Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

FinalGamer posted:

Nobody likes Theresa May anyway, she could offer crumpets and still get a sneer of hatred down her way.

I certainly wouldn't take any baked goods she offered me. I reckon she has a fully kitted-out gingerbread house paid for on expenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

This whole antisemitism thing is a bad joke with the longest setup. The Graun opinion section has been pushing this agenda for months prior just to set the stage. Not that I think the smug backpfeifengesichte at the Graun have made a concerted effort to set this all up, more I just think it's been the only angle of attack they could pursue against the hated Jihadi Jez that's actually gained real traction and even then only through the desperate swinging of dead cats by racist Australian campaign managers. If Ken hadn't waded in and put his foot in it the whole thing would probably have blown over by now. Just to get an idea of the ridiculous bias at work, compare and contrast the volume of Grauniad pieces over the past few months focusing on labour's supposed anti-semitism with those calling out Goldsmith's dog-whistle tactics.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Name a point and I'll tell you if I agree with it.

:ironicat:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Jonathan Freedland is an antisemite intent on justifying the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

OldMemes posted:

I don't like having litter and pollution, but my Green canidiate hasn't given us a leaflet.

:thumbsup:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

TinTower posted:

Israel's Eurovision jury gave twelve points to a song about ethnic cleansing and genocide. :ironicat:

What, you think that genocide (or mistreatment by Stalinists) doesn't resonate with the Israeli public?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Considering the shitheads our public routinely vote for (including libdems of all things) it's maybe unwise to tar a nation's people with the same brush as their leaders.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Oh I dunno. I think it's by the powers of these isles combined that we produce a truly detestable union. More dislikable than the sum of its parts.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

It's impossible to be apolitical in a competition that by its very nature favours the existence of modern nation-states. :anarchists:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Actually I think Scotlands military plans were happy thoughts and letting Russia build a nuclear sub base in the exact spot THE ENGLISH had one.

A nightmare scenario made yet more urgent and plausible by the Russian nuclear installations in Norway, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Finland and every other non-nuclear armed nation in northern Europe.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

I'm sure there was a plan for the reconstruction of Iraq. Not one based on creating a viable nation-state, mind, more just an exercise in unabashed, egregious and very, very lucrative war profiteering.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Well, he learned soon enough thanks to the Shi'ite death squads.

Considering Dubya's functional illiteracy, he probably just thought it meant they were bad at being death squads.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

For a moment there I genuinely thought Gog and Magog was a warhams 40k reference. I should probably be embarassed that my immediate thoughts turned to tabletop war gaming rather than biblical proph... actually no.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...-_-Imageandlink

"We broke the law but didn't do anything wrong" cried the pigfucker.

For far too long we have been a passively tolerant

eeeeeeeeeeh

:suicide:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

In what situations is it acceptable to use the word "context"?

e: very funny flaps. We all know you don't have friends.

TomViolence fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 26, 2016

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Do any of you cunts listen to the raps? I hear that n-word all the time in them raps.

e: vvvvvvvvvvvv

I take it that in this case "the right person" is, as ever, "not Pissflaps"?

TomViolence fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 26, 2016

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Did you consider using the n-word while talking to them about rap music? I hear that's OK now.

I know rap music's got pretty commercial, but I don't think we should be conflating it with ne0-liberalism all the same.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Benjamin Arthur posted:

The argument for reform seems a tad disingenous when as it stands, the EU seems just as likely to economically reform right-wing as it left wing.

Well, that's because it is. Still, it's probably better to vote for the lovely status quo, it being the devil we know, rather than offer ourselves up to have our hopes and dreams vigorously hosed into the sea by the tories. We're getting shafted either way, it's just a matter of whether we want it "with lube" or "with spikes."

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Does it not come from Roma having to pass themselves off as Egyptian copts to escape persecution?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

I really think context and intent should count for a hell of a lot more than nomenclature and semantics. Someone mistakenly referring to Romani as Gypsies in a positive or neutral context shouldn't provoke the hilariously disproportionate zero tolerance response of jumping down their throat and wrangling together the twitter mob to give them a good telling off, for instance. Whereas whatever word you use to identify the group, if you're calling for their campsites to be closed up and moved on and claiming they bring violence and crime wherever they fetch up, you deserve to be told what a massive, raging bellend you are. Of course, this would require people to be both willing to understand each other and be respectful of one another's intelligence, which will never loving happen. It'd be nice if people could communicate with something like mutual respect, instead of living in the perpetual, paralysing self-doubt that comes from not being able to open their mouth without the possibility of generating outrage -- or, succumbing instead to wilful ignorance of others' sensibilities and parroting bigoted dog-whistle nonsense out of some misplaced sense of libertarian principle.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Trickjaw posted:

Wouldn't everyone being on HIV prevention drugs lose efficiency as the virus adapts?

That's really more dependent on the drug's mechanism of action than anything else. It's not like antibiotics where overexposure all but guarantees reisistant strains developing.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

JFairfax posted:

it's just one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of, it's not quite as bad as injecting industrial silicone sealant into your arse cheeks but it's up there.

Why that and not, just for instance, smoking? What is it about needles that sends IQs into freefall?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Smoking makes you look cool.

A silicone arse doesn't.

It wasn't the silicone arse I was referring to, but injecting tanning thingies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Injecting spray tan doesn't make you look cool either.

I was under the impression that it wasn't spray tan they were injecting, but some specifically made intravenous tanning solution.

Extreme0 posted:

It's a good thing because it demonstrates that free health care should still be a thing.

The most depressing thing about Breaking Bad's cultural impact is that it's probably convinced more Americans that creating a personal meth emprie is cool and good than it has ever convinced to change their mind about free healthcare.

• Locked thread