Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Buckle up, Badass.

We are days away from Battleborn launching on May 3 and we want to get you mentally – and physically – prepared for the Varelsi onslaught heading your way.

PRE-LOAD AVAILABLE NOW!

First off, Battleborn is now available to pre-load on Steam and Xbox One. PlayStation 4 pre-load will begin on May 1st. Pre-order your copy digitally through PlayStation Network, Steam, or the Microsoft Store now; then pre-load the game and get your gaming setup ready!

LAUNCH TIMES

Battleborn launch times will begin rolling out around the world starting at midnight, May 3rd for Auckland, New Zealand. Check the list below to see when Battleborn launches in major cities around the world.

When can you begin playing Battleborn? Find the launch time in your time zone here.

Auckland, NZ

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM NZST
PC: May 3 at 5:00AM NZST
Sydney, AUS

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM AEST
PC: May 3 at 3:00AM AEST
Hong Kong

PS4: May 2 at 11:00PM HKT
Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM HKT
PC: May 3 at 1:00AM HKT
Moscow

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM MSK
PC: May 3 at 1:00AM MSK
Paris

All platforms: May 3 at 12:00AM CEST
London

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM BST
PC: May 2 at 11:00PM BST
New York

All platforms: May 3 at 12:00AM EDT
San Francisco

PS4 and PC : May 2 at 9:00PM PDT
Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM PDT
Japan

PS4 and Xbox One: May 19 at 12:00AM JST
PC: May 19 at 2:00AM JST

REVIEWS

If you’re waiting on Battleborn reviews to make your decision, you can expect reviews to start hitting as of 10AM PDT on Monday, May 2 when folks in Australia, New Zealand and Asia begin their campaign to save the last star. Battleborn’s an online co-operative and competitive game and it’s understandable that critics will want to test server infrastructure and play Battleborn in the same environment as everyone else before weighing in with a review score. So as such, you can expect to start seeing reviews-in-progress pop-up online starting May 2 and continue for a while until critics determine they’ve had a fair chance to pass judgement on the game.

FREE HEROES, MAPS AND MODES COMING!

You know how we’ve been telling you that Battleborn has 25 playable heroes? We’ve got more coming to help and there are no strings attached. That’s right, if you hadn’t already heard, five more heroes hit after launch – completely FREE – for all platforms, bringing the total roster to 30! In addition, competitive multiplayer modes, maps, balance updates, and community features will also be free.

TIME TO PRE-ORDER IS RUNNING OUT!

Don’t forget, pre-ordering means you also get a gang of bonus golden skins with the badass Firstborn Pack.

You have until Monday, May 2 at 8:59PM PT / 11:59PM ET to pre-order Battleborn. After that, the Firstborn Pack goes the way of the rest of the universe – into the Void.

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION AND SEASON PASS

Maximize your launch day hero skins collection with the Digital Deluxe Edition! This edition includes Battleborn the game, the Season Pass with all five DLC packs, five additional “Cyber” skins, keys to instantly access heroes 26-30 upon their release, as well as more digital goodies. Check out everything that is included in the Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition in this post.

Season Pass: $19.99 USD including 5 DLC Packs, each with a Story Operation, hero skins, and taunts
Digital Deluxe Edition: $74.99 USD including Battleborn the game, the Season Pass, plus more digital goodies which you can learn about here

WHAT IS BATTLEBORN ALL ABOUT?

With nihilistic robots, sword-licking vampires, space luchadores, interstellar soldiers, penguin-piloted murder machines, and lots of others, Battleborn has a large starting roster of 25 unique playable heroes. These heroes cover a huge variety of playstyles, weapon types, and personalities, and the roster will continue to grow with five additional, free heroes after launch. It’s up to you to command this motley crew through Story Mode and Competitive Modes in an attempt to save the universe.

You can keep reading below to learn even more…..or……you could just click play and watch this badass Battleborn Bootcamp trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aLQNgyeqh8

STORY MODE

Dive solo into Battleborn’s playable Story Mode or bring some friends for 2-player console split-screen, or up to 5-play co-op across all eight episodes. Each episode tells a self-contained story about the Battleborn’s fight to save the last star, Solus, and is structured just like some of our favorite episodic television shows; from Star Trek and X-Files, to X-Men and Transformers. These episodes are highly replayable with 25 unique Battleborn heroes, and as you run through each episode with a different hero, the dialogue changes to reveal more backstory to the world and heroes as you play.

Speaking of stories, check out the Battleborn Prequel Motion Comics to see how the fight to save Solus started.

