Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that's kind of weird. like they dont post anywhere but front page discussion. who signs up to talk about the SA front poage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

you did

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I kind of wish we discussed the front page more.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
You know, make the website and forums a holistic experience.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

actually i signed up because i gave up on life the front page had nothing to do with it

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Bet they'd all be pretty shocked when told there's other subforms or anything beyond front page discussion. And their regulars are banned for stuff like "oh, there's anything aside from the front page? :smug:"

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

I saw this and thought it said holocaust and lol'd. I blame the forums for this particular mental illness.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kuato posted:

Bet they'd all be pretty shocked when told there's other subforms or anything beyond front page discussion. And their regulars are banned for stuff like "oh, there's anything aside from the front page? :smug:"

Do you think they have their own dank msmes likes gbs/fyad/byob.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

what's the fromt paeg

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

MiracleWhale posted:

what's the fromt paeg

Aug 4, 2010

i once posted in there by accident

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
wait, there's a front page discussion forum?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i havent read the front page in like a decade at least probably but it used to be funny and i bet it's still probably pretty decent maybe ??? dunno

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know sa has a front page

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I like the dogs classifieds

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What is there to discuss? How many different ways can you say "That article was not very funny"

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Lowtax should have moved into the listicle format and let users submit content. Soon we'd have viral videos and we'd be on top of the world again!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

convert the front page into a subreddit imo

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

MiracleWhale posted:

what's the fromt paeg

It's like methadone weak poo poo but will do when you can't get the forumstanyl strong stuff

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Testikles posted:

You know, make the website and forums a holistic experience.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i like the dog articles

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Toadvine posted:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Testikles posted:

The front page is the trap that makes it seem like SA is a fun, hilarious place to hang out

Then you get to GBS and everyone's a drunk 30-something-year-old IT guy who contemplated the void too long

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Toadvine posted:

This. But I also forget the front page even exists unless I'm at work, because I always forget the forums part of the address.

Green Hill Friendzone
Oct 27, 2013

Testikles posted:

Lowtax should have moved into the listicle format and let users submit content. Soon we'd have viral videos and we'd be on top of the world again!

this but unironically

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I think i posted a thread in there once cause I was happy to see an attempt to bring weekend web back

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Robo Reagan posted:

actually i signed up because i gave up on life the front page had nothing to do with it

Same

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

Testikles posted:

Nobody comes here for the front page.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I love talking about the frontpage, personally. What I like to discuss about it is, "there's a frontpage?". The topic is even more relevant now than it was when it was a naughty thing to say.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

we're talking about the first page of gbs right?!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ps, mods, and admins, or lowtax, or whatever, pm me about being a columnist. I'm wicked funny.

Don't look at my post history though. That's not the "good stuff".

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I used to be a front page discussion hotshot....but that was several accounts and a trip through hell dump ago.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

what a bunch of wiener kids

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Man...Man that's hosed up. I wish you never told me this because now I'm really depressed. gently caress!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Lovin'....this front page.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I would like a small, regular column on the front page where I complain about my life and talk about the mundane poo poo that happens to me

It wouldn't be good for the site but it would probably help me out, Applewhite or SIB would probably be willing to do a boring accompanying sketch

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It hasn't been the same since J-List stopped running banner ads.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

thathonkey posted:

i havent read the front page in like a decade at least probably but it used to be funny and i bet it's still probably pretty decent maybe ??? dunno

it hasn't been decent in a long while. it's trash

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

The Bananana posted:

Ps, mods, and admins, or lowtax, or whatever, pm me about being a columnist. I'm wicked funny.

Don't look at my post history though. That's not the "good stuff".

haha you weren't even the funniest dude in mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

I'll be a columnist lowtax, just imagine my posts in gbs, but more of that! i'll be waiting for your email

• Locked thread