Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've said it before but when you watch these sort of videos from the Middle East, you're left with the impression that the participants think they're in a computer game where they can just respawn if they get killed.

No that's Buddhists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

LemonDrizzle posted:

Judging by her Marr appearance, Diane Abbott has been taking media handling lessons from Ken Livingstone.

The Labour Party is run by morons.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't think labour has a problem with anti semitism either - turns out they're really good at it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Mega Comrade posted:

I thought you supported labour but just hated Corbyn?

Does that mean I have to support anti Semites?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dabir posted:

You claim to be working class so yes you have to support antisemites to eat.

What do you mean 'claim'?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wouldn't say deep rooted, the opposite in fact: it seems to be coming from the top down.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

I do not believe for a nanosecond that pissflaps is working class

Why not?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Mega Comrade posted:

Okay so it comes back round to Corbyn and his backers again then?

It would help if he resigned.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

True but sometimes someone is annoying and so you want them not to be.

Why do some people need to otherise those they find annoying?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

a glitch posted:

How, exactly? I can't see any way for Corbyn to resign that would actually benefit Labour.

It's not exactly working out with him in charge.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I have a feeling we wouldn't be discussing how much the Labour Party hates Jewish people if he were.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Oberleutnant posted:

I would rather watch a documentary about medieval shipbuilding than The Voice.

Same.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

thehustler posted:

Straight out to sea below Scotland, then. Draw a line from Yorkshire to Newcastle and out in to sea and there's your estimate of where it's going.

How do you draw a line 'from Yorkshire'?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Guavanaut posted:

With a map, a ruler, and two agreed upon points.

Yorkshire is a big place.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Guavanaut posted:

That's why it's important to agree the two points.

Name a point and I'll tell you if I agree with it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can confirm that nothing was audible in Middlesbrough.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Cheesy chips with gravy mmm

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

General China posted:

Another poster who is dead to me.

Coincidentally, another southerner.

Tyneside is Scotland.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Panic over everyone. Labour's not going to lose any council seats this week.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

General China posted:

A man shoved hot chips into the face of a fish bar assistant before knocking her out with a punch in a row over gravy sauce.

Who says 'gravy sauce'?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Americans use the word 'gravy' to mean a variety of sauces so marinara sauce, for instance, might be described as 'a gravy'.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Taear posted:

Suddenly I've arrived in the strange nightmare world where I was going to post what Pissflaps has posted.

I wouldn't describe a commitment to passionate argument in good faith with sources when necessary as a 'nightmare', but it's certainly a responsibility.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dead Goon posted:

I like chips and gravy from my local Chinese takeaway.

Their chips and curry sauce are also quite nice.

I like chips and fried rice and curry sauce from the chinese all in one tray mmm.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I ordered a takeaway for this first time this year on Saturday and I had it delivered.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Relief for Corbyn as Hamas confirms their support for his leadership describing it as "painful hit that the Zionist enemy received".

Maybe this will boost his image on the world stage?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Noxville posted:

I work with several people from Hull and they're all obsessed with this stuff called 'chip spice' that seems to not exist outside of Hull. Far as I can tell it's just basically like the special salt that Nandos do.

I work with somebody from the Manchester area and they have that it's not something you see round here.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

dispatch_async posted:

Speaking of online confessions that might tip off the police: people might want to reconsider revealing their crisp preferences.

Loughton car thief taunted by police over crisp clue

I love reading about the police banging up some bad scrotes and these playful tweets make the whole thing even more compelling. Lovely stuff.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Trickjaw posted:

At least Pissflaps will be happy with PMQs :(

I'm not happy at all.

We've got an Opposition leader who has so much baggage that he can't make any headway against this Tory government.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Chucat posted:

Pissflaps are you still a bantersaurus rex in TRP? You were an S-Rank poster there.

I think this question would be better suited to PMs, games poster.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

thespaceinvader posted:

TBF the Speaker has to be an MP and is elected by Parliament, so they're almost always going to be a (former) member of the current ruling party, as the current ruling party will almost always win votes in Parliament, especially important procedural ones.

I think the convention is that the speaker is chosen from alternating main parties - so next time it will be Labour's turn.

This is why the Tories themselves tried to oust him at the end of the last parliament - having a speaker from your party in effect reduces your number of MPs, and makes a majority harder to achieve.

Not sure what happens if Labour were to become a third party.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

winegums posted:

Who should be the leader of the Labour party?

Anybody but Jeremy Corbyn.

And Diane Abbott.

And Ken Livingstone.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

kustomkarkommando posted:

I for one think that Hitler should not be leader of the Labour party, unlike Pissflaps

I'm flattered at the suggestion but right now I'm not planning to be leader of the Labour Party.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Only PCC voting in my part of the world. I don't plan to vote I think the post is a waste of time and money.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Well it is a nice day and it might be fun to take my daughter to her first vote I suppose.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hookerbot 5000 posted:

'Fun' might be pushing it, but something different anyway.

She's one year old everything is fun.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Charlotte Church has turned her back on Corbyn's Labour and backed Plaid Cymru instead.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

Being fair, Scottish Labour also turned their back on Corbyn. Leanne Wood is probably more supportive of Corbyn than Jones.

I don't think Scottish Labour operates in Wales, does it?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah I meant Welsh. Sorry you're a bit of a broken record so I typed Scottish by habit.

In what way has Welsh Labour turned its back on Corbyn?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

It's been trying to distance itself from Westminster entirely due to the infighting and bollocks going on - most recently telling Corbyn to gently caress off due to the anti-Semitism row.

Being fair, that's a reasonable reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

No, throwing your leader under the bus provided by your enemies is not a reasonable reaction. Corbyn is not a jew hating monster. The narrative is that Corbyn is a jew hating monster. The reasonable reaction is not to give the lies of your critics much needed weight.

edit: oops, haven't done this in a while.

Tesseraction prompted me to do some reading around the subject and describing Welsh Labour as 'throwing Corbyn under the bus' is a bit of a hyperbolic way of putting it. They've merely tried to keep him off the radar during their campaign.

quote:

The party has been effective so far in running a Jeremy Corbyn-free campaign. The UK leader has not been to Wales of late and there has been little mention of Westminster politics by Labour candidates so far.

There is a reason for this - Jeremy Corbyn plays badly on the doorstep with plenty of voters in key marginal seats.

Carwyn Jones says fewer and fewer people have been mentioning him, which may be a reflection of the success Labour have had in largely keeping him out of the assembly campaign.

• Locked thread