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER

Before the Battleborn join together to save Solus, they fought amongst themselves for table scraps as the Varelsi sucked up what’s left of the entire universe. These rivalries still run deep and you can fight it out in Battleborn’s three Competitive Multiplayer Modes: Capture, Incursion, and Meltdown. Stake out your territory, destroy the enemy’s defenses, and send loads of robotic minions to meet their metal makers. Each mode has two maps and there’s even more to come after launch as both modes and maps will be free updates, but more on that later.

Playing either Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer Modes will earn you XP towards temporary Helix augmentations as well as persistent Command Rank and Character Rank levels.

Helix: During a single Competitive match or Story episode, each level you gain activates a new Helix augmentation opportunity - all the way to level 10. Helix levels reset for each match or mission, meaning you can tailor your character’s abilities to the situation at hand.
Character Rank: The more you play a character, the more XP you earn towards their persistent Character Rank, unlocking new Helix augmentations, taunts, titles, and skins for that character.
Command Rank: Every Competitive match (excluding bots) and Story episode you play grants XP towards your player Command Rank. Rising through the ranks will unlock characters, new Gear options, titles, and more up to Command Rank 100.
See you badasses on May 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
#SaveTheLastStar

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

finally

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gearbox Software: Don’t Call ‘Battleborn’ a MOBA

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Heroes!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lasty, on a more personal note, I just got my tattoo finished last night

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Which bathroom is a genre-blended Moba supposed to use

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i only just found out this isnt f2p

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

At 11:55 PM EST, My loving Wallet was officially declared deceased. The cause was determined to be a severe overdose of Win.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Paragon is the MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control, and deep strategic choice. The Founder’s Pack is your ticket to the Early Access Season. Progress is real. That means no account wipes or resets.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

Paragon is the MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control, and deep strategic choice. The Founder’s Pack is your ticket to the Early Access Season. Progress is real. That means no account wipes or resets.

Pablo Gigante posted:

At 11:55 PM EST, My loving Wallet was officially declared deceased. The cause was determined to be a severe overdose of Win.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Choice + Epic

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

i was floored when i saw it was 60 dollars i thought it was some $20 pos

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't even pretend to joke about this AIDS poo poo anymore. Gamers deserve Star Wars Angry Birds and pewdiepie.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:xbonefuckoff:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:xbone:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Same along with Overwatch and Paragon. The planets dyin', Cloud.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

i pasted that because i saw a big ad on the psn website and forgot that existed

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

this thread is giving me terminal irony poisoning

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Heroes!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why can't I use the :xbone: smilie.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Gigante posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bah?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

2016 is the year of the arena shooter with MOBA elements

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
played the beta with a few friends and it was terrible the writing is worse than borderlands for the "campaign" thing and the gameplay is a hot roasted rear end! ! ! ! overall i give this game zero fuckshits out of ten

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
on launch day you can expect millions of excited gamers to launch this fetid turd into the nearest toilet

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I only care about japanese games because theyre better at making them over there

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i onlt play aaa western megahits and indi games. never trust a jap to do a mans job

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dark Souls Free To Play Mobile iOS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Buckle up, Badass.

We are days away from Battleborn launching on May 3 and we want to get you mentally – and physically – prepared for the Varelsi onslaught heading your way.

PRE-LOAD AVAILABLE NOW!

First off, Battleborn is now available to pre-load on Steam and Xbox One. PlayStation 4 pre-load will begin on May 1st. Pre-order your copy digitally through PlayStation Network, Steam, or the Microsoft Store now; then pre-load the game and get your gaming setup ready!

LAUNCH TIMES

Battleborn launch times will begin rolling out around the world starting at midnight, May 3rd for Auckland, New Zealand. Check the list below to see when Battleborn launches in major cities around the world.

When can you begin playing Battleborn? Find the launch time in your time zone here.

Auckland, NZ

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM NZST
PC: May 3 at 5:00AM NZST
Sydney, AUS

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM AEST
PC: May 3 at 3:00AM AEST
Hong Kong

PS4: May 2 at 11:00PM HKT
Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM HKT
PC: May 3 at 1:00AM HKT
Moscow

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM MSK
PC: May 3 at 1:00AM MSK
Paris

All platforms: May 3 at 12:00AM CEST
London

PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM BST
PC: May 2 at 11:00PM BST
New York

All platforms: May 3 at 12:00AM EDT
San Francisco

PS4 and PC : May 2 at 9:00PM PDT
Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM PDT
Japan

PS4 and Xbox One: May 19 at 12:00AM JST
PC: May 19 at 2:00AM JST

REVIEWS

If you’re waiting on Battleborn reviews to make your decision, you can expect reviews to start hitting as of 10AM PDT on Monday, May 2 when folks in Australia, New Zealand and Asia begin their campaign to save the last star. Battleborn’s an online co-operative and competitive game and it’s understandable that critics will want to test server infrastructure and play Battleborn in the same environment as everyone else before weighing in with a review score. So as such, you can expect to start seeing reviews-in-progress pop-up online starting May 2 and continue for a while until critics determine they’ve had a fair chance to pass judgement on the game.

