Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

axleblaze posted:

I haven't played SFZ do maybe it isn't that bad after all but games that required you to use both screens at once were always a bad idea on the DS, which is why they pretty much disappeared after the first wave of games, so it's weird to see a big Wii U game try and bring that back.

World Ends With You was the the only game with the two screens at once that was fun to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to give it another go!!!!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The disappointment of Star Fox remains a dark cloud over my gaming. Has ANYONE managed to get a handle on these garbage controls? Does anyone have a tip to get me to enjoy the game more?

[drives a car into wall] what was Ford thinking with steering wheels

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

has ANYONE figured out how to open this can of goya dark red kidney beans ?? also don't tell me to get good with the can opener

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Saying these things doesn't make SFZ not terrible to control.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Consider this

What is SFZ's controls

Were good?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I said this in the last thread but I just can't trust when people insist the controls in a Nintendo game that sound awful are actually fine because that's what I heard over and over again with Kid Icarus and and that never changed the fact that the controls were awful.

I honestly have never been that into Star Fox games anyways so :shrug:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Star Fox Zero's controls have a learning curve, but they make for a fun experience once you get the hang of them.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

axleblaze posted:

I said this in the last thread but I just can't trust when people insist the controls in a Nintendo game that sound awful are actually fine because that's what I heard over and over again with Kid Icarus and and that never changed the fact that the controls were awful.

I honestly have never been that into Star Fox games anyways so :shrug:

This was my reaction.

As it says, I'm far more disappointed that the game has taken five levels before I got an actual boss fight with a boss meter, when before there was one at the end of every level.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres no reason for sfz to control the way it does. Unforced error. Make it like 64 like the rest of the game is trying to be and no one complains

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play version of Forza for PC is starting May 5:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_apex_beta_announce

Does anyone know why they went this route, and didn't just port Forza 6 to PC? I'm definitely going to check this out, but it seems weird that there aren't even plans to introduce multiplayer into this. Maybe Microsoft's just pushing to get more interesting F2P stuff (like Killer Instinct, too) to get more people to use the Windows Store?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

giogadi posted:

A free-to-play version of Forza for PC is starting May 5:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_apex_beta_announce

Does anyone know why they went this route, and didn't just port Forza 6 to PC? I'm definitely going to check this out, but it seems weird that there aren't even plans to introduce multiplayer into this. Maybe Microsoft's just pushing to get more interesting F2P stuff (like Killer Instinct, too) to get more people to use the Windows Store?

They still have a bunch of dads paying them 60/year plus dlc purchases on xbox for that game and they dint want to let the cat out of the bag that they are abandoning them until later this year

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
There are some great one-liners in SFZ. Aesthetically it's quite perfect, if maybe a little similar to 64.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Star Fox Zero is good and in and I'm sorry for those who can't figure out the controls.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am going to continue playing EVE online because it is excellent fun to mine and relax in space!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
New month, new thread :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfvXCvLJEpg

Steve2911 posted:

Saying these things doesn't make SFZ not terrible to control.

In true "sending death threats to Jeff Gerstman over giving Twilight Princess an 8.8" fashion, Nintendo fanboys spent the week before release fuming about those stupid games journalists not appreciating the brilliant control system even though none of them had actually used it. Combine that with Platinum fans' bottomless persecution complex about their niche action games not getting 10/10s across the board every time and you have an army of people who will never, ever admit that they were wrong and the control system really is dogshit.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't care how souls'd out you all are PLAY THE loving NIOH demo (if you have a ps4) because it's only available until the 5th!!!!!

I'm gonna be posting some videos about it today because instead of succeeding at life, I decided I would learn to make videos about video games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Dark Souls 3 is really cool but in it the vast majority of treasure chests are mimics which is just really dumb after awhile. Like I think I've encountered 3 normal chests and 10 mimics. The element of surprise was lost at least five mimics ago.

see also bosses having a surprise crazy 2nd phase which stops being surprising once u realise 80% of them do it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna play overwatch and use my vive this month

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to play Madden since that is $20 on the PS4 right now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I need a video games project for May.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I bought the Atelier Plus Arland Trilogy and am gonna play that and FFXIV this month.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Stux posted:

why would you do that to urself? is it not coming out on a good platform?

It comming out for ps4 and xbox but it will end up like team fortress 2 where 90% of the playerbase will be on pc.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I need a video games project for May.

Buy me Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Overwatch beta is tomorrow!!!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I"m getting better at the controls and the levels are a lot more improved overall as you go along. The hard mode routes are really hard. I feel like I see what they were going for here, but I don't think a dual screen set-up was the best option. I basically only use my cockpit mode unless I have to do manuevering or platforming

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just completely cheesed over a boss in Dark Souls 3. I always feel oddly bad when I do that but if they'd anything I've learned in this series is that if you find something that works, just do that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah a friend of mine was watching me play Dark Souls last week, and I happened to be cheesing a tough fight by standing in a different room and shooting the thing with arrows, and my friend said that the game looked dumb and stupid, and I explained that "Whatever works" is the best way to handle these games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it was a dragon that's just traditional now

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres no reason for sfz to control the way it does. Unforced error. Make it like 64 like the rest of the game is trying to be and no one complains

This reminds me of that one magazine review for the Aliens PS1 that complains about the game being dual analog controls instead of single.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

This reminds me of that one magazine review for the Aliens PS1 that complains about the game being dual analog controls instead of single.

idk. maybe as more dual screen consoles come out time will tell :lol:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The boss I cheesed was the old demon king. He was one shotting me way too much but I noticed he had lovely range on his moves so I tried locking on, running whenever he got close and just arrowing him to death and I killed him no problem

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cyron posted:

It comming out for ps4 and xbox but it will end up like team fortress 2 where 90% of the playerbase will be on pc.

dont see why when all current multiplayer shooters havev the bigges tpop on ps4

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i am having fun playing starfox zero

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gross

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Stux posted:

dont see why when all current multiplayer shooters havev the bigges tpop on ps4

because the game is build up for PC in mind, something that TF2 was, something that most mainstream shooters from triple a devs are not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cyron posted:

Blizzard actually updates its console games unlike Valve

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Sakurazuka posted:

Blizzard actually updates its console games unlike Valve

oh right i forgot about diablo 3 on ps4 and it was in some way better then the pc becuase you can play it offline.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cyron posted:

because the game is build up for PC in mind

when did it become a free to play korean mmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Real hurthling! posted:

when did it become a free to play korean mmo

When every match will have a D.Va in it.

• Locked thread