Redskins over the past few seasons (Suisham, Novak, Gano, Graham).

shiksa posted:

man i know i shouldn't, but i'm looking up vids of su'a cravens playing safety and by golly these are some great highlights. especially for a true freshman, jesus.

It's really weird seeing positive commentary about the Redskins' picks. I'm just hoping they can still find d line help in the later rounds.

And I'm slightly worried about picking a WR in the first, as the last two wide receivers they took in the first were Rod Gardner and Michael Westbrook.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

I will forgive John Dorsey if he turns all this trade down bullshit into Pharoh Cooper, Evan Boehm and Kevin Hogan in the 4th.

Agreed but Hogan?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Really loved the Colts first pick, but the second and third today gave me some pause.

I feel like our guards were more of a concern than tackle, but if it means Luck lives to see 30 I'll take it.

Defensively... I honestly can't think of a spot that we don't need to improve. Davis is safe. Everyone else is old or bad. Anderson looked promising though.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Bills draft is delicious this year. Give 0 fucks about losing some lovely 4th rounders for Ragland.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I actually like the Browns draft for the first time since maybe 2007. Quote this to mock me later.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
After so many years of the Patriots trying to figure out a long term solution for CB in the draft, I can no longer say I'm particularly excited for this latest iteration in Cyrus Jones.

I am, however, eagerly awaiting the draft picks that Bill is gonna get for Jacoby Brissett.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The worst part of Cook dropping is that I have to listen to my dad bitch about disrespecting the Spartan brand for eternity

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I've given up trying to make any sense of Patriots drafts. Their track record is good with DL, OL and LB, average with DBs, so I'm fine with who they took. They almost never care about RB and are terrible with WR drafting so skipping on those is no surprise and kind of a relief respectively.

And LOL at taking a 3rd round quarterback when Jimmy G is under contract through 2017 instead of literally any other position they actually could have a use for.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
What did we do to deserve hackenberg while rex ryan is having a great draft so far

I hate football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Anaranjado posted:

Not thrilled about Tyler Boyd. I get the pick, but would probably have rather just seen us take an NT there and wait for pharoh cooper or somebody in the 3rd/4th. Oh well!

Gotta say I think you're wrong brother. Tyler Boyd should be a perfect compliment to Green and I'm actually more worried about the Bengals receiving corp now than I was last year.

I passed out right as the 3rd round started, The Jags got Yannick Ngakoue too? They actually did it. They turned their entire defense around in a single draft.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 30, 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

I've given up trying to make any sense of Patriots drafts. Their track record is good with DL, OL and LB, average with DBs, so I'm fine with who they took. They almost never care about RB and are terrible with WR drafting so skipping on those is no surprise and kind of a relief respectively.

And LOL at taking a 3rd round quarterback when Jimmy G is under contract through 2017 instead of literally any other position they actually could have a use for.

Belichick is overrated as a personnel guy but it's been covered up by Brady and cheating

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So who ends up picking up Cook now? The Chiefs, Cowboys, Browns maybe? It'd be hilarious if RG3 got beat out by another MSU QB.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The worst part of Cook dropping is that I have to listen to my dad bitch about disrespecting the Spartan brand for eternity

I'm really happy that my dad has heard that Cook is apparently a real douchebag otherwise I'd be in the same boat. I thought that the non-captain thing was weird at the time but not a huge issue, but man, he must have really acted like a jackass in his interviews.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm really happy that my dad has heard that Cook is apparently a real douchebag otherwise I'd be in the same boat. I thought that the non-captain thing was weird at the time but not a huge issue, but man, he must have really acted like a jackass in his interviews.

My dad on Facebook this morning:

quote:

It's ridiculous! Those ESPN morons perpetuate the myth that he isn't a leader when he led his team to top 6 finishes and won huge bowl and championship games for 3 straight years. I'm disgusted by it and not one scout or GM will go record as to what these supposed "character" issues are. I hope he ends up as the next Brady and sticks it to the league for years to come.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol your dad owns

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Your dad has a talent for vocalizing my nightmares.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

R.D. Mangles posted:

hackenberg is the jetsiest bust pick ever and i wish the draft was in new york

"The Jets select tight end... "

" OH GOD NO! "

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Maybe the jets know something, yanno, the people up here don't.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Your dad has a talent for vocalizing my nightmares.

I wish I had a dad

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was talking to Henchman. You know, the Conor Cook as the next Tom Brady bit.

This has taken a very sad turn. Just like the Ravens draft. :razz:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was talking to Henchman. You know, the Conor Cook as the next Tom Brady bit.

This has taken a very sad turn.

Can I borrow your dad

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Totally! He just retired so he's got a lot of free time. You can teach him more about how to use his Ipad and he can teach you grillin. Boy howdy that man loves grillin.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:unsmith: we're going fishing too

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here is the PFF recap of rounds 2 and 3 with grades

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/29/draft-2016-nfl-draft-pick-by-pick-grades-and-analysis-of-day-2/

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Hawks have taken two o-linemen, got some help at D-line and RB, and a guy they saw as the best blocking TE in the draft, so I can't complain so far. Hoping we pick up some gems today

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Ehud posted:

Sturgis had a really bad back and I wouldn't be surprise to see him have to retire because of it.

The best part about the trade up for the Jack pick is that we only gave away the 5th rounder the we traded Scobee for. Loving this Jags draft

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah that trade was a slam dunk all around

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
As for the Browns, I'm fine with the Kessler pick. Expectations for this season are about as low as they can get anyway, so why not grab somebody Hue wants to work on and see what he can come up with? The roster is a complete mess and they weren't going to be able to fix it in one draft, so I don't get the complaints. Just enjoy the upcoming weirdness.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Manoueverable posted:

The Hawks have taken two o-linemen, got some help at D-line and RB, and a guy they saw as the best blocking TE in the draft, so I can't complain so far. Hoping we pick up some gems today

That's my reaction, too. The second O lineman looks iffy injury-wise, but if he can stay healthy ought to be a solid guard.

The D lineman, Reed, looks like a total loving stud. Looks about as easy to move as an oak tree.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Diodeous posted:

Loving this Jags draft

Me too. Love when the Jags get 1st round talent out of UCLA in the 2nd.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/726269194665385984

lol if my division rivals take Hack and Cook in the same draft

LaCanfora said yesterday we'd try to take Cook with our second pick, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

LaCanfora said yesterday we'd try to take Cook with our second pick, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

Everyone uses JLC

It rules

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I wish I could make a living as a mindless mouthpiece of NFL front offices.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm pleased the Panthers took two cornerbacks, but kind of weirded out by the guys they chose -- especially since one of them has assault baggage in his background. (I know it's behind him and he was supposedly defending his girlfriend, it's just an odd choice by a franchise that dealt with the Greg Hardy mess.) Gettleman also seems to have a habit of panicking that some other team will draft a guy no one's ever heard of, so we gave up more picks again this year to move up.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Totally! He just retired so he's got a lot of free time. You can teach him more about how to use his Ipad and he can teach you grillin. Boy howdy that man loves grillin.

Retired dads all love grilling

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
So glad that the standard for underrated quarterbacks for Michigan State fans is Tom "University of Michigan" Brady.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Well I woke up and we still drafted Ramsey and Jack. God bless America. Super excited, but need to time hop to Sept.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So Miami drafted two guys at extreme value, including the (arguably) highest rated overall player, but also reached for two needs

So Dolphins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm real happy about the Packers draft so far. Thank you for reading

• Locked thread