Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Then he was a good pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the bengals took the guy i was mad they didn't take in the 1st round, in the 4th round: Now That's Paper

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

My dad thinks that Cook's drop is McShay's fault

Your dad is hilarious and also makes me happy my dad is cynical re: politics and also knows that getting mad at 18-22 year old kids playing a game when you're 60+ years old is a bit much. His brother, on the other hand, railed against Izzo for several years and apparently would scream at the MSU women's basketball players when he would go to games the past few years (inherited season tickets from my grandparents). He also still thinks Dantonio is a complete garbage coach.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle got a fantastic DT that can replace Mebane, a blocking TE should Graham not be able to return from his injury well, another OT that's decent in pass rush and a RB that is good catching the ball.

We still don't have a LB to replace Bruce Irvin (unless the team really expects Frank Clark to fill that role), but I'm pretty happy how all things have turned out thus far.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Matt "Swinging dick" McGloin

Don't steal Chris Jones' nickname.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I think it's fair to say at this point: Ted Thompson is betting that Jordy being healthy and Eddie being skinny will fix the Packers' offensive woes, because aside from a very necessary OT pick he's all in on front seven. Hope he's right.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheGrandstandUS/status/726460016073560064

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ahahaha

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

perfect

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Apparently it was one or two guys booing because Wentz refused to sign an autograph

Ehud fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 30, 2016

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ehud posted:

Apparently it was one or two guys booing because Went refused to sign an autograph

lol@ a grown rear end man booing another dude for not signing his sanitary napkin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay goons fess up which one of you is Bob "Draft Offensive Lineman" Quinn

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
A few years ago panthers fans went nuts because gettleman went DT DT in the first two rounds. Those two players were star and short.

Now he's gone CB in the second, third, and fifth.

Interesting guy.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Zach Sanchez is bad though and should be mocked accordingly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

YOU FUCKERS

https://twitter.com/packers/status/726484214212907010

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Although I do have to say that I find it troubling to read the Lions have drafted three guys who have short arms. I know there's more to it than that but it seems like they're banking very heavily on "toughness"

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

"blue collar guy" "high character" "nose in the playbook" mmmmmmmmmmmm yes i love it

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
my team is going to bitchslap your team in the SATs this year

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Patriots drafted a literal Final Fantasy character.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No idea if it will translate, but Dean Lowry was one of the best players I've ever seen at Northwestern, dude just owned the poo poo out of people.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

No idea if it will translate, but Dean Lowry was one of the best players I've ever seen at Northwestern, dude just owned the poo poo out of people.

Good because the game tape they posted of him sucked balls.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Like I can't tell if they were actively trying to continue the smokescreen post-draft but seriously play after play of him getting stonewalled.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The entire Steelers draft is nothing but high SPARQ score guys who are raw with the ever amorphous "high upside". Hope all of this gambling with what amounts to the ancient Al Davis "speed kills" philosophy pays off in what amounts to the last few years of peak Roethlisberger.

Side eyes emoji

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

These idiots aren't giving Hackenberg his proper due

I'm glad we don't play the Jets this year :ohdear:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Anyone else continuously laughing when reminded that the Chiefs drafted tyreek hill because of parm moral gimmick

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The entire Steelers draft is nothing but high SPARQ score guys who are raw with the ever amorphous "high upside". Hope all of this gambling with what amounts to the ancient Al Davis "speed kills" philosophy pays off in what amounts to the last few years of peak Roethlisberger.

Side eyes emoji

I think, if they had their way, they would have just traded down and took as many defensive backs as they could in a "throw them all at the wall" fashion. Just the problem of picking pretty low means no-one wants to trade up for your spot.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Metapod posted:

Anyone else continuously laughing when reminded that the Chiefs drafted tyreek hill because of parm moral gimmick

tyreek, tyreek, it rhymes with weak (gimmick posts)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Side eyes emoji

The Chiefs seem to be doing this too, although maybe a little more positionally. And with the questionable character stuff thrown in. Strong guy with motor problems who looks great when he bothers to play, athletic WR who doesn't really play the position well and who got suspended four separate times at Florida (Florida!), then of course the track star guy who might be a hell of a player but plead guilty to punching and choking his girlfriend in September of last year.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Metapod posted:

I don't even know who that guy is but I bet he sucks! Just like noted bust Demarcus Robinson!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

A few years ago panthers fans went nuts because gettleman went DT DT in the first two rounds. Those two players were star and short.

Now he's gone CB in the second, third, and fifth.

Interesting guy.

Kind of amusing since he insisted Norman's departure wouldn't change his draft strategy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

I don't even know who that guy is but I bet he sucks! Just like noted bust Demarcus Robinson!

ah well let me fill you in, he plead guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

So lets see:
-Had dick fall out at combine
-Suspended a year for cheating
-Suspended 4 times
-Punched and strangled pregnant GF
-Hit a ref

What a loving draft KC.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Browns are going to have one WR who has ever played in the NFL on the roster in Week 1.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Volkerball posted:

ah well let me fill you in, he plead guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend

Are you loving mocking me with this poo poo?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Parmesan Basil posted:

he's right

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Nope lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm sorry Parm. You knew eventually your team would join the list

Karma finally came

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Parmesan Basil posted:

cheating coach and evil draft. time to find a new team!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Welp there goes my interest for next season. Fire Reid and fire Dorsey. They've hosed this team's whole future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They drafted a QB like you wanted them to.

• Locked thread