Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

im gaye posted:

i sure cannot get enough of these super hero movies i hope there are even more of them XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Checking in to say I haven't watched it yet. I'll check in tomorrow to update everyone. Got a good feeling it'll be pretty good. Choosing between watching this and that Key/Peele movie.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I feel like an hour and a half is too long to watch key and peele

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Kuato posted:

Checking in to say I haven't watched it yet. I'll check in tomorrow to update everyone. Got a good feeling it'll be pretty good. Choosing between watching this and that Key/Peele movie.

Key & Peele movie was real good, def should see it. They didn't seem to know what previews to show with it, though; got a lot of horror movie ones at my showing.

Edit: it's broken up into a lot of pretty good sections, very good flow except for when Key is waiting in the van (and Peele is in the mansion). I didn't think the joke for that bit was actually good, but it was dragged on for like ten minutes.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 30, 2016

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
craptain america

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In the next Captain America movie they should introduce captains of other countries, like Captain Germany or Captain Uganda and Captain China and so on, and then Captain America should relentlessly beat them all up

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Old Story posted:

Superhero movies are for literal children
not Batman vs. Superman, apparently

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's actually really good. Makes the previous avengers films look like garbage. Russo brothers all the way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

E: double post

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Same

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

craptain america

holy poo poo!!!!!!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Zzulu posted:

In the next Captain America movie they should introduce captains of other countries, like Captain Germany or Captain Uganda and Captain China and so on, and then Captain America should relentlessly beat them all up

Captain Canuck is a Thing which is Real

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

craptain america

jesus christ man, jesus christ

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008
The Bore-verine
The incredible Sulk (becus he cranky)

Hawk-eye? More like Hawk BYE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I approve this thread. :five:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Waltzing Along posted:

Captain America is the Lena Dunham of superheroes.

Except Chris Evans actually looks good without a shirt on.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's actually really good. Makes the previous avengers films look like garbage. Russo brothers all the way

Age of Ultron was so terrible I made a thread about it, and I never make threads. I honestly don't know what everyone sees in that hot mess.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Airborne Viking posted:

Age of Ultron was so terrible I made a thread about it, and I never make threads. I honestly don't know what everyone sees in that hot mess.

Was pretty unmemorable. If it was terrible I'd probably have remembered more. :shrug:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Kuato posted:

Was pretty unmemorable. If it was terrible I'd probably have remembered more. :shrug:

I remember the line "I HOPE YOU'RE NOT PLAYING, HIDE THE ZUCCHINI!!!!!", and an entire theatre cringing

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

thanks OP i will watch captain america and also keanu

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kuato posted:

The storyline they based it off of was so terrible that unmemorable is a big step up

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008

Airborne Viking posted:

I really liked Ultron as a villain, seeing a CGI-robot chew the scenery that much was awesome. Too bad about the rest of the movie. As you said, it was a mess

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

was age of uiltron the one with the raccoon and in the climax the white guy tries to look tough by saying something something something, BITCH? if so it was trash

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BRB pooping posted:

I really liked Ultron as a villain, seeing a CGI-robot chew the scenery that much was awesome. Too bad about the rest of the movie. As you said, it was a mess
Joss Whedon is a hack who should have stayed in TV; even moreso seeing how the Russo Brothers are 10000000x better than him

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

they call it civil war but the trailer is like a 5v5 of guys running at each other in a conveniently cleared out airport tarmac

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Marvel is once again better than DC.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Twilight Matrix posted:

they call it civil war but the trailer is like a 5v5 of guys running at each other in a conveniently cleared out airport tarmac

the airport was cleared out by iron mans team in order to apprehend captain americas team. It is convenient, yeah, but there is some logic behind it if you follow the events of the film

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i cant remember much specifically about the winter soldier or whatever but i just happened to go see it in theaters at random one day and i thought it was pretty decnt for a super hero movie. ill probably make an effort at some point to see civil war based on the relative strength of it. never seen antman or capt america 1 or a bunch of other ones though :shrug:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i have had only one thought that keeps me comfort in the dead of the night as i lie awake in a piss soaked bed hoping that someone will make a movie about my favorite childhood hero: the guy who could hold his pee all night. as a fully grown adult male i have severe difficulties with incontinence due to a lifelong obsession with "pissing really hard" to compensate for my smaller than average (but still good) penis and let me tell you what: I cannot loving wait for more of these super hero movies.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
It went forever and much of was boring.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How did a film called Captain America come out in some parts of Europe before the US?

I also saw Keanu and agree it was fun and I'm glad I saw it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
The marvel films and the up coming star wars films are just Disney figuring out how to apply the freemium model to movies. You never have to put out anything actually good you just have to keep promising that you will get more characters and costumes. They might even throw in a premium character for free, but only in the last few minutes. you will have to pay to see him longer in the next movie.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

How did a film called Captain America come out in some parts of Europe before the US?
Because Euros appreciate the finest culture in the world, and hell, Marvel knows it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
has suicide squad hit the streets yet?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

happyhippy posted:

That bad guys cant shoot for poo poo.
Half of you aim for his loving legs, the other half his head = dead loving aryan supermensch.

They actually address this in the new movie :haw:

Microwaves Mom posted:

has suicide squad hit the streets yet?

gently caress no, it's still months away

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The_Rob posted:

The marvel films and the up coming star wars films are just Disney figuring out how to apply the freemium model to movies. You never have to put out anything actually good you just have to keep promising that you will get more characters and costumes. They might even throw in a premium character for free, but only in the last few minutes. you will have to pay to see him longer in the next movie.

feel the metaphor flowing through you, like the holy water of truth. taste it, child. suckle at the allegorical source and be reborn.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Breaking news: All superhero movies are poo poo even if you think they're good

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

gently caress no, it's still months away
Does that mean we'll see ghostbusters first?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Does that mean we'll see ghostbusters first?

you can see ghostbusters now, silly boy. it's been out for 34 years ~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

WatermelonGun posted:

you can see ghostbusters now, silly boy. it's been out for 34 years ~

you mysoginist pig! I mean the lady one!

• Locked thread