FREE HEROES, MAPS AND MODES COMING!

You know how we’ve been telling you that Battleborn has 25 playable heroes? We’ve got more coming to help and there are no strings attached. That’s right, if you hadn’t already heard, five more heroes hit after launch – completely FREE – for all platforms, bringing the total roster to 30! In addition, competitive multiplayer modes, maps, balance updates, and community features will also be free.

TIME TO PRE-ORDER IS RUNNING OUT!

Don’t forget, pre-ordering means you also get a gang of bonus golden skins with the badass Firstborn Pack.

You have until Monday, May 2 at 8:59PM PT / 11:59PM ET to pre-order Battleborn. After that, the Firstborn Pack goes the way of the rest of the universe – into the Void.

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION AND SEASON PASS

Maximize your launch day hero skins collection with the Digital Deluxe Edition! This edition includes Battleborn the game, the Season Pass with all five DLC packs, five additional “Cyber” skins, keys to instantly access heroes 26-30 upon their release, as well as more digital goodies. Check out everything that is included in the Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition in this post.

Season Pass: $19.99 USD including 5 DLC Packs, each with a Story Operation, hero skins, and taunts
Digital Deluxe Edition: $74.99 USD including Battleborn the game, the Season Pass, plus more digital goodies which you can learn about here

WHAT IS BATTLEBORN ALL ABOUT?

With nihilistic robots, sword-licking vampires, space luchadores, interstellar soldiers, penguin-piloted murder machines, and lots of others, Battleborn has a large starting roster of 25 unique playable heroes. These heroes cover a huge variety of playstyles, weapon types, and personalities, and the roster will continue to grow with five additional, free heroes after launch. It’s up to you to command this motley crew through Story Mode and Competitive Modes in an attempt to save the universe.

You can keep reading below to learn even more…..or……you could just click play and watch this badass Battleborn Bootcamp trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aLQNgyeqh8

STORY MODE

Dive solo into Battleborn’s playable Story Mode or bring some friends for 2-player console split-screen, or up to 5-play co-op across all eight episodes. Each episode tells a self-contained story about the Battleborn’s fight to save the last star, Solus, and is structured just like some of our favorite episodic television shows; from Star Trek and X-Files, to X-Men and Transformers. These episodes are highly replayable with 25 unique Battleborn heroes, and as you run through each episode with a different hero, the dialogue changes to reveal more backstory to the world and heroes as you play.

Speaking of stories, check out the Battleborn Prequel Motion Comics to see how the fight to save Solus started.

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER

Before the Battleborn join together to save Solus, they fought amongst themselves for table scraps as the Varelsi sucked up what’s left of the entire universe. These rivalries still run deep and you can fight it out in Battleborn’s three Competitive Multiplayer Modes: Capture, Incursion, and Meltdown. Stake out your territory, destroy the enemy’s defenses, and send loads of robotic minions to meet their metal makers. Each mode has two maps and there’s even more to come after launch as both modes and maps will be free updates, but more on that later.

Playing either Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer Modes will earn you XP towards temporary Helix augmentations as well as persistent Command Rank and Character Rank levels.

Helix: During a single Competitive match or Story episode, each level you gain activates a new Helix augmentation opportunity - all the way to level 10. Helix levels reset for each match or mission, meaning you can tailor your character’s abilities to the situation at hand.
Character Rank: The more you play a character, the more XP you earn towards their persistent Character Rank, unlocking new Helix augmentations, taunts, titles, and skins for that character.
Command Rank: Every Competitive match (excluding bots) and Story episode you play grants XP towards your player Command Rank. Rising through the ranks will unlock characters, new Gear options, titles, and more up to Command Rank 100.
See you badasses on May 3!

elf help book posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

I only care about japanese games because theyre better at making them over there

same here

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
UNIRONIC POST: I played the beta and didn't really enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I thought this was overwatch

• Locked thread