Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

So Miami drafted two guys at extreme value, including the (arguably) highest rated overall player, but also reached for two needs

So Dolphins

Tannenbaum drafts like 4.5 guys per draft. Get used to it, sucka!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here
Bears still have many areas of weakness and the draft has been weird, but they have added a lot to the front seven this offseason.

DL: Jonathan Bullard, Akiem Hicks

OLB: Leonard Floyd

ILB: Jerrell Freeman, Danny Trevathan

We have a semblance of a front half of a defense when the above are added to McPhee, Houston, and Willie Young. Edit, and Eddie Goldman. Feeling ok about my defense this Saturday morning.

Kedzie fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 30, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ehud posted:

I wish I had a dad

:cry::hf::cry:

love them while you can, goons.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

Everyone uses JLC

It rules

keep his name off your lips

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Day 3 GDT

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774165&perpage=40

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

kiimo posted:

:cry::hf::cry:

love them while you can, goons.

My grandpa just passed away. Love them too.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Jets are stupid and dumb

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It happened. Someone jumped in front of the Hackenbullet. Godspeed Jets, and :laffo:.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Lemme get up to speed here, it seems like basically everyone but the jets had a great draft right

Lee is OK I guess and I'm betting Bowles would be a good a guy as any to get the best out of him but I would have rather taken Jack or Ragland at 20

I have a feeling though that Lee is gonna be demario Davis 2.0 a.k.a. fast coverage LB that can't tackle or cover all that well for that matter

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
But seriously, who is Nick Vigil

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Atticus Finch posted:

But seriously, who is Nick Vigil

sounds like a netflix-tier marvel character

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

R.D. Mangles posted:

sounds like a netflix-tier marvel character

Amazon prime video

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't even really like him that much as a prospect but the whisper campaign against cook is like the peak of anonymous scout horseshit making something out of nothing. I'm pretty sure the root of it is literally people getting mad at him because he didn't recognize old rear end Archie Griffin after the big ten title game lol

Also the Cowboys draft is really bad and dumb but whatever

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 30, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I passed out right as the 3rd round started, The Jags got Yannick Ngakoue too? They actually did it. They turned their entire defense around in a single draft.
In our 2014 draft we got a franchise QB, a pro bowl WR and a great interior O-lineman. This is the reverso-version of that.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Someone mentioned that the Bears should draft Connor Cook and let one douche mentor another. This is the final solution, make it happen Bears.

e: I just woke up gently caress you Oakland.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 30, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles drafted a Isaac Seumalo

he any good?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Someone mentioned that the Bears should draft Connor Cook and let one douche mentor another. This is the final solution, make it happen Bears.

e: I just woke up gently caress you Oakland.

that was me and i am disappointed

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Another Dolphin fan help me out. Why did they move up to draft a receiver when its one of the only deep positions they have?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Trast posted:

Another Dolphin fan help me out. Why did they move up to draft a receiver when its one of the only deep positions they have?

They had a 2nd round grade on him and Stills is probably gone after this year.

So really we just have Landry and Parker after this year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DOOP posted:

Eagles drafted a Isaac Seumalo

he any good?
who knows. PFF gave the selection an A grade but they guess as much as anyone

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Caroo should be an excellent #3 assuming he doesn't go a coke binge in south beach and beat on a bunch of ladies.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
poo poo, Falcons

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/22/draft-round-by-round-ranking-of-2016s-best-safety-prospects/

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Byard :unsmith:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I don't even really like him that much as a prospect but the whisper campaign against cook is like the peak of anonymous scout horseshit making something out of nothing. I'm pretty sure the root of it is literally people getting mad at him because he didn't recognize old rear end Archie Griffin after the big ten title game lol

Also the Cowboys draft is really bad and dumb but whatever

I've been following along and hearing people talk about what a douchebag Cook is but that's literally the only incident I can think of?

If Michigan State has proven anything, it's that they can produce replacement level QBs in the NFL, so at the worst we can expect to hear 5 different franchises lamenting what a lovely mediocre bum he is for the next 6 years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Call of Cholula posted:

I've been following along and hearing people talk about what a douchebag Cook is but that's literally the only incident I can think of?

HE WASNT VOTED CAPTAIN

HE WAS REALLY MEAN TO AN OHIO STATE OLD GUY

DID I MENTION HIS TEAMMATES DIDN'T VOTE HIM CAPTAIN

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Detroit_Dogg posted:

HE WAS REALLY MEAN TO AN OHIO STATE OLD GUY

:unsmith:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I thought WHO DAT was a Saints thing?

e: wrong thread, blah

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ehud posted:

They had a 2nd round grade on him and Stills is probably gone after this year.

So really we just have Landry and Parker after this year.

So a bargain? I am not used to the Dolphins drafting half way competently.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My dad thinks that Cook's drop is McShay's fault

quote:

I have listened to pundits and read everyone locally an nationally. It's all bullshit lies like trump. Because someone started this absurd lack of leadership and Shay kept repeating it. It scares teams off. There is not an iota of fact about why he wasn't taken other than his completion percentage could have been better. Call me when you can to discuss it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Have you called him yet?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
WE GOT BILLINGS

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Love Billings in the 4th. Probably my favorite pick of the draft so far.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Have you called him yet?

No, I'm too busy today.

quote:

Why would every expert in the country have him as a top 3 pick if he wasn't considered a better talent that the guys picked ahead of him. It's loving bullshit and I hope he plays and makes these teams look like fools. It's not an accident that he led the team to some of the biggest wins ever.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

No, I'm too busy today.

that's a mad dad

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

warcrimes posted:

I thought WHO DAT was a Saints thing?

e: wrong thread, blah

WHO DAT is Saints, WHO DEY is Bengals.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

I'll call your dad so he can talk me into this pick.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

I'll call your dad so he can talk me into this pick.

Who was your backup going into this year?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Matt "Swinging dick" McGloin

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

that was me and i am disappointed

Connor cook is pretty lovely but I would've loved an arrogant guy mentoring another arrogant guy (badly)
Instead we got two safeties named Dion/diondre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

McGloin. Don't let the cool name fool you, he's bad. And a UFA after this season.

• Locked thread