Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Imagine the smell :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
So many piano keys that will never be.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
no more ancient boner potions for china i guess

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Why would they do this? All those elephants have died in vain.

Aug 4, 2010

what does burning ivory smell like?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
someone photoshop conan the barbarian in them pics.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

www posted:

what does burning ivory smell like?

burning hair

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Here's a picture of a Kenyan with a big rear end:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
good, gently caress poachers

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

No poachers tied to a stake in the center? No elephant lighting the flames and then riding off in a novelty circus trike? That's some bullshit.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What are elephants even good for

put em in farms and make elephant burgers out of all of them imo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
seems like they should be burnig poaxhers, not ivory. this is a bit backwards

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Jst0rm posted:

someone photoshop conan the barbarian in them pics.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

decrease the supply and watch the demand dwindle :lesnick:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Elephants were always clogging a spot back when I watched animal planet's the most extreme when I was a dumb baby.

good.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fire can't burn ivory.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

burning ivory can't melt steel beams

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

id actually pay $1-3 dollars to watch a youtube of donald trump firing a high powered rifle/shotgun i bet it'd be pretty good

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What does burning it accomplish? They should soak the ivory in ricin or whatever and sell it on the black market, poachers can't sell ivory if the people who buy the stuff are all dead.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

jazzyhattrick posted:

What does burning it accomplish? They should soak the ivory in ricin or whatever and sell it on the black market, poachers can't sell ivory if the people who buy the stuff are all dead.

and people would be disinclined to buy any ivory at all because it might kill them. this is the best idea i've ever heard let's loving do it

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

and people would be disinclined to buy any ivory at all because it might kill them. this is the best idea i've ever heard let's loving do it

There should be a Hitman mission where you have to take out an elephant poacher and poison the supply.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
good for kenya, i guess?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
yeah I hear they put an elite tusk force onto this one

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Heh

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
thanks obama

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

jBrereton posted:

Heh

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

A friend of mine is a federal LEO. He said that a funny thing about the world is how suspects often "cowboy up" in face of a gun - however, they're much more cautious and cooperative when you threaten them with a baton. It's easy to risk your life for something. Some people are actually quite excited by it. However, the idea of persisting, non-fatal, non-romantic physical pain is actually far more repulsive to people.

So, in that vein, I suggest that people who knowingly purchase ivory should be mutilated and forced to live as beggars far away from home. No excitement of danger, no lawyers getting you out of prison. Just hot Calcutta air wheezing in and out of what used to be a nose, heavy septic breeze searing lipless, toothless gums. He holds out a tin can, mewling incoherently for change, or water, but the passersby have been severely told beforehand to not give him any money at all, nor to even acknowledge his presence. He waves his misshapen arms - broken, then "healed" all wrong - in a pleading motion, but it is as if he is invisible, as if there is only a thin glass pane separating him from a pre-torture life.

Children pass him by. One reaches out an innocent hand, to see what is the matter with the poor man, but the child's mother shoos him way. He tries to wail, but his vocal cords have been torn. Instead, only a wet fumbling mutter.

After two long days, at long last, he sees that the game is up. He tears his tin can in half, even with smashed hands. But just as he is about to slash his throat with the jagged metal, something happens. Something grabs his shoulders and pins him to the ground.

He wakes up in what seems like a hospital. He has no arms. One foreleg is gone. He is in a haze of drugs. Masked nurses force-feed him.

He is drugged again. He wakes up in massive empty room. Perhaps it had once been a warehouse, or a hangar. The walls are padded, and he cannot see any doors. There is nowhere to go and nothing to do and it hurts to move. The lights are bright, brighter than is normal for even a bright room. There is no shade. He cannot hear, either. Pink noise blasts from unseen speakers.

He cannot remember how long the body can last without water.

He will spend the rest of his short life guessing.

He will never notice the small divots in the walls' padding.

He will never see the eyes through these peepholes.

The eyes of, literally, the cartoon character Dumbo.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
that doesn't matter because the people who buy ivory are the people who probably run things like wall street

if anything the ivory burns are just veiled attempts to make ownership of it more exclusive

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

shhhh don't let em know, ivory prices are through the roof and I've got so many poachers working for me I'm thinking about franchising

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why go to all that effort when they can just be made to read your posts

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

think McDonald's only the arches are made of tusks

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

obv as a professional poachman I'd recommend against this course of action, but if I was some sort of antipoach bleeding heart liberal I'd recommend firing these tusks at poachers out of a tusk cannon

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

MiracleWhale posted:

obv as a professional poachman I'd recommend against this course of action, but if I was some sort of antipoach bleeding heart liberal I'd recommend firing these tusks at poachers out of a tusk cannon

that would really get your point across!!!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

TheWeepingHorse posted:

A friend of mine is a federal LEO. He said that a funny thing about the world is how suspects often "cowboy up" in face of a gun - however, they're much more cautious and cooperative when you threaten them with a baton. It's easy to risk your life for something. Some people are actually quite excited by it. However, the idea of persisting, non-fatal, non-romantic physical pain is actually far more repulsive to people.

So, in that vein, I suggest that people who knowingly purchase ivory should be mutilated and forced to live as beggars far away from home. No excitement of danger, no lawyers getting you out of prison. Just hot Calcutta air wheezing in and out of what used to be a nose, heavy septic breeze searing lipless, toothless gums. He holds out a tin can, mewling incoherently for change, or water, but the passersby have been severely told beforehand to not give him any money at all, nor to even acknowledge his presence. He waves his misshapen arms - broken, then "healed" all wrong - in a pleading motion, but it is as if he is invisible, as if there is only a thin glass pane separating him from a pre-torture life.

Children pass him by. One reaches out an innocent hand, to see what is the matter with the poor man, but the child's mother shoos him way. He tries to wail, but his vocal cords have been torn. Instead, only a wet fumbling mutter.

After two long days, at long last, he sees that the game is up. He tears his tin can in half, even with smashed hands. But just as he is about to slash his throat with the jagged metal, something happens. Something grabs his shoulders and pins him to the ground.

He wakes up in what seems like a hospital. He has no arms. One foreleg is gone. He is in a haze of drugs. Masked nurses force-feed him.

He is drugged again. He wakes up in massive empty room. Perhaps it had once been a warehouse, or a hangar. The walls are padded, and he cannot see any doors. There is nowhere to go and nothing to do and it hurts to move. The lights are bright, brighter than is normal for even a bright room. There is no shade. He cannot hear, either. Pink noise blasts from unseen speakers.

are you masturbating to this or what

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeepingHorse posted:

i did not read your torture fanfic

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Salem Saberhagen posted:

OP Imagine a marvelous steak sizzling on a grill, glistening in the flickering light of the flame below.
Above, Lo the face of a crusty clown inhaling the aroma and making a face of disgust and mutation.
hth.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gently caress china

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

gently caress china

tried but the clit kept getting in the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

eric posted:

Here's a picture of a Kenyan with a big rear end:

I'd poach that ebony, if you know what I mean! :mrgw:

• Locked thread