Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
I'm not sure, I'm an Autistic American, we worship Self and Money

so like, there's all this beef, is it just a confusion over words (this happens to me sometimes like i don't get when people use words in certain ways) or is it something more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Yes

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time
Yes and that's why they're so offended that the others get it wrong.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
We all fight over weather or not he has a son and who that son is if he does have one

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

It's like how my mom thinks I'm nice but everyone else thinks I'm an rear end in a top hat. Same person, different views of me.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One religion is the devil and one religion is neutral from the perspective of each of them.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Yes, Christianity is Judaism fanfiction and Islam is fanfic of them both, same with Mormons but dumber

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Christians have literally killed each other over technicalities on the divinity of Christ.

Seems like everyone needs to calm down and smoke a bowl.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Dreddout posted:

Christians have literally killed each other over technicalities on the divinity of Christ.

Seems like everyone needs to calm down and smoke a bowl.

is this a sign from God?

are you one of his servants?

idk how this stuff works

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Bismuth posted:

Yes, Christianity is Judaism fanfiction and Islam is fanfic of them both, same with Mormons but dumber

mormons are the crossover fanfic between christianity and a tng star trek episode

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I find the very suggestion that some sort of a "Moon God" exists to be laughable at best.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yes.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bismuth posted:

Mormons is the one where the gay dude gets like a bakers dozen wives right?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Yes.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Keep Autism Wired posted:

is this a sign from God?

are you one of his servants?

idk how this stuff works

Be not afraid, smoke a a spliff and you will understand, my child.

I'm gay

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
jesus is my bitch

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Dandywalken posted:

I find the very suggestion that some sort of a "Moon God" exists to be laughable at best.

i saw a thing on twitter that claimed that the quran states that the moon was once part of earth and was torn from it, that's part of the whole religious mythology but then in my science classes i heard the same thing so i'm like

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Dreddout posted:

Be not afraid, smoke a a spliff and you will understand, my child.

I'm gay

yeah that's creepy bruh

sounds like ur trying to trick me into choosing italian herbs and cheese when i should have some unleavened cardboard stuff

you didn't answer, whom do you represent, whom do you serve

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

They claim to but how can you say that the muslim allah is the same as the christian one if he lacks the holy trinity?

Anyways the guy's just a demiurge so who cares.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Me IRL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BAD6MbGRk

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

serious norman posted:

jesus is my bitch

this is an offensive post there are some outspoken christian posters here, i thought Something Awful was about creating safe spaces

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Look, I don't know what kind of racket you're trying to run around here, but let's be serious for a second. You're suggesting that three different religions, with three different sets of rules, with three different sets of rules against loving my relatives, are all actually a single god? That doesn't make sense, why would they use different names? Is this why my ex always called me Daddy? Will somebody explain what the gently caress is going on here??

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

They claim to but how can you say that the muslim allah is the same as the christian one if he lacks the holy trinity?
This argument exists in Islam as well so yeah it's kind of "depends on how you define god"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
no the god over here is better which is why we're just passive aggressive instead of blowing each other up in the streets with car bombs

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

YHVH is a twisted little desert imp that tricked a bunch of starving desert retards into an aggressive blood cult in his name. Avoid the semitic faiths and stick to the gods of your ancestors.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

isn't this a muslim belief anyway? that jews, muslims, and christians are all people of the book and everyone else goes to hell?

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y&t=340s

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Nanomashoes posted:

YHVH is a twisted little desert imp that tricked a bunch of starving desert retards into an aggressive blood cult in his name. Avoid the semitic faiths and stick to the gods of your ancestors.

This is literally what my dad told me growing up, are you my dad?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

contemplate this for a while and you wont need this thread anymore OP

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nanomashoes posted:

This is why I'm a druid but I'm considering rerolling a shaman.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nanomashoes posted:

anime sucks

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Nanomashoes posted:

as an American, I have some native ancestry somewhere down the line and the gods of my ancestors led them to be crushed and conquered by the Champions of that desert tribe God

I mean, there was some cool stuff happening in the Americas, worshipping the sun and the lightening bolts and tearing out hearts and stuff and living with the animals like pokahauntus , but it seems some niche lil hipster tribe found this one God which led them out of Egypt and they started a nation and yada yada yada Jesus arrives and the Roman empire falls and through all that, this one lil hipster tribe God meme has persisted, and then utterly annihilated the entire north and south americas so like...

idk if this is some darwin stuff or tribes stuff idk about all that but like.....:shrug:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Nanomashoes posted:

I love SMT, stay safe David Lane!

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Nanomashoes posted:

i suffer from autism friend, how can i contemplate these foreign scribbles i don't know this type of script

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Germstore posted:

anime sucks

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Keep Autism Wired posted:

as an American, I have some native ancestry somewhere down the line and the gods of my ancestors led them to be crushed and conquered by the Champions of that desert tribe God

I mean, there was some cool stuff happening in the Americas, worshipping the sun and the lightening bolts and tearing out hearts and stuff and living with the animals like pokahauntus , but it seems some niche lil hipster tribe found this one God which led them out of Egypt and they started a nation and yada yada yada Jesus arrives and the Roman empire falls and through all that, this one lil hipster tribe God meme has persisted, and then utterly annihilated the entire north and south americas so like...

idk if this is some darwin stuff or tribes stuff idk about all that but like.....:shrug:

The natives all died because of a plague sent on them by a dark spirit, and you want to go join his team because social darwinism or some poo poo. Congrats you're a death eater/mordor orc/some other nerd reference now.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
i'm still not sure if i should trust this guy telling me to smoke weed, does he serve the real god that exists or the god that doesn't exist or maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle? idk maybe it a hegalian dialectic what's that? i need bud

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Yes OP now you can close the thread.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Nanomashoes posted:

The natives all died because of a plague sent on them by a dark spirit, and you want to go join his team because social darwinism or some poo poo. Congrats you're a death eater/mordor orc/some other nerd reference now.

i'm just saying, them jews have been an unfortunate group of people historically thrown into unfortunate situations and they seem to have done pretty well for themselves, all things considered, so maybe they are onto something and maybe they deserve respect for that and perhaps their ideas and values also deserve respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

8 track betamax posted:

Yes OP now you can close the thread.

i thought this thread was going places :gbsmith:

• Locked thread