Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
this thread is for everyone who wants to talk about civil war without having to venture into the shithole that is CineD.

I went into the movie wanting to support captain america and completely changed my mind by the time it was over. cool as gently caress movie. spider man and ant man and black panther were fantastic.

Ghost Head fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I haven't seen the second one

The first one was kind of dumb :-/

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

I haven't seen the second one

The first one was kind of dumb :-/

However you feel about the first one, the second one is worse. It's a glorified commercial for this movie.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I thought the second Captain America was pretty slick. Better than most superhero movies

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i sure cannot get enough of these super hero movies i hope there are even more of them XD

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I find the title of this thread hard to believe, but I brought a flask into Keanu yesterday and it turned out to be a good, funny movie. Though the van scene dragged on a little too long.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
this whole time i thought the premise for civil war was that iron man and captain america go back in time to the american civil war, and for some reason captain america has to help the southern states, and iron man has to help the northern states. and the end of the movie just turns into them fighting as all the 17th century jicks look on jaw agape with their ineffective muskets and cannons.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Is it out now? I want to see it.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

im gaye posted:

i sure cannot get enough of these super hero movies i hope there are even more of them XD

don't worry they still make your arthouse poo poo you can still jack off to eddie redmayne in drag or w/e

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

scott zoloft posted:

this whole time i thought the premise for civil war was that iron man and captain america go back in time to the american civil war, and for some reason captain america has to help the southern states, and iron man has to help the northern states. and the end of the movie just turns into them fighting as all the 17th century jicks look on jaw agape with their ineffective muskets and cannons.

I'd buy a ticket for that. Maybe some popcorn too

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
lets be real here

Marvel has been progressively stepping up their game with every new movie and almost everything they've put out this decade has been solid entertainment. Its no longer surprising when their movies are good.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
bad opinion time: i like 2001 spider-man

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

NTT posted:

I like the part where people throw poo poo at the green goblin from a bridge. More superheros need to be saved by garbage.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Is it out now? I want to see it.

Captain America came out in other countries before America.

Shameful.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Universe Master posted:

Captain America came out in other countries before America.

Shameful.

It's pretty hilarious that other countries pay money to watch American propaganda.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I doubt it. As I understand it this is comic book movie and those suck. So I really don't think that this movie is good or OK or anything other than a flaming pile of garbage.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Winter soldier was way better than cpt America 1

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
hey look at me. the thing which everyone says is good, is actually bad. i am a film reviwerer

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

It's pretty hilarious that other countries pay money to watch American propaganda.

Captain America represents all the stuff America claims to be but usually isn't and the character is often very conscious of our failings to hold ourselves to that standard.

Plus his movies have been the best quality of all the marvel offerings character development and plot wise.

Cap is the motherfucking poo poo ok

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BRJohnson posted:

Captain America represents all the stuff America claims to be but usually isn't and the character is often very conscious of our failings to hold ourselves to that standard.

Plus his movies have been the best quality of all the marvel offerings character development and plot wise.

Cap is the motherfucking poo poo ok

That's like the definition of propaganda.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

That's like the definition of propaganda.

What is biased or misleading about Captain America?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

is it actually a good movie or is it just good for a superhero movie

on a scale of batman and robin to the mask where does it fall

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im sure it was a unique and interesting film that was tightly shot had engaging well choreographed action and a plot the upended the concept of "big super hero movie"

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
oh wait sorry i mean im sure it was none of those things at all and was instead a continuous reaping of the retard crop, of which you are proud to number yourself a member of

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
See y'all on page 50

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BRJohnson posted:

What is biased or misleading about Captain America?

That bad guys cant shoot for poo poo.
Half of you aim for his loving legs, the other half his head = dead loving aryan supermensch.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

oh wait sorry i mean im sure it was none of those things at all and was instead a continuous reaping of the retard crop, of which you are proud to number yourself a member of

Did captain america gently caress your girlfriend or something?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
the 1%, the few, the goons who actually admit to liking something, this thread is a rarity

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
actally chris evans is cool as gently caress and it is disappointing to me that he intends to retire from acting after his last contractual shitshow marvel film after seeing him in actually good movies like snowpiercer.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"Actually good movies like snowpiercer." Lol.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

See y'all on page 50

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

See y'all on page 50

hey man the fact that you think this thread is some impetuous attempt to get 50 pages worth of replies is insulting to me. However, it is even more insulting to the greatest superhero film of all time: captain america civil war.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

NTT posted:

not a bad opinion at all, sam raimi's got a distinct style and tobey maguire was a good spider man

macy gray was a pretty inexplicable artifact of the time tho

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I bet it's actually really bad but will get something like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and will make billions

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

BRJohnson posted:

But who wants to have a frank discussion on modern politics with guys in a multicoloured spandex suit?

Like, as insufferable is cinema discusso is, they called the film 'civil war' for chrissakes. Why have film makers decided that anyone cares what bruce wayne thinks about NSA surveillance or whatever?

It's actually quite scary that most of the electorate probably sees the world through the lens of 'hmm, should we be patriots like Captain America(R) or playboys like Iron Man (TM)?' I don't know if that's actually the ~theme~ of civil war because I know nothing about it, but you get the idea.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark recently and it puts all the action choreography of Marvel movies to shame. I can't think of one scene in any of these movies as exciting and memorable as Indies fist fight around that plane.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

But who wants to have a frank discussion on modern politics with guys in a multicoloured spandex suit?

Like, as insufferable is cinema discusso is, they called the film 'civil war' for chrissakes. Why have film makers decided that anyone cares what bruce wayne thinks about NSA surveillance or whatever?

It's actually quite scary that most of the electorate probably sees the world through the lens of 'hmm, should we be patriots like Captain America(R) or playboys like Iron Man (TM)?' I don't know if that's actually the ~theme~ of civil war because I know nothing about it, but you get the idea.

captain america is the anti-america side in civil war.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

notZaar posted:

I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark recently and it puts all the action choreography of Marvel movies to shame. I can't think of one scene in any of these movies as exciting and memorable as Indies fist fight around that plane.

It's almost like if you care about characters that can actually die in a movie that use physical actors or stunt doubles!

Ban this superhero filth.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Shaquin posted:

ok thanks for your review, hipster shithead who hasn't even seen the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Strategic Tea posted:

Have you even seen Winter Soldier? It's pretty much a gold standard of "Good entertainment, but also makes a pretty decent point."

• Locked thread